DIY Cable Gallery!!
May 1, 2012 at 4:07 PM Post #9,256 of 16,305
Nice job, and I have to agree, their strain relief is superbly implemented, especially on those XLRs.
Quote:

Standard 3-pin XLR balanced interconnects with Mogami star quad and Neutrik connectors.

Neutrik's cable strain relief is a thing of beauty.

Lovely job luke, you've done a great job with the metal casings on the connectors and the amber looks great in contrast to the silver braiding.

Quote:

May 1, 2012 at 6:01 PM Post #9,257 of 16,305
a larger dia. cable will not hurt your equipment, it will only make the signal stronger and cleaner. length will take away from quality so you want em the length you need them to be and no longer than that.(shorter the better) My home stereo is fairly powerful and my speakers(B&W801) are bi-wired so there are 2 speaker cables(Kimber) to each speaker, and each cable is 28mm thick. So there are 2 28mm thick cables to each speaker. thats pretty big. they are absolutley awesome though. The price is a different story(guilt)

May 2, 2012 at 4:12 PM Post #9,260 of 16,305
Gonna do a recable for my Beyers....Mogami vs Canare vs save up a bit for Toxic

Also the Mini starquad or regular? 

Cheers DIY´ers 
biggrin.gif

May 2, 2012 at 5:08 PM Post #9,261 of 16,305
If you need (or would prefer) more flexibility save for the Toxic, it's silky soft!

Quote:

Cheers DIY´ers 
biggrin.gif

May 2, 2012 at 8:45 PM Post #9,262 of 16,305
If you need (or would prefer) more flexibility save for the Toxic, it's silky soft!

Quote:

Cheers DIY´ers 
biggrin.gif

Nah don't care how flexible it is just SQ, is there a big difference between the 2?

Thanks for your help!

May 2, 2012 at 9:32 PM Post #9,263 of 16,305
Quote:

Cheers DIY´ers 
biggrin.gif

Mini starquad.  I love my blue 4E5C from markertek. not too heavy, not too bad on microphonics (unless you strip the outer jacket off).  I did my HD650s and DT770's with it and worked out really well.

May 2, 2012 at 11:55 PM Post #9,264 of 16,305
May 3, 2012 at 12:20 AM Post #9,265 of 16,305
Quote:

I dunno... I used Mogami 2534 (DIY), Furutech and Toxic Wires on my TF10 and I can hear differences between all of the wires.  In preference from Best to worst...
1. Toxic Wires
2. Furutech
3. Stock
4. Mogami 2534.

Now this is with the TF10, as I've used the Mogami 2534 for most my other projects and it's sounded fine.  To me, cables are cables are cables doesn't always fly.  It's tap water vs Poland Spring water.  They're all wet and quench your thirst, but it's what Poland Spring has taken out of the water that makes it taste better... hence lots of people buy filters for their tap water (I do.. I don't like my tap water... others seem to be ok).

So, I'm not a HARDCORE believe in cables, but I have heard a difference.... or have convinced myself that I have (and I've had other people listen to the cables... and I don't tell them brands or cost... and they seem to pick similarly for the most part).

I think the best part of cables, is the DIY part and making it much more compliant and looking better than factory (guess I like dressed up cables).

May 3, 2012 at 4:54 AM Post #9,269 of 16,305
Quote:

Lovely job luke, you've done a great job with the metal casings on the connectors and the amber looks great in contrast to the silver braiding.

Thanks dude. Im listening right now, and the cable has really transformed the TF10's into something great! No more recessed mids. They are a different beast now.

May 3, 2012 at 2:53 PM Post #9,270 of 16,305
Quote:
I dunno... I used Mogami 2534 (DIY), Furutech and Toxic Wires on my TF10 and I can hear differences between all of the wires.  In preference from Best to worst...
1. Toxic Wires
2. Furutech
3. Stock
4. Mogami 2534.

Now this is with the TF10, as I've used the Mogami 2534 for most my other projects and it's sounded fine.  To me, cables are cables are cables doesn't always fly.  It's tap water vs Poland Spring water.  They're all wet and quench your thirst, but it's what Poland Spring has taken out of the water that makes it taste better... hence lots of people buy filters for their tap water (I do.. I don't like my tap water... others seem to be ok).

So, I'm not a HARDCORE believe in cables, but I have heard a difference.... or have convinced myself that I have (and I've had other people listen to the cables... and I don't tell them brands or cost... and they seem to pick similarly for the most part).

I think the best part of cables, is the DIY part and making it much more compliant and looking better than factory (guess I like dressed up cables).

Lublin has a really good tap water.
k701smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back