Dita Audio Flagship - "The Dream"
Jun 20, 2018 at 11:08 PM Post #496 of 569
The Dream is an expensive piece, not the easiest to get too (though not as rare as the brass), but technically plays at the very top of the game. Now if you're worried that the Fealty or the Fidelity aren't resolving enough for you to be paying this price for, let me assure you that as someone who really has been using only flagship IEMs in the past few years, they have never once felt lacking to my ears.

Much appreciate for the detailed info! I prefer musical over analytical and it seems like Dream sits right between Fealty & Fidelity's sound signature.

I'm not much concerned about the price so I'm more shifted to the Dream but man, Fealty is tempting as well.

I guess I'll try the Dream (since it's pretty rare) first and might move on to Fealty later on. Thanks again for the help. :)

Jun 21, 2018 at 11:30 AM Post #500 of 569
Having tried the Dita Twins, I prefer the Fidelity over the Fealty. While my preference is with more neutral signatures, the Fealty seemed to have a warmer tilt. Fidelity on the other hand, was much cleaner in sound despite being v-shaped. In terms of technicalities I also think the Fidelity is nicer. Imaging seems more precise and overall it just sounds more "dynamic".

Subtonic Audio Cutting-edge artisanal in-ear monitors for discerning listeners. Proudly designed and manufactured in Singapore. Stay updated on Subtonic Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Subtonic.Audio https://www.instagram.com/subtonicaudio https://subtonic.audio support@subtonic.audio
Jul 1, 2018 at 9:39 AM Post #502 of 569

Attachments

• 5E84F9E6-872C-4F8C-A031-F9357C8B7E83.jpeg
    5E84F9E6-872C-4F8C-A031-F9357C8B7E83.jpeg
    812.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jul 11, 2018 at 11:45 AM Post #504 of 569
Jul 15, 2018 at 4:57 AM Post #506 of 569
Hello guys, I would like to share some of my frustrating experiences with Dita. As an ordinary customer, I strongly suggest you do not buy from Dita or at least do not buy until you read what happened to me. About three years ago I bought the dita truth edition balanced edition that cost around 1300 dollars(back then they did not have the awesome plug thing yet). In less than a month, the 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter stopped functioning. I thought it is probably just a faulty component, so I asked them to send me a new one and did not worry too much about it. The second one failed again six months later. I asked for another one. Then the third started to show the sign of loose connection several months later. By that time they already came out the awesome plug and priced it 200 dollars less than it used to be. I immediately realized that there must be some problems with the original design but the warranty had just passed so I could not do anything about it. So I bought a new adapter myself and tried to live with it. However, a couple of weeks ago, the Dita stopped functioning completely. This time it is nothing wrong with the adapter. It is the earphone itself! One side of my earphone has no sound at all. I have to send it Singapore for repair and pay the expensive shipping fee myself(another thing you should be aware of when you buy a foreign product) And this is what they told me: The 2.5mm connector failed and they have no way to fix it. They can send me a new one if I pay another $550 dollars. So I paid over 1000 dollars already and now I need to pay 549 dollars more to get an earphone that worth 1099 dollars. What is worse? If I decide to trade in, $350 is all they are willing to offer. So for an earphone, they asked for 1300 dollars for brand new, once it is used, they think it is only worth $350. For comparison, the average trading price of used earphones from other companies that cost 1000 dollars new is around 600 dollars on head-fi. Obviously, they know their products are extremely overpriced and cannot maintain the value well.

If I broke the earphone, like dropped or drained it in water, I would not complain at all. But the fact is that I did not do anything. Since it is such an expensive item, I put it in the protective case all day and use it while sitting in my bedroom. There is no way it can be exposed to any dangerous condition. In contrast, I have a 300 dollars Westone w20 for 5 years and it is completely trouble free even though I took it to gym three times a week. It has been dropped, pulled and exposed to other dangerous conditions, but it is never as fragile as this Dita truth. For a flagship earphone 4 times more expensive, I do not expect it to be 4 times as strong but it should at least have a normal reliability like any other cheap earphone. With their "innovative" plug, they certainly failed to deliver that.

I am sharing this story because I do not want anyone else to experience the same thing again. Be wise and do not be fooled by those awesome reviews. The reliability is one important factor to consider when you buy earphone this expensive. I am still at the stage of arguing with the company. If you have any advice on how to reduce my loss, feel free to pm me. Thanks for reading.
Hi,
My Answers Truth failed out of warranty about 6 month ago. I don't like L shape plugs as there can be stress on the cable. For a few quid I fixed them myself with a 2.5 Straight Plug from Amazon.
The 2.5 on the Answer is a sealed unit so It was not easy to cut through to check which wires went where but I managed it. Basic soldering, sorted works like a "Dream" excuse the pun.

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2018 at 4:00 AM Post #507 of 569
Hi,
My Answers Truth failed out of warranty about 6 month ago. I don't like L shape plugs as there can be stress on the cable. For a few quid I fixed them myself with a 2.5 Straight Plug from Amazon.
The 2.5 on the Answer is a sealed unit so It was not easy to cut through to check which wires went where but I managed it. Basic soldering, sorted works like a "Dream" excuse the pun.

The customer service of Dita is pretty decent. We agreed on the solution. They are willing to give in a little bit.

Jul 22, 2018 at 10:50 PM Post #509 of 569
I decided to delete my earlier comments

Here’s what I don’t get.

The adapter was damaged prematurely, and DITA replaced it multiple times from what it seems.

The earphone itself was bought 3 years ago And stopped functioning well recently. 3 years. The warranty period is 1 year. The cost of replacement at this point is more than you are willing to fork, but the fact is that this is a company that is willing to take in a damaged product and offering you a price off a new one despite it being a whole 2 years out of warranty. And yet you find fault with their practices?

I think if you read back on any of the Dita threads you would realise that Dita has pretty exceptional service.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back