DIY Cable Gallery!!
Dec 8, 2015 at 9:52 PM Post #14,749 of 16,305
I know it's not pretty but I reterminated my bluejeans cables with dyson audio beryllium copper 45% iacs soldered banana plugs.  I got tired of having to retighten the compression type blue jeans connectors.  Could be imagination but bass seems stronger :)

Dec 9, 2015 at 5:14 PM Post #14,750 of 16,305
I ended up making a similar cable again using CIEM connectors instead of MMCX. It looks almost identical, but it has much better craftsmanship and internal wire.

Oyaide 3.5mm Rhodium -> BTG Audio silver plated copper + 95 paracord -> Eidolic CIEM connectors

The BTG wire is amazing. Extremely soft and pliable, yet tightly packed with fine strands. Even though it costs around 3x more per foot than cheap teflon-coated SPC wire from ebay, it is definitely worth its price.

Dec 14, 2015 at 3:26 AM Post #14,752 of 16,305
Out of curiosity, does anyone make a 1/4" TRS plug that's essentially the same as the 3.5mm 35HDBAU from Switchcraft?

The closest thing I could find was the Rean, and those always felt really cheap to me compared to Switchcraft or actual Neutrik stuff.

Dec 30, 2015 at 4:39 AM Post #14,759 of 16,305
  I dont think this has been done before but i wonder how sound quality would sound if we made speaker cables out of car battery cable 8- 4/0 gauge the crimping tools are only 30$ on amazon and the lugs are pure copper tinned or bare and you can also use welding cable with the same gauge as long as either cable is pure copper the way you would terminate the lugs is you would get an 5/16" or 1/4" copper lug and either unscrew the terminal all the way and then put the cap back on or cut into the top of the lug so you can slide the connector in underneath the binding post i have never seen this done before and a according to audioholics resistance is the most important factor to eliminate when building an audiophile speaker cable here are some pictures of the cables and lugs

i found these off google images

i am also very interested in this idea.
my new house is coming and i'm intending use these type of high gauge cables for speaker cable.
if you have tried it please let me know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back