DIY Cable Gallery!!
Mar 10, 2014 at 5:47 PM Post #13,336 of 16,305

My first recable! Bought a pair of SR60i's to mod. I used 26 AWG silver wire from navships on ebay, 1/4 Neutrik plug, navy 550 paracord and I 3D printed the Y split cover to match my 3D printed cups.
What's the HPs on the Omega stand? Looks like a pair of beyer w/o the external cup? Or did you install some grados on a Beyer assembly?

Mar 10, 2014 at 5:52 PM Post #13,337 of 16,305
What's the HPs on the Omega stand? Looks like a pair of beyer w/o the external cup? Or did you install some grados on a Beyer assembly?

Pretty sure those are RS-1is with Headphile C Pads (Beyer pad mod for Grados)

Mar 10, 2014 at 6:24 PM Post #13,338 of 16,305

Pretty sure those are RS-1is with Headphile C Pads (Beyer pad mod for Grados)

Yep, RS2i's with Headphile pads. I then 3D printed some parts that attach the Grado cups to the Beyer headband.

Mar 10, 2014 at 8:21 PM Post #13,340 of 16,305
RS2is, I was close 
biggrin.gif

Mar 12, 2014 at 10:54 AM Post #13,342 of 16,305
Hi all,

Sorry if I am hi-jacking the thread. But I am looking for a budget LOD cable. The shorter the better.

Please pm if you are selling one.

Thanks.

Not sure if this will fit your budget but I have ALO LOD, triple pipe, retail price is $195, I can sell it for $150 USD shipped,

http://www.aloaudio.com/triple-pipe-line-out-dock

Mar 12, 2014 at 11:09 AM Post #13,343 of 16,305
  Hi all,

Sorry if I am hi-jacking the thread. But I am looking for a budget LOD cable. The shorter the better.
Please pm if you are selling one.

Thanks.

C'mon, you know better.  Please take this to PM or post an ad to the FS/FT forum.

Mar 12, 2014 at 11:39 AM Post #13,344 of 16,305
And a picture: 

As much as I liked the stock feel of the Oyaide cable I had used, it bored me.  Paracord to the rescue!  Much more interesting, especially since it isn't plain round.  Also switched to the new Doublehelixcables mini, probably the best I have used.

Mar 14, 2014 at 5:27 PM Post #13,345 of 16,305
Canare l-4e6s, purple type III paracord with reflective tracer, and Rean connectors. This is for my LCD-2.....I did not like the flat cord. This feels much more comfortable. :)

Mar 14, 2014 at 5:33 PM Post #13,346 of 16,305
I just got my HE-6 and found the stock cable is very badly made.
The cable short themselves inside the connector while I move my head.
Maybe it is the design of the hifiman connector caused it, but I am making a new cable for myself.

I spend 1 hour and made a new cable for it which is better, but still have the same problem time to time.
So I think I need to fix the wires inside the connector permanently. I saw many of my aftermarket cable has those clear plastic glue that shield the connector.
Do you guys know where can I get those? I suspect it is not from a glue gun. Last time I tired my glue guns, it is very hard to maintain the physical shape while it is drying.

Thanks

Mar 15, 2014 at 10:46 AM Post #13,348 of 16,305
  If you've made a new cable and still have the same issue, it might be the connector inside the headphone. What about opening them up and making sure the contacts are good inside.

The first thing I do is actually for the headphone's internal connections. It seems to be fine. Also the connection is able to send stable 500mV 1K Hz to the driver once it is secure.
I think the design of the headphone jack is not very good. The clearance between positive and negative is too little to fit my 24AWG wires. I need to fix then inside physically to prevent the cable accidentally touching each while twisting.

I never have any problem with my HD800 connectors which has much smaller design.

Mar 15, 2014 at 12:01 PM Post #13,349 of 16,305
The first thing I do is actually for the headphone's internal connections. It seems to be fine. Also the connection is able to send stable 500mV 1K Hz to the driver once it is secure.
I think the design of the headphone jack is not very good. The clearance between positive and negative is too little to fit my 24AWG wires. I need to fix then inside physically to prevent the cable accidentally touching each while twisting.

I never have any problem with my HD800 connectors which has much smaller design.

It would be great if we could move this to the questions and comments thread instead of the gallery.

I agree the Hifiman connectors stink. I can post in a separate thread some pictures of how I hardwired a cable to the HE6 which could also be applied to putting a different jack in.

Mar 15, 2014 at 12:10 PM Post #13,350 of 16,305
Canare l-4e6s, purple type III paracord with reflective tracer, and Rean connectors. This is for my LCD-2.....I did not like the flat cord. This feels much more comfortable.
smily_headphones1.gif

Do you know why round braid is better than flat ?
I was going to get an 8-strand made soon and had thought flat would have been best (comfort) for some reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back