DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread
Aug 19, 2018 at 12:06 PM Post #8,386 of 10,535
why the low resistance cable that I making, the low resistance heard quite and with worst quality.
it's feels like the gold plated connectors damage the sound.
I using shielded cables, from copper with gold plated connectors and silver contain solder.
the resistance is very low but the sound is worst
s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg
What are you making ?

Aug 19, 2018 at 12:22 PM Post #8,387 of 10,535
I would like to make a cable for my HD58x. I would think also that learning to make this cable would open possibilities of learning to make other headphone cables with other connectors like the 2 pin Ultimate ears/Shure and other IEM companies utilize as well as the MCX connector utilized for other CIEMs.

Aug 19, 2018 at 2:01 PM Post #8,389 of 10,535
I don't think so. this is more of just a project to learn something new. I do have a CIEM with TF10 internals and another TF10 that I could use a new cable for just from wear and tear of 3 years which would also be on my list to replace. I've seen some people explaining learning to make cables is cheaper than buying some super high end. Not opposed to buying this is just for my interests.

Aug 20, 2018 at 5:17 PM Post #8,390 of 10,535
I think Markertek shipping is free anywhere in the ConUSA for standard shipping. Now I understand you not wanting to wait, especially if you are a millennial. Also, make sure the cable is gluten free and that you take a selfie with it once you are done! Once you post, we'll give you a trophy :)

note, the above is humor, and is meant to make you smile. If you are offended, well, that's another millennial thing :)

Note, that was more humor.

The fact that you would insult me by even inferring that I am a millennial shows that you should start behaving like an adult instead of those whom you rightfully disparage. Did you even look at my join date? I've been a member here for 16 years. I know your post was meant in jest but come'on, I was in my 20's when i joined Head-Fi.

As I have stated, the reason I needed this first cable build in a timely manner is because my original cable failed near the headphone connector. I am planning on making fancier cables in the future though. And after test braiding about 6 feet of four cat5 conductors the other day, Its definitely not going to be a job i can rush.

Aug 21, 2018 at 2:52 PM Post #8,393 of 10,535
Look good, I was just surprised that you said the sound quality Worsen ? It confused me lol
The resistant become low, but I feel that the volume down and I feel that the quality is too (I really don't know why)

after I put the sleeve on the cable its bent too often and became to stiff in all it long and on the part that above my shoulder when the unplugged plug is
look what had I done with the sleeved cable https://i.imgur.com/fbC8QvE.jpg

In addition, I searching for silver 4 core silver cable (more fat then 8 cores * 0.1mm that I bought), to create headphone cables and rca connector, short cable to connect aune x1s---> aune x7s

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2018 at 10:41 AM Post #8,395 of 10,535
Stereo cable makes cranchy noise when I move it
becuase of the connector.
3.5mm connector having more of this problem then 6.35mm
how can I fix it?
If the 3.5mm plug can be fixed, open it and fix it (resolder the wires). if it cannot be fixed, then replace the plug. If the cable is cheap, just buy a new one. They are < $5.

Sep 1, 2018 at 10:31 AM Post #8,399 of 10,535
all the 3.5mm unconnected so easily so it's having so much distortions!

Sorry, this doesn't make sense to me. It's probably english isn't your language, but I'm not sure what you are trying to say.

Sep 1, 2018 at 12:03 PM Post #8,400 of 10,535
Sorry, this doesn't make sense to me. It's probably english isn't your language, but I'm not sure what you are trying to say.
3.5mm that connected to PC making lots of scratching noises when I move (the plug moves)

headphone cable? Interconnect cable? Power cable?
headphones

Additional question:
what do you think about using laces to cover the headphone cable.
this what I done
the quality is awful but its more easy to use.
DzmJGwt.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back