Disappointment.
Feb 3, 2012 at 1:24 PM Post #2 of 63
Sigh, I was excited at first that Head-fi and headphones in general were being promoted and discussed on nytimes, until I saw that they were only recommending Beats, Bose and Skullcandy. 
mad.gif

Feb 3, 2012 at 1:40 PM Post #3 of 63
Surprising that they mentioned head-fi at all. Also funny how the only true audiophile model mentioned was the LCD-3, and then only to poke fun at how much we are willing to pay for good SQ. 
biggrin.gif
 I guess they truly believe that the journey ends with Beats.

Feb 3, 2012 at 2:07 PM Post #4 of 63
*sigh*

At least this should bring an increase in traffic to head-fi where people will quickly read that the beats suck and end up converting to something else....

Feb 3, 2012 at 2:37 PM Post #5 of 63

Bit sad to see the New York times stoop to such lowly 'product endorsed placement' articles like this, then
 again I cannot say I'm surprised.

Feb 3, 2012 at 2:45 PM Post #6 of 63
Well, fwiw, i tried to steer the conversation into top headphones, talking about great inexpensive performers that outstrip the Beats, and how the best headphones can offer superior accuracy and musicality to all but the most expensive five-figure speakers, yadda, yadda...  but i guess it didn't really quite take.
redface.gif

jorge
HeadRoom VP
jorge@headphone.com

Feb 3, 2012 at 2:48 PM Post #7 of 63
lol.. self professed audiophile// 

Feb 3, 2012 at 3:44 PM Post #8 of 63

Quote:
Well, fwiw, i tried to steer the conversation into top headphones, talking about great inexpensive performers that outstrip the Beats, and how the best headphones can offer superior accuracy and musicality to all but the most expensive five-figure speakers, yadda, yadda...  but i guess it didn't really quite take.
redface.gif

Perhaps because it was not their intent to talk about anything except bose, skull candy, monster beat ... You know when a journalist have something in mind, he doesn't hesitate to skew things .

Feb 3, 2012 at 4:09 PM Post #9 of 63

Quote:
Perhaps because it was not their intent to talk about anything except bose, skull candy, monster beat ... You know when a journalist have something in mind, he doesn't hesitate to skew things .

maybe its 'cause Beats & Bose are well known and heavily advertised brands so regular readers might understand. 

Feb 3, 2012 at 5:08 PM Post #10 of 63
I am disappointed as well, OP. However, if it makes people happy, let 'em have 'em. I rather like paying the prices I do for my Mid-fi gear.

At least they cited this site as a potential source of information. I'm certain Head-fi will gain some members out of it.

-Nylan

Feb 3, 2012 at 6:32 PM Post #13 of 63

Quote:
I am disappointed as well, OP. However, if it makes people happy, let 'em have 'em. I rather like paying the prices I do for my Mid-fi gear.

At least they cited this site as a potential source of information. I'm certain Head-fi will gain some members out of it.

-Nylan

I did mention the forum numerous times during our half-hour phone interview, so i'm happy at least that got in!
tongue.gif

Feb 3, 2012 at 8:12 PM Post #15 of 63
Edit
Removing my earlier jargon and clarifying.
If they mention head fi and beats they should have said:
The esteemed Head-fi community has a strong dislike for the low quality Beats by Dre.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back