DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread
Oct 30, 2019 at 1:25 PM Post #9,321 of 10,535
Please draw a picture of what you trying to achieve
KNWMol4.jpg

Nov 2, 2019 at 8:13 AM Post #9,324 of 10,535
This is going to be more Do-it-for-me instead of DYI type of question :) I am building an audiophile PC. I need two high end USB A to USB B and USB A to USB C cables. I found the perfect one NEOTECH NEUB-3020 (very well shielded and made from UP-OOC copper) cable but is too long at 1 meter and it is only USB B to USB A. It needs to be cut in half and to connect one USB C connector to one of the halves and one USB A to the other half. This way I can have two 50 centimeters each USB A to USB B and USB A to USB C cables. Do you know of a person or a company in USA or Canada that might consider such crazy request?

I have two left hands, otherwise I would have done it myself :triportsad::beyersmile:

Nov 2, 2019 at 3:37 PM Post #9,325 of 10,535
What is the best Ethernet cable available in bulk. Is there anything more exotic than viablue’s silver plated wire? :)

Nov 7, 2019 at 1:30 PM Post #9,328 of 10,535
For making a balanced cable with mono 3.5mm connectors (Hifiman cans), do I simply use the tips as L+ for one and R+ for the other connector and then the respective sleeves as L- and R- ground?

Nov 7, 2019 at 1:33 PM Post #9,329 of 10,535
Anybody know the secret to getting the little brass rings in a Mr Speakers/Dan Clark Audio connector crimped properly so that they fit nicely into the barrel of the connector?
You can use a hex crimper like you might use on the ring of an RG 59 f connector

Nov 7, 2019 at 1:36 PM Post #9,330 of 10,535
For making a balanced cable with mono 3.5mm connectors (Hifiman cans), do I simply use the tips as L+ for one and R+ for the other connector and then the respective sleeves as L- and R- ground?
That is correct but the spacing of the rings can be different than the stereo plus. Did it come with TRS connectors? I would use that type and you still just connect tip and sleeve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back