DIY Cable Gallery!!
Feb 6, 2007 at 8:10 PM Post #2,041 of 16,309
I've been making cables for couple of years now, also for other people. This is my latest creation:

Bijou.jpg

Feb 7, 2007 at 6:04 AM Post #2,042 of 16,309
Nice cable Paavola, very clean.

___

Here's another of mine, this one's to hook up my 1212m to my IVR. It's about eight feet long with silver right angle 1/4" plugs and LOK Rhodium rcas. My iron is way too big for these tiny little LOKs. I think it's finally time to upgrade from this pos '80s one.
tongue.gif

Feb 7, 2007 at 3:08 PM Post #2,043 of 16,309
Beautiful work there Skyline. I really need to try some nylon multifilament...

Feb 7, 2007 at 9:27 PM Post #2,044 of 16,309
Hey skyline, you never replied to my PMs!

Feb 8, 2007 at 6:20 PM Post #2,045 of 16,309
Quote:

Originally Posted by laxx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Beautiful work there Skyline. I really need to try some nylon multifilament...

Thanks Laxx! I had a really hard time terminating the RCAs on these because the tip of my iron couldn't really fit into the space to solder the signal wire. I think I might have to stop being so cheap and pick up a Hakko.
tongue.gif

Feb 8, 2007 at 8:13 PM Post #2,046 of 16,309
Quote:

Originally Posted by SayNoToPistons /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey skyline, you never replied to my PMs!

Feb 17, 2007 at 3:53 PM Post #2,051 of 16,309
I know this isn't the for sale forum, but if anyone has a spare Neutrik gold plated mini or Canare F12 [the fat canare mini] or something similar [decent straight mini] that they can sell me I would greatly appreciate it. The right angle switchcraft connector that I had on my K81DJ's is faulty and there are no places in Canada that sell any mini plugs even half way decent. Thanks.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 17, 2007 at 7:06 PM Post #2,052 of 16,309
Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I know this isn't the for sale forum, but if anyone has a spare Neutrik gold plated mini or Canare F12 [the fat canare mini] or something similar [decent straight mini] that they can sell me I would greatly appreciate it. The right angle switchcraft connector that I had on my K81DJ's is faulty and there are no places in Canada that sell any mini plugs even half way decent. Thanks.
smily_headphones1.gif

takefiveaudio.com has the F12 mini, although they certainly aren't the cheapest place around.

Soloz2, very nice cables you got there. I'm assuming you got the silver from HGA? Those RCAs look like some of theirs.

The other day I traded my silver mini-mini with a friend for various goods, and part of the deal was a pair of Numark HF125 headphones. Needless to say, they sucked, and they had serious modding potential. A few hours of work later, they were recabled with Canare StarQuad and had newly added KSC75 drivres.

numark%20modded%20good.jpg

Feb 18, 2007 at 5:01 AM Post #2,053 of 16,309
Hey soloz, are those Canare cables (speaker cables)?

Feb 18, 2007 at 4:36 PM Post #2,054 of 16,309
Hi Madman, EFN. =P
i finally come over here.

Posting some cable i ever made.

Some of my plugs
DSCN0952.jpg

Canare Starquad Stereo Mini-Mini (Canare 4E6S + F12)
4.jpg

Some mini interconnect ( Built with Starquad and Generic plugs)
DSCN0971.jpg

Silver coated 30 AWG cable, braided and put inside heatshrink. sound is ok, but sort of Dry compare to canare starquad.
DSCN1032.jpg

EMU 0404 customize breakout (Metal D9 + EST Japan made 1/6" Female + Starquad)
DSCN1066.jpg

Right : RCA-RCA with starquad and F-10
Left : Canare Starquad Stereo Mini-Mini (Canare 4E6S + F12)
DSCN1065.jpg

RCA-RCA and RCA-1/6" phono (for EMU1212)
Left : F-10 (RCA) + Neutrik 1/6" (Phono) + Starquad
Right : RCA-RCA with starquad and F-10
DSCN1277.jpg

PX-75?? the blue and shimmer techflex make me scared to bring it out as everyone will staring at it.
Cable is Canare L-2B2AT which is dual core, and aluminum foil + Fire wire shielded.
DSCN1227.jpg

CAT-5 interconnect (as experiment, as according to van haus, it's best for speaker cable. but i just test it out, it;s a pain to fix it in to rean plug) sound is not as good as canare starquad. as i am not using Teflon coated CAT-5 , i infact using D-Link PVC insulated cat-5. hence it's just purely made for fun.
DSCN1289.jpg

Recabled British air-way headphone. my cousin who work in british air way found they throw this away as the cable is torned. Recabled with 4E6S too.
so he pick it up and gave to me. and i recabled it. impressive bass respond. better bass than SR60.
DSCN1894.jpg

DSCN1897.jpg

DSCN1901.jpg

MYbeloved humble setup =) Mini cable from creative zen micro to amp is starquad without shield, skin and yada yada. just bare.
while cable from amp to my headphone is canare starquad.
DSCN1922.jpg

Cmoy with Starquad as internal wiring. found that it does improve the sound stage..
DSCN2009.jpg

Silver coated copper mini stereo interconnect, extremely flexible. Has slightly less bass respond compare to 4E6S on my headphone (HP890)
DSCN1999.jpg

3.5mm female-female interconnect (use for extension, or to change the plugs of interconnect of some of my cable, especially for my headphone cable)
Cable : Starquad
Plugs : EST 3.5mm Female Made in japan, Fit in Taiwan made Metal plug Barrer.
DSCN1997.jpg

Stereo-RCA Starquad + REAN + F-10
DSCN2006.jpg

Experimental cable of mini-mini interconnect
Top-> Below = Canare 4E6S, Belden, 4E6S, silver coated cable, SATO Microphone cable, Maruni Microphone cable, braided (9 line) 30AWG silver plated cable with teflon insulation, 4E6S bare cable with techflex, Braided (3line) 30 AWG silver plated cable with teflon insulation.
DSCN2005.jpg

short mini-RCA , made with starquad
DSCN2018.jpg

Latest creation, Rca-Rca , starquad also. Added ferrite ring to try out the improvement. from what i heard, no significant different in the sound signature. might be placebo. but it does look good, hence i leave it there.
DSCN2045.jpg

DSCN2062.jpg

Latest Creation, 0.5M stereo-stereo for me to connect external soundcard to portable speaker or portable amp. Plugs = Neutrik + Taiwan metal barrer. techflex added
DSCN2475.jpg

DSCN2480.jpg

Salute to members like RnB180, Hemberger, HiGHFLYiN9 and Edwood
i had learn a lot from u guys. though i didn't register and post, but i actually followed this thread a long time, and in fact i read from page 1 to page 80 when i started to learn how to do cable. =)
thanks for the knowledge you spread around. very appriciate it.
280smile.gif

Feb 18, 2007 at 5:03 PM Post #2,055 of 16,309
Quote:

Originally Posted by SayNoToPistons /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey soloz, are those Canare cables (speaker cables)?

yep, and they sound better then the large gage ofc copper I was previously using. Larger soundstage and better lows, which is important when you have bookshelf speakers!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back