DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread
Apr 1, 2021 at 4:32 PM Post #10,043 of 10,535
That's what I found with DHC. Takes long enough to ship here let alone the wait before they actually ship it.
Hello noddy43, actually the order for which Benno1988 was referring was posted on the 12th of February and the order was placed on the 11th of February, the items were posted via Royal mail international tracked and signed which states between 7 and 10 days, I wasn't even aware of any delay with this parcel, (sorry Benno1988) but Royal mail have a ready made excuse with covid and boy do they use it.

Apr 1, 2021 at 4:41 PM Post #10,044 of 10,535
Hello noddy43, actually the order for which Benno1988 was referring was posted on the 12th of February and the order was placed on the 11th of February, the items were posted via Royal mail international tracked and signed which states between 7 and 10 days, I wasn't even aware of any delay with this parcel, (sorry Benno1988) but Royal mail have a ready made excuse with covid and boy do they use it.
Not your fault, Royal Mail just sucks. Same as USPS. FedEx seems decent as far as times go

Apr 1, 2021 at 4:50 PM Post #10,045 of 10,535
Not your fault, Royal Mail just sucks. Same as USPS. FedEx seems decent as far as times go
Thanks but I would never use Fedex due to the fact that they charge a deferment fee to clear customs and then have the cheek to charge VAT on that deferment fee, they are
crooks, I would rather walk the parcel there myself and judging by the time yours took I would probably still arrive before Royal mail.

Apr 1, 2021 at 7:29 PM Post #10,046 of 10,535
Thanks but I would never use Fedex due to the fact that they charge a deferment fee to clear customs and then have the cheek to charge VAT on that deferment fee, they are
crooks, I would rather walk the parcel there myself and judging by the time yours took I would probably still arrive before Royal mail.
Haha. Moon audio uses FedEx. Whatever they do, it comes USA to Australia in a week, no customs etc on top. Might be different in UK.

Then USPS I'd be lucky if it ever arrives. And Royal Mail just takes its Royal time. And its updates go silent for weeks and it suddenly arrives!

Apr 1, 2021 at 10:47 PM Post #10,047 of 10,535
No offence to cosmic cable intended. I have not used as yet but no doubt will in future!

Apr 3, 2021 at 9:07 AM Post #10,048 of 10,535
Did anyone try taking the 4pin XLR thingy from Neutrik and put it in Viablue T6S XLR to make a Viablue 4pin XLR?
It's held with a screw so it can be replaced, in theory inner diameter is the same and total depth is too. Any ideas?

6024_T6SXLRFEMRED_2.jpg

NC4MX-02-800x800.jpg

viablue-t6s-xl-gold-plated-24k-3-way-male-xlr-connector-o12mm-black-unit.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2021 at 7:45 PM Post #10,049 of 10,535
Chasing some reasonable quality 4.4mm Plugs and Sockets, both cable mount.

Moon sell them and they are good, $30 USD a pop though.

Anyone found decent ones on Aliexpress or somewhere else, maybe $10 USD each or so?

Apr 8, 2021 at 10:41 PM Post #10,050 of 10,535
Since a balanced cable has three wires than does it mean that if I want a TRRS (L+L- and R+R-) then wouldnt changing the jack connector to a 2.5mm TRRS make the cable work on amp/dacs that require a 2.5mm TRRS input? Also how do i tell if the headphone cable is balanced other than looking at the jack itself?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back