DIY Earbuds
Apr 5, 2018 at 4:29 PM Post #661 of 4,721
This buying and re-selling reminds me of the time I stayed at a nice local hotel in Ho Chi Minh City. I would order breakfast via room service, stand in the balcony and watch two workers strap up and take a moped out to somewhere and return a few minutes later with some take-out containers. 5 minutes later they knock at my door with delicious Vietnamese food all plated nicely and steaming hot. By the way, this hotel did not have not a kitchen. :)

Apr 6, 2018 at 4:00 AM Post #662 of 4,721
Uairekko take effort on housing very much. I likes how he makes custom painting. Though about the new housing, I don't think there are dual dynamic drivers inside. Is it true??

Apr 6, 2018 at 1:06 PM Post #663 of 4,721
Uairekko take effort on housing very much. I likes how he makes custom painting. Though about the new housing, I don't think there are dual dynamic drivers inside. Is it true??

Oh I can't confirm that for sure. Haven't got the chance to ask him about that. It was just my speculations. It'd be cool if it does though. :grin:

Apr 8, 2018 at 2:36 AM Post #664 of 4,721
That's why they have never provided info cause this is their business secret otherwise many people will go to buy the same instant driver.
Yes that's true. BUT WE are the DIYers and it's up to us to unravel the mysteries that lie therein. We're not here to make money, we're here to demystify...deconstruct...break a few things. Most of all, share our knowledge that is unencumbered by grubby little greedy fingers (commerce that is). For the fun of it.

Apr 8, 2018 at 5:21 AM Post #665 of 4,721
Everything you think has cost. First you have to buy the DIY earbuds one that you are curious . Open it up with your own risk (you might unintentionally break components of driver). Buy many instant drivers or some notable-brand earbuds (Aliexpress sell very little comparing to Taobao) and open it up too. Compare your curious one and other drivers you own. Finally take photos and reveal it. It will cost you a lot not only money but also you are going to make opponents cause you are going to ruin those DIY brands. I will appreciate very much if you will do this process.

AFAIK, Shozy BK utilizes as a same driver as Docomo earbuds. You might have fun and challenge yourself to make better tuning than Shozy BK.

Apr 8, 2018 at 1:35 PM Post #666 of 4,721
Everything you think has cost. First you have to buy the DIY earbuds one that you are curious . Open it up with your own risk (you might unintentionally break components of driver). Buy many instant drivers or some notable-brand earbuds (Aliexpress sell very little comparing to Taobao) and open it up too. Compare your curious one and other drivers you own. Finally take photos and reveal it. It will cost you a lot not only money but also you are going to make opponents cause you are going to ruin those DIY brands. I will appreciate very much if you will do this process.

AFAIK, Shozy BK utilizes as a same driver as Docomo earbuds. You might have fun and challenge yourself to make better tuning than Shozy BK.

That's interesting. I was about to order the DQSM and PK2 Docomo from Nicehck. I'm planning to recable them and experiment on the tuning cottons.

Apr 8, 2018 at 10:48 PM Post #667 of 4,721
Good! Any question is welcome as long as I have some knowledge or info to support your DIY earbuds. Though, I have zero hand-skill. I always bring my earbuds and parts to handful DIY guy/store do it. Soldering is one of important points. You need to use the lowest optimal tempterature and the shortest time to achieve the best soldering without leaving any black-burn spot as the best result. :wink:

Apr 9, 2018 at 1:40 PM Post #668 of 4,721
Good! Any question is welcome as long as I have some knowledge or info to support your DIY earbuds. Though, I have zero hand-skill. I always bring my earbuds and parts to handful DIY guy/store do it. Soldering is one of important points. You need to use the lowest optimal tempterature and the shortest time to achieve the best soldering without leaving any black-burn spot as the best result. :wink:

I have yet to master my soldering skills. Had so much time back in college soldering electric guitar stuff from guitar effects to guitar hardwares. Still learning or trying to until now. :grin:

Apr 25, 2018 at 9:52 AM Post #669 of 4,721
ETOrZIa.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2018 at 11:19 AM Post #673 of 4,721
Has anyone found any good braidable (not stiff) earphone wire on Ali? There's so much wire, it would be nice if you might share, if you've found some. Only criteria is good sounding and braidable. I've bought some wire off of ebay, good sounding (milspec copper and silver plated copper) but too stiff (for my tastes) for earbuds. Links would be great. Thanks.

Apr 27, 2018 at 2:23 PM Post #674 of 4,721
Has anyone found any good braidable (not stiff) earphone wire on Ali? There's so much wire, it would be nice if you might share, if you've found some. Only criteria is good sounding and braidable. I've bought some wire off of ebay, good sounding (milspec copper and silver plated copper) but too stiff (for my tastes) for earbuds. Links would be great. Thanks.

I've used this 28-AWG Silicone insulated wire, and it's quite flexible.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/28A...32429281418.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.6dKPpc
2 strands will fit easily in a MX500 shell, but you'll probably have to bore out the wire channel in a MX760 shell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back