DIY Cable Gallery!!
May 11, 2009 at 5:50 AM Post #4,261 of 16,305
Quote:

Originally Posted by SpudHarris /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This was an experiment to see if I could rid my D7K's of treble glare. Was using a SPOFC custom cable from Milian Acoustics. This one is made with Mogami Neglex and Switchcraft's...........

I knocked it up yesterday afternoon & it resulted in a very long glare free listening session last night/this morning
biggrin.gif

P1000955.jpg

P1000958.jpg

^^^ Nice job, good looking cable!

darthsmile.gif

May 13, 2009 at 12:13 AM Post #4,263 of 16,305
Woot woot for my first DIY cable.
Here's an adapter that I recently made.
I've made a few other cables but don't have pictures yet.

Materials:
Locking 1/4" Female
Canare Starquad (~6")
Canare F-12 1/8" Male
Cardas Eutectic Solder
Carbon Techflex
Heatshrink

May 13, 2009 at 7:07 AM Post #4,265 of 16,305
For the HD650 signature you probably should go with something to add a little brightness SPOFC maybe? Over here I use Van Damme SPOFC when I need a little silver in the equasion, if not then Canare or Mogami Neglex (Starquad or Mini Starquad)

May 13, 2009 at 8:01 AM Post #4,266 of 16,305
Hm arent the cables you suggested quite thick? I would need 1 cable for each channel hm.. do you know a thread here in which someone showed how he built his cable?

Do you have to split up a cable or buy two or whatever?!

(not only the result... xD)

May 13, 2009 at 8:37 AM Post #4,269 of 16,305
Well ok, so the ground and + can be parallel..

I searched for the Van Damme SPOFC cable but I can only find 6mm think ones, are there also thinner ones?

if the silver cables rly influence the sound I would like a bit more brightness. thats why the van damme is interesting for me..
smily_headphones1.gif

edit:
i just saw the the mini star quad is 11,43 mm thick..
frown.gif

May 13, 2009 at 9:12 AM Post #4,270 of 16,305
With the Van Damme stuff you can take of the outer sheath and then cover in either Nylon Multifillament as above or a suitable Tekflex that woud make it thinner. Be aware though Tekflex will create microphonics especially above the 'Y'. It's never simple is it??

Have you considered getting one made for you or are you into the DIY rewards?

May 13, 2009 at 11:30 AM Post #4,272 of 16,305
Quote:

Originally Posted by xTr3Me.aka.Chris /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hm arent the cables you suggested quite thick? I would need 1 cable for each channel hm.. do you know a thread here in which someone showed how he built his cable?

Do you have to split up a cable or buy two or whatever?!

(not only the result... xD)

Maybe here?

May 13, 2009 at 1:12 PM Post #4,275 of 16,305
It's a personal choice really. I prefer the Nylon Multifilament because it has a softer feel it looks more professional (IMHO) and it doesn't stiffen the cable like Tekflx does. Oh and there's the microphonics issue.

Some people like the look of Tekflex being slightly open so you can see the contrasting colour of the cable beneath which to be truthful is quite nice.

For god sakes why don't I get off the fence!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back