dilemma in choosing portable player - Rocoo P / HM601 slim
Jul 27, 2012 at 3:26 AM Post #31 of 34
Rocoo BA will sound better than X19 since the amp section is better, but a modded T51 has the better DAC chip and is very clean.  I used X19+ with my portable amplifier for a while and it was pretty nice, not quite as nice as my desktop audio though, I'm sure the Rocoo BA designers have focused on synergy and it's a nice sound in it's own right.

I'd like to modify a Colorfly CK4, that should be closer to real desktop audio.

I'll visit a Sonystyle store and try the Z1070 when I have time, the Xperia S and P have pretty good sound for a phone, a little digital though.

Jul 27, 2012 at 6:25 AM Post #33 of 34
C4 has the Cirrus Logic CS4398 DAC which is their best chip last time I checked.

The CK4 also uses it, but they cheaped out on the amp section, which is why you need to mod the CK4 with the AD823 chip, then you have a killer DAP.

Resoldering to a more expensive and slightly higher voltage battery I think would be a very good idea too.

Jul 27, 2012 at 9:57 AM Post #34 of 34
Quote:
Rocoo BA will sound better than X19 since the amp section is better, but a modded T51 has the better DAC chip and is very clean.  I used X19+ with my portable amplifier for a while and it was pretty nice, not quite as nice as my desktop audio though, I'm sure the Rocoo BA designers have focused on synergy and it's a nice sound in it's own right.

My T51 was much better than HSA-R-BA:) It was really much better player.
Rocoo-BA is very nice, but never to be super.
Also still thinking about CK4. I have found some users of C3 and they said that it is on par with Cowon, that's bad. My X19+ little better than every Cowon:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back