Directstream dac and Bridge II
Aug 21, 2020 at 2:52 AM Post #61 of 112
I’ve decided to graduate from the Bridge II to the Auralic Aries G2.1. I’m thinking it will be a nice improvement over the Bridge II. Is it true that the Auralic won’t do MQA with USB connection? I have option to use an Audioquest Diamond USB or an Audio Art Statement pure single crystal silver RCA coax or Siltech Anniversary Edition XLR digital. Which would be the best cable between my Aries G2.1 and my Directstream dac?

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2020 at 1:33 AM Post #63 of 112
The Auralic Aries G2.1 is a month away but the Bridge II sounds very good in the meantime. The upgraded Wireworld Ethernet cables make a nice improvement over the DH Labs Reunion Ethernet cables.

Sep 25, 2020 at 7:50 AM Post #64 of 112
I got the Auralic Aries G2.1 yesterday and it’s truly amazing. The Bridge II was nice on it’s own merit but the Aries is in a different league completely. It should be as it’s a component as opposed to a slide in computer piece.

Sep 26, 2020 at 3:48 PM Post #65 of 112
I have a Auralic G2.1 on order. Going to replace the original Aries with it. Nice to hear your G2.1 was big upgrade. Mind giving some details on how it was better?

Sep 27, 2020 at 9:51 AM Post #67 of 112
My Aries replaces a Bridge II card. I don’t know how it compares to anything else

What improvements did you see over the bridge?

Oct 13, 2020 at 10:35 AM Post #69 of 112
The Aries is beautiful now with maybe 150 or so hours play and I am going wireless which sounds better and saves me around $4000 in cables. The Bridge II was nice and opened the door to streaming but the Auralic Aries G2.1 is a different league all together. The Bridge II was still quite nice.

May 3, 2021 at 2:25 PM Post #72 of 112
What are your impressions so far?

So far positive. Soundstage seems wider and level of detail is up further. I am listening to an Octive Records release "Say Something" by Gabriel Mervine in the DSD format. I would also add the PRAT seems much better.

One comment they made that somewhat shocked me was this is the end of the line for DSD updates.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back