Dita Audio Flagship - "The Dream"
Mar 26, 2018 at 3:42 AM Post #481 of 569
81EFB3AD-E92B-4B1E-84CB-491A04E261AD.jpeg
I can recommend the AK SP1000!
Change the ear-tips into JVC Spiral Dots or the Final Eartips

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2018 at 12:32 PM Post #482 of 569
Finally got to pick these up during my trip to Hong Kong! Between the Dream and the Vega, I "think" all of my needs have finally been met! Sadly, the Kaiser Encore will be headed to the auction block shortly!
I just notice your gems are all DD, how is your comparison of Dream vs. 7550?

Mar 28, 2018 at 1:47 AM Post #484 of 569
@SeeSax, why don't you mail Final direct about the Final Eartips..
They have starter packs with small, medium Large in there, just to try the fit.

I think they will send it to you!!
Try here, http://snext-final.com/en/contact/

Mar 28, 2018 at 3:09 AM Post #485 of 569
For those who are fans of the Dream, keep an eye out for Dita's Fidelity and Fealty earphones. I managed to try both of them out at Canjam Singapore together with my trust Dream (trivia: I'm the first buyer of the Dream worldwide lol. Rushed to buy it when Canjam Sg 2017 opened its doors last year). The Fealty in particular was enticing to me as I felt it was a great complement to the Dream. The Fealty is more musical like, while Fidelity is more reference and flatly tuned. The Dream is in between the two but closer to Fidelity. Between Dream and Fidelity, I definitively preferred the Dream.

Mar 28, 2018 at 5:29 AM Post #486 of 569
For those who are fans of the Dream, keep an eye out for Dita's Fidelity and Fealty earphones. I managed to try both of them out at Canjam Singapore together with my trust Dream (trivia: I'm the first buyer of the Dream worldwide lol. Rushed to buy it when Canjam Sg 2017 opened its doors last year). The Fealty in particular was enticing to me as I felt it was a great complement to the Dream. The Fealty is more musical like, while Fidelity is more reference and flatly tuned. The Dream is in between the two but closer to Fidelity. Between Dream and Fidelity, I definitively preferred the Dream.

Thanks for sharing. Tried Dream during an exhibition a year ago and they were fantastic. Definitely better than Answer. How would you compare the two new models (or Answer, Truth) with the dream? I own Answer and thinking about jumping to the dream, but curious how the new models would match up with the existing models. Seems like Fealty and Fidelity will be priced much lower.

Mar 28, 2018 at 5:47 AM Post #487 of 569
I have the Answer too. I compared the Answer and Truth side-by-side years ago when they both came out, but I much prefer the Answer. I can't give you an accurate answer because it has been a long while since I listened to my Answer (and even longer since I listened to the Truth) but I will rate from most musical to most neutral: Answer then Fealty then Dream then Fidelity.

You can't get the Dream anyway as it was a limited run of 500 units.

If I had only the Answer and you were to ask me to choose between getting the Fealty or Fidelity, I'll probably get the Fealty. It sounds closer to the Dream then it does to the Answer.

Price-point wise, they will be slightly cheaper than the Dream.

Mar 28, 2018 at 11:27 AM Post #488 of 569
I have the Answer too. I compared the Answer and Truth side-by-side years ago when they both came out, but I much prefer the Answer. I can't give you an accurate answer because it has been a long while since I listened to my Answer (and even longer since I listened to the Truth) but I will rate from most musical to most neutral: Answer then Fealty then Dream then Fidelity.

You can't get the Dream anyway as it was a limited run of 500 units.

If I had only the Answer and you were to ask me to choose between getting the Fealty or Fidelity, I'll probably get the Fealty. It sounds closer to the Dream then it does to the Answer.

Price-point wise, they will be slightly cheaper than the Dream.

Appreciate the comparisons. I was assuming Fealty/Fidelity to be much cheaper than Dream, as it seems to be made out of cheaper material and equipped with a lower grade cable -instead of the Truth cable.

Though would you consider there's a huge gap between Fidelity/Fealty and Dream? I have a colleague who has an unused Dream, so getting one won't be an issue for me.

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2018 at 12:44 PM Post #489 of 569
Glad to hear Dita is coming out with some IEMs that are not impossible to buy. I didn't realize how lucky I was to get a good deal on the Dream in the classifieds here. Now, I almost want to keep it just because they're impossible to find! I mean, I love the sound, but in all honesty it is not my favorite IEM. A more musical version of the Dream sounds like heaven, so I will eagerly wait to see the Fealty despite it's silly name :)

-Collin-

Apr 13, 2018 at 7:54 PM Post #490 of 569
What material is used for the diaphragm? This dynamic driver sounds much different than what I've heard of dynamic drivers in the past. It sounds quite responsive. This is unlike what I've heard before.

The last dynamic driver iem I liked was Sony EX-1000. Unfortunately, I don't have to compare, but I think the Sony would come off a bit peakier in treble with Dita hitting harder in bass and putting out mucho ambient bass. Dita bass is unusual that it's separated other frequencies with so much quantity(weirdly, this depends on tracks, but hits hard and large in quantity). Definitely warm, but not the kind that the articulation is drowned by the warmth. Bass sounds very interesting, nothing like I've heard before.

If you listen to hip-hop, this is it, the BASS. Piano notes sound thicker than the typical BA.

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2018 at 6:13 PM Post #492 of 569
Dita are Singaporean. I found an English example of the above exploded diagram about a year ago. The diaphragm is described as “super mylar” whatever that means. I would’ve otherwise assumed it was something like titanium coated

Jun 20, 2018 at 11:40 AM Post #494 of 569
The dream and the twins, it’s really Interesting!

I’ll be writing something up after a Long hiatus. Anyone interested shoot away and I’ll do what I can to answer them.

If you've tried out both, what are your thoughts about the Twins compared to the Dream? I was planning to get the Dream but now I'm stuck trying to figure out which one is better (or on the higher rank) in terms of performance.

Wasn't able to find any articles clarifying which one is the real "flagship". Thanks in advance!

Jun 20, 2018 at 11:53 AM Post #495 of 569
The Dream is an expensive piece, not the easiest to get too (though not as rare as the brass), but technically plays at the very top of the game.

The fidelity and fealty are priced much lower, at close to 40% cheaper if my numbers are right.

I think they give you a lot of what the Dream does for a significantly lower price. If you're expecting the last word in technicalities, they're behind the dream on that front, but are arguably better for most people. The dream, while extremely proficient technically, might not be the easiest or most versatile pair up, and is highly revealing of poor recordings.

If you want a little more of the Dream's reference flavour, the fidelity would be a great option. The Fealty takes things a little more to the warmer and more musical side.

While I love the Dream, I actually find myself reaching for the Fealty a lot as a daily driver simply by virtue of its incredibly musical, engaging tuning.

On the whole, Dita's IEMs have a tonally balanced and very accurate sound. The different IEMs are variations of this. They are all unmistakably Dita.

Now if you're worried that the Fealty or the Fidelity aren't resolving enough for you to be paying this price for, let me assure you that as someone who really has been using only flagship IEMs in the past few years, they have never once felt lacking to my ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back