Disappointment.
Feb 4, 2012 at 3:27 AM Post #46 of 63

Quote:
Correction... I would have an E17 and/or E9 over an E11. I have the E7, E9, and E11. I personally think the E11 sounds more fun compared to the E7, but the new E17 is just kick ass apparently

As an active member of the E17 thread...i will have to agree :D 
gs1000.gif

Quote:
We will see... If they actually respond to my email, I will take it as an opportunity to shine

haha. let's hope they take it up....they might not ..still in their own ignorant ways.

Feb 4, 2012 at 3:30 AM Post #48 of 63

Quote:
As an active member of the E17 thread...i will have to agree :D 
gs1000.gif

haha. let's hope they take it up....they might not ..still in their own ignorant ways.

haha they are REALLY busy though... like REALLLLLY REALLLLLLLY busy so I don't blame them.

Quote:
when you say fun what do you mean

I find the E11 to be fun as in on the warm side and I find there is a big improvement in the bass (depending on the Headphone, Earphone, and/or speaker). Bass is usually a major factor in what makes something "fun". The E11s focus on Bass improvement a lot IMO

Feb 4, 2012 at 3:34 AM Post #51 of 63

Quote:
If i do go with the e11 whats a good DAC to go with it in a year or so when I can upgrade a little more.

.. you have to understand that genre's, and what headphones you have or need, use, and price factor in a lot.

you are on the go a lot. so are you going to be using that DAC as a porrtable travel soundcard? synergy with the D2K is important. im not sure how it reacts to fiio products. what is the price range. do you need it to be portable?

Feb 4, 2012 at 3:35 AM Post #52 of 63

Quote:
If i do go with the e11 whats a good DAC to go with it in a year or so when I can upgrade a little more.

The E11 is mostly for portable use IMO. You can find a good DAC or DAC/AMP combo units (like the E7[or E17] and E9 combo) to use with your computer. I don't see the point of using a E11 to Amp after using a USB powered DAC because it is made for portable purposes. Yes, it might work, but I recommend getting either a DAC/AMP combo unit or a separate DAC and a separate Amp for desktop use.

Feb 4, 2012 at 3:40 AM Post #54 of 63

Quote:
Do you think getting an e11 now and like a nu amp DAC later is better

some people do that i guess...you really have to set it straight. a E11 for portable..and then... a desktop DAC? why not maverick tube magic since you already have E11 then. it's stuff like that. there has been a couple posts on the nuforce and E17 on the E17 thread. they have been threatened also.

Feb 4, 2012 at 3:43 AM Post #55 of 63
I personally think the E17& E9 combo is going to be beyond amazing. They made it so you can EQ while docked now!

Feb 4, 2012 at 3:44 AM Post #57 of 63

Quote:
I personally think the E17& E9 combo is going to be beyond amazing. They made it so you can EQ while docked now!

from my exp in the E17 thread. this combo while good is still a little short for the sennhesier HD600+ headphones but is fine for the rest. but if you factor in the price to performance...the con's of that setup can easily be ignored. ($250 for a portable Wolfson and amp and desktop amp 
basshead.gif

Feb 6, 2012 at 9:59 PM Post #58 of 63
Okay guys... Looks like the NY Times ignored my email (typical). If the Head-Fi community wants to be properly recognized, i'm going to need some help here...

Feb 7, 2012 at 12:02 AM Post #60 of 63
It would be pretty awesome if someone like Jude were to contact the NY Times to grab their attention ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back