DIY Cable Gallery!!
Aug 4, 2007 at 10:28 AM Post #2,581 of 16,305
My first ever recable! (not a true recable though, couldn't get the drivers open, so oem wire is used to distribute from central terminals)

PICT1020.jpg

Neutrik mini plug and purple nylon monofilament (came with psu sleeving kit). This is just practice lol.

Aug 6, 2007 at 1:04 AM Post #2,583 of 16,305
Just made my first ever mini-mini using 26awg SPC and 3.5mm neutrik plugs braided in 2 3 strand litz pairs.Sounds bad though, it brightens the whole image but at the same time has less air ,smoothenes and overal balance than my previous interconnect.I'm a little disapointed.I may post some pics later because it's a hassle for me;]

My next project is recabling my hd580's with mogami 2534 but I can't find anywhere a nylon multifilament ,I know take five audio has it but i don't want to wait 2 weeks for delivery.Here's my question , maybe some of you have some left that can sell to me
580smile.gif
I need 1/4" one about 8 feet.i can also trade for some carbon 3/8" techflex.

Aug 6, 2007 at 2:31 AM Post #2,584 of 16,305
Quote:

Originally Posted by mnamo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just made my first ever mini-mini using 26awg SPC and 3.5mm neutrik plugs braided in 2 3 strand litz pairs.Sounds bad though, it brightens the whole image but at the same time has less air ,smoothenes and overal balance than my previous interconnect.I'm a little disapointed.I may post some pics later because it's a hassle for me;]

My next project is recabling my hd580's with mogami 2534 but I can't find anywhere a nylon multifilament ,I know take five audio has it but i don't want to wait 2 weeks for delivery.Here's my question , maybe some of you have some left that can sell to me
580smile.gif

Please post some photos. we'd love to see them! This is the Cable Gallery after all
biggrin.gif

Take Five Audio's shipping estimates are very conservative, I got my order with the least expensive shipping in about 3-4 days.

Aug 6, 2007 at 3:15 AM Post #2,585 of 16,305
Quote:

Originally Posted by mnamo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

580smile.gif

www.wirecare.com

They have multifilament, and they are quick on shipping.

Aug 8, 2007 at 11:00 PM Post #2,587 of 16,305
Aug 10, 2007 at 8:21 PM Post #2,589 of 16,305
Aug 11, 2007 at 9:32 AM Post #2,591 of 16,305
Just some cheapo plugs + IC cable from my local electronics shop (Jaycar).

The breakout box is so i don't have to keep switching the cables between my speakers + headphones to my soundcard. When the headphones are plugged in the speakers are automatically disconnected
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 13, 2007 at 9:11 PM Post #2,594 of 16,305
Pardon my asking and possible stupidity but why do you have so many connectors... or more likely what do you use that cable for

Users who are viewing this thread

Back