1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

DIY Earbuds

First

Back
37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46
48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57
Next

Last
  1. Merlin-PT
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2018
  2. Tusca99
    Hello guys, I'm willing to build my first diy earbud. I can see how to make the cable (looking for a 4 core for now).
    However I really need help on the driver choice and the housing. I am relying on any advices for an all around driver.
    I was thinking about an open housing to emphasize soundstage.

Lastly I was thinking of 3d modelling for the housing realization. Does anyone have experiences on this (materials and techniques)?
    Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2018
  3. seanc6441
    Truely open back will be difficult as most earbuds are tuned to work with a semi open back design.

Newest-K-s-Earphone-Black-Ling-Brass-Cavirt-Metal-Earbud-HIFI-Fever-DJ-Bass-Earphone-14.jpg

That's my favorite shell design of all I've used. It's similar in size to a PK shell, very comfortable and has a good cavity size. Also I feel that fully open or mostly open front grilles are superior to that of the mx500 which only vents around the edge. I feel the metal grilles that open the sides and the middle for example give a more balanced sound positioning and respond better to foam changes.

Tusca99 likes this.
  4. seanc6441
    Does anyone have a link on aliexpress to various back vent foam filters? Looking to replace some on my pk shell earbud that has degraded over time. Thank you :)

5. golov17
  6. seanc6441
  7. seanc6441
    @golov17
    Which drivers fit these shells? Docomo, mx500 type or other? I see 14.8mm in the description but not sure what standard that is. Would you know? Thx

8. DAndrew
    You can look for 14.8 mm drivers on aliexpress since there are lots of them. But it should fit mx500 since its 14.8 iirc. If you want to buy that shell let me know, maybe we can do a group buy :D

seanc6441 likes this.
  9. seanc6441
    I searched 14.8mm driver and it seems to be pk drivers listed on aliexpress, im very interested in a group buy yes, or whatever way i can get them to EU :)

These are lovely looking shells like the liebesleid, i wanna try some pk drivers in them!

Anyone who can get them to me (ill pay obviously) will get a free earbud out of it when I make them into functioning earbuds.

Or alternatively a group buy can work if anyone has the means to get them into EU.

10. DAndrew
    I'll order them tomorrow. How many pairs do you want?

11. golov17
    Docomo, pk, ebx, etc

seanc6441 likes this.
  12. seanc6441
    Oh nice didn't realise you could do it yourself, ill take 5 pairs!

I'll be trying the new 16ohm SR driver recommend by jogawag in it, i have a spare cygnus driver which ill try too.

Thx mate!

Actually before you pull the trigger let me quickly search something on taobao i was interested in that you can include in the order (back vent foam filters).
    Much appreciated. Definitely gonna try these out :)

13. DAndrew
    I will message the supplier first, see about a price reduction and such and if they accept paypal. Else its a bit risky to order with a credit card. I'll let you know tomorrow

Also they dont seem to have back vents but if you mean tuning foams for the driver, they are available on aliexpress as well :)

seanc6441 likes this.
  14. seanc6441
    Yeah i mean the tuning foam for the back of pk shells (not the 'horse shoe' shape ring for mx500 venting. It's just a small square of tuning foam with sticky tape on one side to attach to the inner shell vent.

15. DAndrew
    It should be on aliexpress, if not you can improvise :D

First

Back
37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46
48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57
Next

Last