DITA - The Answer (Truth Edition).
Oct 25, 2015 at 4:01 AM Post #1,097 of 1,451
So, they're going to use MMCX connectors on the earpieces ends, and another detachable plug on the other end for changing into either 3.5mm or 2.5mm balanced? I guess that's a good solution for people who don't want many cable.

I just need to know the price first...

Nov 25, 2015 at 6:45 AM Post #1,099 of 1,451
Has anyone tried the balanced with AK 240 or just any other balanced amp? Thinking of buying it.

Nov 26, 2015 at 3:39 PM Post #1,100 of 1,451
Okay, bar that - just any impressions or advixe? I've searched far and wide for the best, most exciting CIEM out there for me. Considered Laylas, IE800, Shure846, even the new KSE 1500... and I've decided on The Truth edition, balanced. 

Because I loved my Ie 800 dynamic sound, but hated the ergonomics. 

I'm only a bit worried about the treble on the truth. I hat sibilance and am quite sensitive to piercing treble.

(Planning to use these with an AK240)

Nov 26, 2015 at 5:34 PM Post #1,101 of 1,451
Okay, bar that - just any impressions or advixe? I've searched far and wide for the best, most exciting CIEM out there for me. Considered Laylas, IE800, Shure846, even the new KSE 1500... and I've decided on The Truth edition, balanced. 

Because I loved my Ie 800 dynamic sound, but hated the ergonomics. 

I'm only a bit worried about the treble on the truth. I hat sibilance and am quite sensitive to piercing treble.

(Planning to use these with an AK240)

I purchased the non truth edition as I also really dislike sibilance. I am extremely pleased with them and will be hanging on to them for the foreseeable future. IMHO I think they represent a safer choice and they are cheaper to boot. It might be worthwhile checking out Twisters review on here before you pull the trigger.
Good luck in whatever you decide to choose.

Dec 5, 2015 at 9:01 PM Post #1,103 of 1,451
the answer (non truth edition) is the cable as bouncy/springy/rubbery like the truth edition?

i like a more supple feel like the ie80s one for example anything thats not silicon-y/tacky to the touch.

Dec 6, 2015 at 6:12 AM Post #1,104 of 1,451
the answer (non truth edition) is the cable as bouncy/springy/rubbery like the truth edition?

i like a more supple feel like the ie80s one for example anything thats not silicon-y/tacky to the touch.

The cable is supple and not tacky in any way. The overall fit and design is excellent. It's even possible to fall to sleep with them in as they don't stick out of your ear. These are the most comfortable iem's I have ever worn.

Dec 7, 2015 at 6:33 PM Post #1,105 of 1,451
The cable is supple and not tacky in any way. The overall fit and design is excellent. It's even possible to fall to sleep with them in as they don't stick out of your ear. These are the most comfortable iem's I have ever worn.

great news, one of my main deciding factors when choosing an iem is i can sleep with them in.

Jan 9, 2016 at 4:19 AM Post #1,106 of 1,451
Anyone tried the Truth balanced edition? I'm planning to go brickless with my balanced 2.5mm from the DP-X1 while upgrading from IE800 and from what I've read, this is quite similar to IE800, any opinions?

Jan 9, 2016 at 11:21 PM Post #1,107 of 1,451
  Anyone tried the Truth balanced edition? I'm planning to go brickless with my balanced 2.5mm from the DP-X1 while upgrading from IE800 and from what I've read, this is quite similar to IE800, any opinions?

well, dita truth is one of the finest iem out there, it screams top tier.
the sq is very good, imho.

the sound is very detailed, very good soundstage, ample bass, very revealing to the source no matter what dap or format you use.
the vocals is perfect, not too warm, thick or thin. the separation is on the level along with the top tiers. :)

i currently own: fibass, heaven 7, dita truth
previous iems: fx700, ue700, ortofon eq7, final audio heaven 6, pfx, rha750i.

if theres one iem who will always be my companion, thats the truth edition :)
also tried the dita answer edition. 
its nice, but the truth is better in every way. :wink:

Jan 9, 2016 at 11:49 PM Post #1,108 of 1,451
@pinoyman Have you ever compare it to IE800? I already asked my friend, he said it's brighter compared to IE800 but overall have similar sound signature because of the similarity in driver design. Considering the ones I want is the most expensive ones, I'd rather be careful with my "investment" lol.

Jan 10, 2016 at 12:19 AM Post #1,109 of 1,451
actually price would not warrant real measurement for defining sound quality (*_*),  and sadly, i havent heard the ie800.
my friend have his ie80 only (the updated ie8 version)

but to me, dita truth is one of the best. :wink:

Jan 10, 2016 at 4:23 AM Post #1,110 of 1,451
@pinoyman
 Have you ever compare it to IE800? I already asked my friend, he said it's brighter compared to IE800 but overall have similar sound signature because of the similarity in driver design. Considering the ones I want is the most expensive ones, I'd rather be careful with my "investment" lol.

They have opposite sound signature to my ears. Dita are more neutral/cold whereas IE800 are more emotional/musical. From memory, bass are about equal, Dita vocals a touch more forward and treble less sparkly/sharp, IE800 has better timbre, especially instruments and a touch wider soundstage. Neither is better than the other, just a matter of sound preference. I kept the IE800 myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back