DIY Earbuds
Jul 24, 2021 at 4:07 PM Post #3,781 of 4,718
Yup. It's definitely personal preference :beerchug:

Here is link for ShoonTH ESEP-01BL on Ali, if someone don't like Penon.
Yup! And the OP139 will be very interesting to the comparison because it's one of the most sensitive and easy to drive among the big solders, so I'm excited πŸ₯΄

Also, speaking of ShoonTH and DP100 stuff, I wanna tackle the 300ohm and put it in a DP100 shell in the future. Gonna basically reshell a QIGOM White Lotus (same drivers) to it. I'm gonna transfer the faceplate to a proper MX760 too and see if something changes to the signature.
(though I have a feeling that it'll be the same but hey, it's better than putting other drivers I did and tuning that dang shell for months πŸ˜‚)

Jul 24, 2021 at 4:16 PM Post #3,782 of 4,718
Yup! And the OP139 will be very interesting to the comparison because it's one of the most sensitive and easy to drive among the big solders, so I'm excited πŸ₯΄

Also, speaking of ShoonTH and DP100 stuff, I wanna tackle the 300ohm and put it in a DP100 shell in the future. Gonna basically reshell a QIGOM White Lotus (same drivers) to it. I'm gonna transfer the faceplate to a proper MX760 too and see if something changes to the signature.
(though I have a feeling that it'll be the same but hey, it's better than putting other drivers I did and tuning that dang shell for months πŸ˜‚)
Do you mean 300ohm N52? I already tried with DP100 and didn't change at all. Don't waste time on it

Jul 24, 2021 at 4:21 PM Post #3,783 of 4,718
Do you mean 300ohm N52? I already tried with DP100 and didn't change at all. Don't waste time on it
Yup, those N52s. Before tuning them, I'm gonna give it a try stock, and see if I like it.
If the sound doesn't change with the DP100 shell, at least it's gonna give comfort and aesthetics too since those DP100 transparent shell looks goooood.

Jul 24, 2021 at 4:25 PM Post #3,784 of 4,718
One driver on my ShoonTH went completely silent. I'll probably take a new pair but before that I'm waiting for these drivers that look a lot like the ShoonTH Foster driver

Jul 24, 2021 at 4:31 PM Post #3,785 of 4,718
Yup, those N52s. Before tuning them, I'm gonna give it a try stock, and see if I like it.
If the sound doesn't change with the DP100 shell, at least it's gonna give comfort and aesthetics too since those DP100 transparent shell looks goooood.
I use DP100 from ShoonTH as sleeping buds, because of great fit and comfort. N52 is a stubborn driver (hard to tune) and it does not deserve a good shell like DP100. You'll see what I'm talking about soon.

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2021 at 4:46 PM Post #3,786 of 4,718
I use DP100 from ShoonTH as sleeping buds, because of great fit and comfort. N52 is a stubborn driver (hard to tune) and it does not deserve a good shell like DP100. You'll see what I'm talking about soon.
I gotta have a try for some risky things then πŸ˜‚
Though that 300ohm driver is fairly popular here, so I got really interested when you guys gave it the yuck face.

Also, rest assured, those drivers you linked are the same drivers from your ShoonTH. I think it came from an OEM manufacturer called Haoyun. You can check their alibaba listing here (with full technical specs and graph).

Jul 24, 2021 at 4:54 PM Post #3,787 of 4,718
Also, rest assured, those drivers you linked are the same drivers from your ShoonTH. I think it came from an OEM manufacturer called Haoyun. You can check their alibaba listing here (with full technical specs and graph).
Hmmm... driver from my link has green PCB and Shoonth use blue one. Your link on Alibaba is ShoonTH driver 100%

Jul 24, 2021 at 5:05 PM Post #3,788 of 4,718
Hmmm... driver from my link has green PCB and Shoonth use blue one. Your link on Alibaba is ShoonTH driver 100%
It's possible that they changed the pcb colors with no effect to the whole sound, though personally I'd rather be accurate to the ShoonTH driver so if you're willing to buy bulk prices, you should go for that alibaba listing!

Also some aliex sellers might be selling those same drivers with the correct pcb, though ordering from other sellers with different items in your cart can be a pain

Jul 24, 2021 at 5:20 PM Post #3,789 of 4,718
It's possible that they changed the pcb colors with no effect to the whole sound, though personally I'd rather be accurate to the ShoonTH driver so if you're willing to buy bulk prices, you should go for that alibaba listing!

Also some aliex sellers might be selling those same drivers with the correct pcb, though ordering from other sellers with different items in your cart can be a pain
I will see what can I do and if it's possible to get drivers from Alibaba. BTW...these ShoonTH driver is unique about 3 things: Fast bass, wide stage and precise imaging.
No DIY drivers that I tried not have these features

Jul 24, 2021 at 5:26 PM Post #3,790 of 4,718

Every time you mention the OP139 I cry from the fact I broke the coil on mine for the sake of science :laughing:, though I still need to wait till I can order my batch of drivers from china to get a couple pairs of the OP139 handy :D

Jul 24, 2021 at 5:30 PM Post #3,791 of 4,718
Every time you mention the OP139 I cry from the fact I broke the coil on mine for the sake of science :laughing:, though I still need to wait till I can order my batch of drivers from china to get a couple pairs of the OP139 handy :D
What can I say, a good earbud really breaks a man πŸ₯΄
Had the same feeling too with my Pink dots, they're just too good πŸ€“
Hope you get your 2nd pair tho, but those spare OP139 shells are definitely something I'd buy. I wish a listing pops out for it LOL

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2021 at 5:41 PM Post #3,792 of 4,718
What can I say, a good earbud really breaks a man πŸ₯΄
Had the same feeling too with my Pink dots, they're just too good πŸ€“
Hope you get your 2nd pair tho, but those spare OP139 shells are definitely something I'd buy. I wish a listing pops out for it LOL
I think that 14.8mm 64ohm N55 driver has the same size as pink dot. I use JVC HA-F11 shell for N55 because it has perfect size for this 14.8mm metal mesh cover
1627162693582.png

Also there are few colors
1627162894678.png

Jul 24, 2021 at 5:50 PM Post #3,793 of 4,718
I think that 14.8mm 64ohm N55 driver has the same size as pink dot. I use JVC HA-F11 shell for N55 because it has perfect size for this 14.8mm metal mesh cover

Also there are few colors
Thanks for the heads up, but those metal mesh versions of the Pink dots (if that's what you're referring to) are bigger (15.4mm vs 14.8mm) but more finicky than a usual 15.4mm faceplate, as it would only fit flush with shells that has lips like the DP100 shells has.

Though that could be a good alternative for a 14.8mm shell, taking note of it for future use 🀩
I've been planning to make use of my Monk Lite shell, but I have no plans for 14.8mm right now, all of my plans are flooded with 15.4mm πŸ˜†
Maybe I'll put in those 14.8mm 32ohm Titanium or that 64ohms driver you mentioned someday...

Jul 27, 2021 at 8:19 AM Post #3,795 of 4,718

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back