DIY Cable Gallery!!
Dec 20, 2011 at 9:36 PM Post #8,101 of 16,312
Went to buy some mini xlr plugs at the local hifi/mic store earlier and i showed them the picture on this thread and they actually had 4 of the female and one male left and they are actually gold plated also.
He said he will order few more in for me next week, i really like these ones.

Taken with my iPhone 4s

Dec 20, 2011 at 10:01 PM Post #8,102 of 16,312
Went to buy some mini xlr plugs at the local hifi/mic store earlier and i showed them the picture on this thread and they actually had 4 of the female and one male left and they are actually gold plated also.
He said he will order few more in for me next week, i really like these ones.

Taken with my iPhone 4s

Very nice, if i had a local supplier for Mini-XLR i would jump into this cable making club, its just to much to order a bunch of different things from random websites and people.

Dec 20, 2011 at 11:32 PM Post #8,107 of 16,312
Thanks, i have one of those gas ones which you refill and can chage tips on, never soldered before though.

Should be very simple, just wrap the wire around the pin and solder a glob onto the wire wrapped pin, make sure to get the pin and wire hot and the solder should just go to it, solder has some weird properties that you will learn after your first few times. it looks like you didn't get wire or the other end(unless the mini xlr will be on both sides) so you can just cut the end off another connector, pull back the insulation and use that.

Dec 21, 2011 at 12:14 AM Post #8,108 of 16,312

Quote:
Should be very simple, just wrap the wire around the pin and solder a glob onto the wire wrapped pin, make sure to get the pin and wire hot and the solder should just go to it, solder has some weird properties that you will learn after your first few times. it looks like you didn't get wire or the other end(unless the mini xlr will be on both sides) so you can just cut the end off another connector, pull back the insulation and use that.

Thanks for the advice, i bought some of that SPC wire from the ebay guy and some Viablue 1/4" jacks from Qables so will give my first cable a go in a couple of days and see how it turns out, i will use the cheaper rean mini xlr i paid £1.70 for first so i dont waste too much money if it goes wrong.
Thanks again.

Dec 21, 2011 at 12:14 AM Post #8,109 of 16,312

Quote:

Thanks for the advice, i bought some of that SPC wire from the ebay guy and some Viablue 1/4" jacks from Qables so will give my first cable a go in a couple of days and see how it turns out, i will use the cheaper rean mini xlr i paid £1.70 for first so i dont waste too much money if it goes wrong.
Thanks again.

Dec 21, 2011 at 2:49 PM Post #8,110 of 16,312

DHC Necleotide Low profile LOD with moulded epoxy putty body.

Jena Labs 22 awg Low profile with micro USB charge socket incorporated.

Dec 21, 2011 at 3:45 PM Post #8,113 of 16,312
I got mine from Amazon, branded by NuForce. I think a 4 pack ran about $5.

ALO has their own: http://aloaudio.com/alo-audio-silicone-amp-straps-black-with-logo.html

Dec 21, 2011 at 4:10 PM Post #8,114 of 16,312
@cogsand, you should of asked you carbon fiber connectors! That would of looked a bit better
beerchug.gif

Dec 21, 2011 at 4:52 PM Post #8,115 of 16,312

Quote:
O

DHC Necleotide Low profile LOD with moulded epoxy putty body.

Jena Labs 22 awg Low profile with micro USB charge socket incorporated.

Very nice indeed. Would love to know how to build the moulded epoxy putty bodies. Any links on how to?

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back