DIY Cable Gallery!!
Jul 21, 2007 at 8:41 AM Post #2,566 of 16,305
What are the gauges of the two different wires? It looks like the HGA wire is thicker.

Quote:

Originally Posted by koike /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The HGA 4N silver after burn was very neutral and transparent with a wide soundstage. Smooth highs, a little recessed mids [probably due to my Super.fi 5EBs] and very good lean bass.

The Germany silver/gold is similar to the HGA silver but it is coloured. Main differences were that the overall sound is richer. The highs were about the same, the mids were more forward then the HGA 4N and currently the bass extends a little deeper too. Whats most impressive is the AWESOME sound stage.

Its a good buy even though it was expensive.
I <3 DIY
basshead.gif

Jul 25, 2007 at 10:20 AM Post #2,569 of 16,305
i did a Franken PhilKoss mod recently and also recabled them with Canare L-4E6S and Canare F12 covered in black sleeves.

13pr8.jpg

13aqr9.jpg

13bav1.jpg

13dli9.jpg

20sf8.jpg

21hd2.jpg

22za4.jpg

23hf9.jpg

24ia7.jpg

Jul 31, 2007 at 12:13 AM Post #2,577 of 16,305
Fabulous! Where did you get that y-split? It looks great.

Jul 31, 2007 at 12:20 AM Post #2,578 of 16,305
Quote:

Originally Posted by SysteX /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Look like the canare barell with half heatshrink half nude hehe.
This realy look clean, great recable!

Aug 2, 2007 at 3:19 AM Post #2,580 of 16,305
Quote:

Originally Posted by SysteX /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by luidge /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Look like the canare barell with half heatshrink half nude hehe.
This realy look clean, great recable!

Yep... it's an extra shell I had lying around. They work great. Normally I would do it completly in heatshrink, but I honestly did not have enough on me to cover it all, and as opposed to making the person I did the cable for sit around for a week while I waited for more to arrive, I just did half of it, to keep the two wires that split in order, and close up that opening. As it were, I think the half an half thing looks very nice. It matches the plug.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back