DITA - The Answer (Truth Edition).
Jun 26, 2014 at 9:02 AM Post #691 of 1,451
How many hours do you have on the ditas?

I find when i use my iphone 4 or touch5g only as source i need the open tips (at the. Expense of bass).the bass gets too cloudy otherwise with the reference or sony tips.

When i throw my Centrance hifi-m8 into the mix the sony tips and Dita tips are great.

Jun 26, 2014 at 1:22 PM Post #693 of 1,451
Hello Everyone.

Hi there,

Just above the splitter is a trapezoid shaped moulded piece of rubber/plastic.  It actually slides up and down the cables.  When fully returned to it's original position, it may be hard to notice that it actually serves any purpose.  For users that experience some difficulty keeping the cables behind the ear, they can slide this chin stop up a bit more and that should help keep the cables behind the ear.  Hope that helps.

D.

Thanks D. , tried that and will probably work as intended for many. Personally I prefer the hooks as they are more solid and pre-shaped but I guess none will fit due to the thickness of the cable. If there are that would fit, please let me know.

Jun 27, 2014 at 8:03 AM Post #694 of 1,451
Trying the ortofon tips today. I found the iphone4 still a bit muddy in bass and mids at times, with the touch 5g quite a good match.
Nice clarity.

Next: to try them with the hifi-m8.

Jun 27, 2014 at 8:07 AM Post #695 of 1,451
I went through all the tips I have available when I first got the Truth (& now settled with Answer)... including Ortofon, Sony Hybrid, etc etc. I find Dita's own L size single flange, medium opening as the best sounding. It works so well for my ears that I also find the same difference over all other tips when used on the Tenore. It really opens things up with the ZAs! 

Jun 28, 2014 at 11:08 AM Post #696 of 1,451
I've been spending quite a bit of time with the Dita Truth these past few days and quickly it's been my primary reference earphones to test other equipment such as DAC & Amps. With the Spinfit tips, these have been more comfortable in the ears and the trebles on the Ditas are extended, smooth and articulate. The bass is actually also very natural. I'm supposed to write a review of these and pass it on to the next Tokyo Head-Fier but I've been enjoying them the more than trying to listen to them critically.

Jun 28, 2014 at 1:30 PM Post #697 of 1,451
I've been spending quite a bit of time with the Dita Truth these past few days and quickly it's been my primary reference earphones to test other equipment such as DAC & Amps. With the Spinfit tips, these have been more comfortable in the ears and the trebles on the Ditas are extended, smooth and articulate. The bass is actually also very natural. I'm supposed to write a review of these and pass it on to the next Tokyo Head-Fier but I've been enjoying them the more than trying to listen to them critically.

For me DITA Truth Gold with world first. prototype TRRS plus is also as my reference too
I am agree with your impression Sean
I like from DITA Truth Gold :
High : has The clarity and extended high , smooth and like you said articulate
Mid : very sweet and very clean
Bass : very deep clean bass
So far my best universal iems with top notch clarity

Thank you Sean for your recommendation and input for me , before I bought this DITA Gold Truth :beerchug:

Jun 28, 2014 at 2:21 PM Post #698 of 1,451

That's always a great sign when you're needing to do a review, but can't be bothered to do the writing of it because you're just enjoying listening too much.

Jun 28, 2014 at 2:46 PM Post #699 of 1,451

With the Spinfit tips would you still consider the mids to be recessed compared to the bass and treble? Are these your favourite ear tips for the Dita Truth?

Jun 28, 2014 at 3:04 PM Post #700 of 1,451
Where does one order the Spinfit tips?

Jun 28, 2014 at 3:22 PM Post #701 of 1,451
This is the second time I've heard of these spinfit tips. Kinda curious myself

Jun 28, 2014 at 6:07 PM Post #702 of 1,451
I'm supposed to write a review of these and pass it on to the next Tokyo Head-Fier but I've been enjoying them the more than trying to listen to them critically.
thats the clincher for me too.
I find i dont need to go into critical listening mode with the DITAs because they just sound ......well right.

Put em in and forget em.

Jun 28, 2014 at 9:55 PM Post #703 of 1,451
thats the clincher for me too.
I find i dont need to go into critical listening mode with the DITAs because they just sound ......well right.

Put em in and forget em.

I am agree with your impression ExpatinJapan
I love clarity and detail
Before I bought my DITA Gold with prototype TRRS plug , I heard DITA truth black with SE plug .
After I heard the black DITA , the sound quality stay on my head , 3 days later I decided to buy DITA Gold :D

If you like the clarity and sound character from Stax Sr 007 mk 2 , you will like DITA Truth sound character .

DITA Truth sound so good for Vibraphone so real like I heard on life jazz

IMO

Jun 28, 2014 at 11:09 PM Post #704 of 1,451
I'm glad the DITAs are getting more recognition now!

Just FYI for others out there, the Answer (non-truth) is amazing as well and for some, including myself, sounds a touch better. :) If you're considering the DITAs at all, be sure to try both out!!

Jun 28, 2014 at 11:22 PM Post #705 of 1,451
I like the standard Answer a good deal better than the Truth as well. It has more midrange fullness and presence, which lends more of a lifelike feel to vocals. Truth is just too thin and withdrawn through the midrange/vocal area.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back