DITA - The Answer (Truth Edition).
Mar 9, 2014 at 7:34 AM Post #61 of 1,451
I am certain, my next upgrade will be ciem and that is a long way away. I am quiet happy with dita for the music i listen to. They scale and shape to the devices it is connected to. It sounds like er4s with a much more impactful bass.

So it sounds a little like ER4S, that's quite rare for a dynamic based IEM.  

Hows the fit and isolation?

Mar 9, 2014 at 3:26 PM Post #64 of 1,451
Idk about you guys, I think The Truth shares a few traits ( eg analytical ) but sounds much much more aggressive and engaging than the rather lifeless er4s
Depending on the recording really . Dita can also sound harsh too which is fine as it is really reacting to the track quality.

Mar 9, 2014 at 7:42 PM Post #65 of 1,451
Mar 9, 2014 at 10:26 PM Post #66 of 1,451
I am using the tips which came with the ck100pro. I found them useless with ck100pro but perfect with dita! The significant improvement is on the lows and mids, high remain crisp/sibilant depending on the track.

if the truth was not so expensive i would have recommended to everyone at a heart beat but at 900 USD i cannot say i can aa people expectations increases exponentially and rightly so.

i know that it really costs them alot to develop and make this iem but it is a really tough market and price have the first say sadly for most folks.

as far as i am concerned they are the best i have for trio jazz, vocal chambers and cello solo. Piano sounds wide and sadly that applies for guitar which i feel sounds best when it is intimate

if i can par with mine i don't mind setting a local tour for a select few of our members.

Mar 10, 2014 at 4:33 AM Post #67 of 1,451
We really need a full scale review and comparison from you man.... right now my end-game is EX1000 that is after swapping gear left and right since 5 years ago. Not that i'm finding another end-game its just.... ahh i think it really is impossible LOL
I am using the tips which came with the ck100pro. I found them useless with ck100pro but perfect with dita! The significant improvement is on the lows and mids, high remain crisp/sibilant depending on the track.

if the truth was not so expensive i would have recommended to everyone at a heart beat but at 900 USD i cannot say i can aa people expectations increases exponentially and rightly so.

i know that it really costs them alot to develop and make this iem but it is a really tough market and price have the first say sadly for most folks.

as far as i am concerned they are the best i have for trio jazz, vocal chambers and cello solo. Piano sounds wide and sadly that applies for guitar which i feel sounds best when it is intimate

if i can par with mine i don't mind setting a local tour for a select few of our members.

Mar 10, 2014 at 5:10 AM Post #68 of 1,451
Ex1000 with treble eq down is pretty darn good. What dita offers is better bass but smaller more in ear sound compared to ex1000.

For the price you can get ex1000 now it is a bargain and it will remain a legend amongst er4s. But dita wins on isolation and that means it can give me the same great sound on a busy cafe, I have never taken the ex1000 out. Sadly my main issue with my ex1000 is treble and I am not good with eq so I only use it with certain albums .

Dita is is one tough iem, it can sound natural yet at times sound analytical. I simply can't pinpoint its sound as its sounds varies with the set up I have it plugged in.

Piano sounds better on dita than ex1000 and to me that is what makes dita better than ex1000. I've never had a gear that ca display piano as good as dita .

Mar 10, 2014 at 5:22 AM Post #69 of 1,451

All in good time mate, you just enjoy your Dita! then when you settle in maybe you can send them out. 
smile.gif

I think I know of one other member who has them in Australia currently. 

Mar 10, 2014 at 5:27 AM Post #70 of 1,451
Will do , perhaps maybe you can write the review they deserve. I've written 1000 words so far but everytime I change my source things sound a little different . Just the tip rolling took me a good two weeks!

Mar 10, 2014 at 6:12 AM Post #71 of 1,451
All in good time mate, you just enjoy your Dita! then when you settle in maybe you can send them out. :smile:

I think I know of one other member who has them in Australia currently. 
I've had the standard edition - 'the Fat Cable' one for a few weeks now[ not 'the Truth cable' one audionewbi has :) ]

some photos can be found here(not the best and some are a bit blurry and the clip is a bit dusty :)) :
Technically, it could have a separate Portable HP thread for 'The Fat cable edition' - re: cable difference being a different model. (better pics are here )

Personally, I think the 'fat cable edition' looks stunning. The 'Smokey Platinum' machined aluminium housing and the carbon fibre plug provide much eye candy, I'll admit to taking an extra few seconds with both, to look at the color changes, before putting them on.

I'll hopefully post a review and more impressions later. They're not dissimilar to audionewbi's ones.

Mar 13, 2014 at 6:20 AM Post #74 of 1,451
I have been testing dita with my half dead rocoo BA and I can say with great confidence it is the best dap for dita! In has enough power and silent background ! Very airy and textured bass. Midrange are clear and flat.

Mar 13, 2014 at 6:26 AM Post #75 of 1,451
I have been testing dita with my half dead rocoo BA and I can say with great confidence it is the best dap for dita! In has enough power and silent background ! Very airy and textured bass. Midrange are clear and flat.

You know Billy still has some Rocco BA in stock at Noisy Motel. I think they were reduced to about $200 last I checked, maybe cheaper. I love my Rocco,sounds to good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back