DIY Cable Gallery!!
Mar 19, 2011 at 7:01 PM Post #6,466 of 16,312

Quote:
Quote:
Is this question for me?

You were not the person suggesting using 3 wires per earcup so the question could not have been for you. So No.

was it for me? 
eek.gif

Mar 20, 2011 at 6:02 PM Post #6,472 of 16,312
Here is a headphone cable that I made.  It is Canare starquad in nylon terminated to 1/4" neutrik.  Any ideas on how to cut down on microphonics?  The leads going into the headphones are quite sensitive.  

Mar 22, 2011 at 10:39 AM Post #6,475 of 16,312
Great looking cable, too bad it doesn't comply with any USB standards; glad it works though. :)  Just don't turn on USB High-Speed.

Quote:
I had some left over ALO SXC wire and was bored, so I decided to make this USB cable to connect it to my DAC and my predator amp/DAC. I must say, I heard no sound improvement over the stock USB cable, but at least it looks sick and I made it!

Mar 23, 2011 at 2:50 PM Post #6,477 of 16,312

Quote:

I had some left over ALO SXC wire and was bored, so I decided to make this USB cable to connect it to my DAC and my predator amp/DAC. I must say, I heard no sound improvement over the stock USB cable, but at least it looks sick and I made it!

"I must say, I heard no sound improvement over the stock USB cable, but at least it looks sick and I made it!"
RESPECT! I think there are not so many of us who could admit this after making a cable! Any way it look's very nice! I think I will olso make one:D

Mar 24, 2011 at 12:44 AM Post #6,480 of 16,312
While cannabalizing an older Monster subwoofer cable I was pleasantly surprised at what I found. The outside was rubbery, then there was a little firmer plastic-like covering, then what appeared to be copper woven sheathing, then a foil looking layer and then the insulation on the wires. I'm going to make some interconnects out of it and at 25 feet long I should be able to get at least 6-7 pairs. Woot!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back