DITA - The Answer (Truth Edition).
Jun 29, 2014 at 1:41 PM Post #721 of 1,451
I find the Answer (with the higher hours tally than I thought!) to be quite smooth and less peaky than the Truth. It's really a mellow yet detailed, enjoyable listen. 

Ah, just saw your comment.
Definitely agree with you there. The more miles you put on the Answer, the more easy flowin' and engaging they get. Wondering if the truth wasn't in a good spot as I find them to settle out even smoother.

Jun 29, 2014 at 2:03 PM Post #722 of 1,451
Ah, just saw your comment.
Definitely agree with you there. The more miles you put on the Answer, the more easy flowin' and engaging they get. Wondering if the truth wasn't in a good spot as I find them to settle out even smoother.

I don't know, perhaps that's a possibility with the Truth... But to me, it sounded different enough that no amount of burn in would have changed the basic nature of its sound, to my ears anyway.... Once heard side by side with the Answer, it just didn't seem to have such mojo in the mids and vocals. And the cable of the Answer is just so much easier to wear and user friendly. I just like it better, plain and simple.

Jun 29, 2014 at 3:19 PM Post #723 of 1,451
If Dita ever releases a different model that is still neutralish but has smoother, less peaky treble, I'd certainly be interested. The current model treble was too peaky for me but as some know, I've become super critical of treble peaks.

foam tips did that for me. I have never really used foam tips with any iem so I was quite surprised.  I didnt like the silicon tips at all and was going to sell the Answer.  

Jul 2, 2014 at 12:25 PM Post #726 of 1,451
I th
I would think a set would be at any meets going on

You think so? I'm attending the LA meet in august but no one has listed it. I'm a little apprehensive about paying out 600 dollars on earphones I never heard (decide I want the answer over the truth for the midrange) especially since besides the LCD Xc I never listen to headgear that was north of the 300 mark (owned some shure 115, xba-3, pfe 122, and sound magic e30).

Jul 9, 2014 at 2:09 AM Post #728 of 1,451
Hi Everyone,  thought I'd share some pictures from the Ultimate Sound Fair in Beijing.  AK is on a roll to introduce their products to as many audiophiles as possible in the humongous Chinese market.  This show was organized and paid for by AK and exhibitors were selected and invited.  We are honoured to be in the presence of the giants of our little industry.

Jul 15, 2014 at 11:28 PM Post #729 of 1,451
Pipe dream: will dita ever consider making a BA iem, or even better a CIEM?

i hope their next product isn't too far away, cant wait to see how they are going to top their current flagship.

Jul 15, 2014 at 11:35 PM Post #730 of 1,451

i hope their next product isn't too far away, cant wait to see how they are going to top their current flagship.

There are two things i would like to see from them. A balanced model which is coming and an adjustment to the sound bore making it longer (and possibly changing the angle). I reckon this will help get a better seal for most folk. 

Jul 15, 2014 at 11:51 PM Post #731 of 1,451

There are two things i would like to see from them. A balanced model which is coming and an adjustment to the sound bore making it longer (and possibly changing the angle). I reckon this will help get a better seal for most folk. 

Indeed. The angle of the sound tube needs to be more acute, and if it was a bit longer, it might be perfect. Still, small concha ear people (females, mostly) will find the Dita painful to put in their ears, but the benefits of the Dita sound and good fit... excellent.

Jul 15, 2014 at 11:52 PM Post #732 of 1,451

I don't really want them to make a BA iem............From boutique manufacturers like Dita and Rhapsodio it's very clear that there're still a lot of potential to be explored in dynamic drivers design, it's just that developing a truly high-end dynamic driver design would be so costly that it's a route the conventional big-named manufacturers would not take.

One thing I'd like Dita to improve upon the Answer design is its looks: while its elegant and extremely well-made, it is way too low-profile, somewhat design-less in its pill shaped exterior. I dun want ultra-blingy fancy but at the same time I'd like people to know it is some great stuff I have in my ears.

Jul 16, 2014 at 12:46 AM Post #733 of 1,451
I honestly love the low profile, classy look. It seems so much more sleeker and sexier in my opinion. I agree in the hope that they don't venture into BAs or even hybrids. I hope they'd further explore the potential of dynamic drivers. Also, by not going the BA route, there'll be less criticism by those that would say "at this price there should be at least X number of armatures." At the most, I'd still enjoy seeing something like a dual dynamic like the stuff from Ocharaku. I still wonder why they discontinued the Kaede.

Jul 16, 2014 at 3:24 AM Post #734 of 1,451
The KAEDE was never discontinued, it was just an extremely limited item at 200 units. I too would like to see them utilize dynamics in some form, but honestly, I don't know what more they can eke out from a single dynamic. After hearing what a push/pull design offers, I'd be interested in what DITA could bring to the table with their own push/pull dynamic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back