DIY Cable Gallery!!
Apr 27, 2012 at 11:05 PM Post #9,227 of 16,305
I really would like to see these pins Kabelmeister!  Let's see them!  I'm very interested!  Any links?

Also, the LOD that I turned into the "Copperhead" LOD had an issue with it (garbage LOD!)  The pins lifted from the PCB... so I lose sound if you move it too much.  Anyone have an idea for another type of LOD?  I don't want to rip apart my Fiio LOD (as I know it will be of better quality than the one I did tear apart and use).  Looking for suggestions.

Apr 27, 2012 at 11:10 PM Post #9,228 of 16,305

Quote:
I really would like to see these pins Kabelmeister!  Let's see them!  I'm very interested!  Any links?

Post 281,

http://www.head-fi.org/t/601003/uk-2012-head-fi-meet-september-15th-cambridgeshire/270

The bodies are from the Switchcraft Shielded Tini-QG (Mini XLR) and the Valab (3 Pin XLR) as these are too expensive to produce in small quantities, the internals are my own.

Unfortunately the plugs are not for sale to the DIY community at present but i will offer them soon. 
You can also get XLR plugs with silver pins here,

http://www.bocchtech.com/bocchinoaudio/baxlr_prices.htm

Apr 28, 2012 at 3:40 AM Post #9,230 of 16,305
 Will do.
Quote:
Thanks Luke, drop me an email once you have had a good listen, i am looking forward to reading your thoughts.

Thank you. The pins are pretty good quality, and a reasonable price. Shipping takes a while as its from Lunashops, but it is free so cant complain too much.  

Quote:
Great looking cable Cogs! What's this about machined pins? I need to look at that! So yes, tell me what you think of the cable. That's my next setup.
biggrin.gif

The metal sheath is ok - feels good quality, not too thin or too thick. You will probably need to use glue on it. They are push fit and will stay in place untill you pull on the connector to remove the cable from the socket.

Quote:
I ordered a pair of these UE pin connectors from Lunashops. How is the metal sheath like? How do you prevent it from sliding down? Is there a catch somewhere that you clip it onto or do you need to hot glue it down?

Apr 29, 2012 at 7:01 PM Post #9,235 of 16,305
I don't know if this the right thread but I need a bit help making sure I'm making a LOD correctly. Sorry I'm new to modding.So my plan was to make a LOD with audio out and mini-usb port for charging/data for my Diymod. Caps are internal so not needed in the LOD.

My question is for the USB part, pinout.ru stated that 23 (data -) must connect to VCC with a 10k resistor and 25(data +) must be connected to ground.
I didn't have any resistors so i opened up a laser mouse that I threw out a long time ago and that there were smt 10k resistors on its board [103]. So I connected 23 and 25 with one of the 103 resistors, and 27 with 15 with a 103 resistor. (Since I could only use the 103 resistor, I reinserted pin 29 but cut in half [so that it doesnt come out at the front]). 

I am going to attach 23, 25,, 27, and *16 with its corresponding pin on a mini usb female connector. Here is a picture below. Is this correct?

Apr 29, 2012 at 11:44 PM Post #9,236 of 16,305
Hey guys I know theres a thread for help with this stuff, but it was locked when i found it, so ill try here. I have a 3.5m to 3.5m cable that I use often in my bathroom to plug in to my radio from my phone for music during the shower. Due to high humidity and being a somewhat cheap/old cable its gotten gunk/residue on the connectors and become very staticy and etc. Id like to rather than replace it all, maybe fix it and add new tips. Wheres a good place to do so, for relative cheapness, and how do i solder it exactly? I know find ground to ground, live to live and etc but ive never seen the inside of a connector so idk. 

Thanks for any and all info. DD

Apr 30, 2012 at 12:26 AM Post #9,237 of 16,305
On the inside of a 3.5mm trs, there will be 3 solder points. One connected to the tip, one the ring, and one the sleeve. These always correlate to tip=left channel, ring = right channel, sleeve = ground. All this will usually have some sort of strain relief around it (either a metal crimp or plastic sleeve), then the barrel of the connector gets screwed on. 

I order most of my parts for cables and connectors from markertek. 

Apr 30, 2012 at 12:47 AM Post #9,238 of 16,305
Quote:
Hey guys I know theres a thread for help with this stuff, but it was locked when i found it, so ill try here. I have a 3.5m to 3.5m cable that I use often in my bathroom to plug in to my radio from my phone for music during the shower. Due to high humidity and being a somewhat cheap/old cable its gotten gunk/residue on the connectors and become very staticy and etc. Id like to rather than replace it all, maybe fix it and add new tips. Wheres a good place to do so, for relative cheapness, and how do i solder it exactly? I know find ground to ground, live to live and etc but ive never seen the inside of a connector so idk. 

Thanks for any and all info. DD

Here's the plug.
DIY cable how-to thread.

Apr 30, 2012 at 3:34 AM Post #9,239 of 16,305

Mini TRS to mini TRS cable braided with Navships wire. (For wiring a remote pot to my upcoming Volumite controller that I'll be installing in my Buffalo II.)

Balanced headphone cable: 4-pin XLR to mini TRRS with Mogami star quad. (The TRRS goes into my modified Fostex T50RP.)

Standard 3-pin XLR balanced interconnects with Mogami star quad and Neutrik connectors.

Neutrik's cable strain relief is a thing of beauty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back