Directstream dac and Bridge II
Jul 1, 2020 at 1:47 PM Post #46 of 112
The Bridge II sounds good but my Perfectwave does sound better. Is it possible to get better sound from a streaming setup or will a good transport with good cables usually sound better. Would a better quality computer improve streaming quality?

Jul 1, 2020 at 3:40 PM Post #49 of 112
The sound is actually very close but my research shows me that people prefer the EtherRegan to the Gigafoil but in my case I find the sound quality of the Gigafoil setup actually very close to my transport but I have the same financial investment in my streaming setup as my transport.

Jul 2, 2020 at 5:16 AM Post #50 of 112
After careful listening back and forth between Bridge II and Perfectwave transport although the transport does sound a little better the sound is close enough that I find myself enjoying the Bridge II more. I find the Bridge II set up as I have it sounds quite nice.

Jul 11, 2020 at 4:35 AM Post #51 of 112
The Bridge II is wonderful. The way I have it cabled I find it sounds a little different but as good as my Perfectwave transport. I love the ability to search any music at will and the versatility of all kinds of new music. I am loving my Directstream dac with Bridge II.

Jul 11, 2020 at 6:45 PM Post #52 of 112
Jul 11, 2020 at 7:45 PM Post #53 of 112
My streaming sounds good. What is the point of the above post link. I follow the PS Audio forum occasionally but I don’t see the relevance of the link. I don’t even own an EtherRegan. I don’t consider the Gigafoil the reason for my enjoyable sound. It helps but everything helps. Despite the negative tone of the link my streaming setup sounds nice.

Jul 11, 2020 at 11:36 PM Post #54 of 112
My streaming sounds good. What is the point of the above post link. I follow the PS Audio forum occasionally but I don’t see the relevance of the link. I don’t even own an EtherRegan. I don’t consider the Gigafoil the reason for my enjoyable sound. It helps but everything helps. Despite the negative tone of the link my streaming setup sounds nice.
Many of us prefer the I2S to the B-II.

Aug 3, 2020 at 12:00 PM Post #56 of 112
After listening to my Perfectwave transport to my Directstream dac for several days I am now listening to my Bridge II in my Directstream dac and it's surprisingly close sounding to my transport. I find that the Sbooster power supply to the GigaFoil makes a nice improvement over just the Ethernet cable.

Aug 14, 2020 at 8:10 AM Post #57 of 112
After upgrading my digital cable from transport to dac I notice large improvement. I am getting a Wireworld Platinum Starlight 7 HDMI for I2S connection between my Perfectwave transport and Directstream dac. I’m expecting further improvement but all that said and done the Bridge II is pretty decent for what it is. Of course the transport sounds better but the variety of music available via streaming and the pretty good sound makes it worthwhile. I should have the Wireworld Platinum in a day or two so I expect to spin a few discs. The upgraded single crystal Silver RCA cable I’m using sounds awesome so I’ll try IS2 as per the advice of many.

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2020 at 11:00 AM Post #58 of 112
With the sound I’m getting with my new digital cable between transport and Directstream I’m not using my Bridge II as much. The new digital cable is giving me a sound I did not think possible and I have not yet received my Wireworld Platinum Starlight 7 HDMI yet!

Aug 17, 2020 at 7:11 PM Post #59 of 112
After hearing what a good digital cable can do I’ve decided to upgrade my Ethernet from my modem to Gigafoil to Wireworld Starlight 8 Ethernet and from my GigaFoil to Bridge II with Wireworld Platinum Starlight 8 Ethernet which should much improve my streaming setup.

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2020 at 2:50 PM Post #60 of 112
I plugged in the Wireworld Platinum Starlight 7 HDMI cable this morning and it’s glorious 5 minutes out of the box. Tomorrow I get my Wireworld Starlight 8 9 meter and Wireworld Platinum Starlight 8 2 meter Ethernet cables which should jazz up my streaming. If the cable this morning is an indication I think my streaming setup will sound pretty good. I find my current streaming setup OK but it will be better tomorrow.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back