DITA - The Answer (Truth Edition).
Jan 10, 2016 at 6:58 AM Post #1,111 of 1,451
@shadow4 The thing is, I'm trying to find something that is at least have some similarities to my IE800 that has a balanced 2.5mm TRRS connection. I would like to recable my IE800 if possible but it would be quite tricky here and sending it overseas would cost me quite a lot so I might as well try to find something new. The DP-X1 got excellent EQing ready to be used if I am forced to do so.

Jan 10, 2016 at 7:02 AM Post #1,112 of 1,451
@shadow4
 The thing is, I'm trying to find something that is at least have some similarities to my IE800 that has a balanced 2.5mm TRRS connection. I would like to recable my IE800 if possible but it would be quite tricky here and sending it overseas would cost me quite a lot so I might as well try to find something new. The DP-X1 got excellent EQing ready to be used if I am forced to do so.

I've tried them paired up. You will like it no worries :wink:

Jan 10, 2016 at 7:18 AM Post #1,113 of 1,451
@WCDchee well that's a good news then, I was thinking of getting TG334 because of the balance capability and it is easier to get than DITA here but the sound signature is kinda, opposite of each other.

Jan 10, 2016 at 10:05 AM Post #1,114 of 1,451
They have opposite sound signature to my ears. Dita are more neutral/cold whereas IE800 are more emotional/musical. From memory, bass are about equal, Dita vocals a touch more forward and treble less sparkly/sharp, IE800 has better timbre, especially instruments and a touch wider soundstage. Neither is better than the other, just a matter of sound preference. I kept the IE800 myself.

I agree. It is a matter of sound preference. I' had the IE800 but sadly couldn't get it to seal or fit properly which I'm sure affected the SQ performance. I have had the Dita answers about 3-4 months now and I love them. Very good SQ without any listening fatigue and oh so comfortable.

Jan 10, 2016 at 10:58 AM Post #1,116 of 1,451
  @shadow4 The thing is, I'm trying to find something that is at least have some similarities to my IE800 that has a balanced 2.5mm TRRS connection. I would like to recable my IE800 if possible but it would be quite tricky here and sending it overseas would cost me quite a lot so I might as well try to find something new. The DP-X1 got excellent EQing ready to be used if I am forced to do so.

To be honest, I have also been trying to find something similar to my IE800 but with better cable(longer and non-microphonic) for quite some time now, but to no avail. If current reviews are to be believed, then maybe the Campfire Audio Lyra is what we are looking for. 

Jan 11, 2016 at 5:47 AM Post #1,117 of 1,451
@WCDchee I saw you on the Onkyo thread, please tell me the impression of it being paired with Dita truth balanced. Is there any other IEM that I should consider with similar design and has TRRS 2.5mm balanced? Gonna be spending quite $$$ so I think I should really weigh every options I can get. I'm especially curious how this will fair with Noble K10 too.

@shadow04 Interesting, I might also need to look into that.

Jan 22, 2016 at 8:25 AM Post #1,118 of 1,451
something new?
biggrin.gif

Jan 28, 2016 at 2:40 AM Post #1,120 of 1,451
  @pinoyman Have you ever compare it to IE800? I already asked my friend, he said it's brighter compared to IE800 but overall have similar sound signature because of the similarity in driver design. Considering the ones I want is the most expensive ones, I'd rather be careful with my "investment" lol.

IMO the IE800 is very overpriced for what it is. big sub bass, recessed mids, grainy treble. i dont hear massive amounts of detail people speak of.

Feb 10, 2016 at 3:07 AM Post #1,124 of 1,451

unbalanced

That's very misleading. When I read "unbalanced", and saw the 1st picture, I was trying to determine what you meant....7 guys and 3 girls?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back