dilemma in choosing portable player - Rocoo P / HM601 slim
Jul 12, 2012 at 10:01 AM Post #16 of 34
601 is NOS (vintage) sound.

X19HD is very cool, only an average DAC chip.

Rocoo P, average DAC chip.

Colorfly CK4, flagship Cirrus Logic DAC chip.  I'm disappointed they didn't respond to my email though, and there could be clones out there.

The DAC chip is the soul of a device, the amplifer section the clothing.

Jul 14, 2012 at 11:43 AM Post #18 of 34
I've got both Rocoo P and 601 Slim.  Compared to Rocoo P, 601's mid-range is thicker, warmer and more forward, some people may called it Vintage sound.  For Rocoo P, which is rather natural sounding, bass is strong and soundstage is also bigger than 601.   Besides, 601 is slightly powerful than Rocoo P on its PO level.  By the way, 601 has a LO which rocoo P don't have.

Both machines are rather equal on their sound quality.  I considered Rocoo P is more adaptable to different music styles.  601 is also good for jazz and pop, but not as good for rock, as it's bass level is just so so. 

Additional opinions :
- Rocoo P is rather portable, battery life is longer >10 hours
- 601's size is much bigger,  battery life is >=  6 hours, and each fully charge needed 5 - 6 hours
- 601's body will turn hot when working.
- 601's control is better as it has a bigger screen
- 601 do not support AAC format, ape support is worse.

For me, I use Rocoo P when I go out,  use 601 when staying at home.  Both are good machines for their sound quality.  If you are looking for those thicker, warmer mid-range hi-fi sounds,  go for 601.  If you are looking for a well-rounded, portable machine, go for Rocoo P.

Jul 14, 2012 at 1:43 PM Post #19 of 34
Quote:
601 is NOS (vintage) sound.

X19HD is very cool, only an average DAC chip.

Rocoo P, average DAC chip.

Colorfly CK4, flagship Cirrus Logic DAC chip.  I'm disappointed they didn't respond to my email though, and there could be clones out there.

The DAC chip is the soul of a device, the amplifer section the clothing.

Vintage sound, i suppose is something like Westone 4 iem right?
hmm, i see thanks for the information, will be looking into more details soon. :D

Jul 14, 2012 at 1:46 PM Post #20 of 34
Quote:
I love my Teclast X19+.
Also looking for another powerful dap.
Thinking about C3, CK4.

Yep Alot people say Teclast x19+ is a good player, theres one more x19HD, theres SRS true bass chip. i think its pretty awesome.! haha.

im currently branching down to Rocoo P / BA now.
More natural sounding = more fun i guess :D

you using any amp?

Jul 14, 2012 at 1:48 PM Post #21 of 34
Quote:
I've got both Rocoo P and 601 Slim.  Compared to Rocoo P, 601's mid-range is thicker, warmer and more forward, some people may called it Vintage sound.  For Rocoo P, which is rather natural sounding, bass is strong and soundstage is also bigger than 601.   Besides, 601 is slightly powerful than Rocoo P on its PO level.  By the way, 601 has a LO which rocoo P don't have.

Both machines are rather equal on their sound quality.  I considered Rocoo P is more adaptable to different music styles.  601 is also good for jazz and pop, but not as good for rock, as it's bass level is just so so. 

Additional opinions :
- Rocoo P is rather portable, battery life is longer >10 hours
- 601's size is much bigger,  battery life is >=  6 hours, and each fully charge needed 5 - 6 hours
- 601's body will turn hot when working.
- 601's control is better as it has a bigger screen
- 601 do not support AAC format, ape support is worse.

For me, I use Rocoo P when I go out,  use 601 when staying at home.  Both are good machines for their sound quality.  If you are looking for those thicker, warmer mid-range hi-fi sounds,  go for 601.  If you are looking for a well-rounded, portable machine, go for Rocoo P.

NICEEEE! i guess i like natural sound better. i believe warm sounding is something like W4 right, and rocooP sounds more like trifi10? :D

Im thinking of Power or Balance amature version. :<

Jul 14, 2012 at 3:18 PM Post #23 of 34
Quote:
you using any amp?

Nope, that's why i need just powerful player:)
I was having almost all mainstream players, i was having T51, also i was having some time with another devices for example 601.
I need something new, that's why i'm thinking about CK4.
With X19 i have used Sennheiser IE8 couple of months, it was great combo, much better than all iPods/Sansas/Cowons etc, very similar to a good CD player in some tracks, and usability was superb. Now in friendship with Shure SE215.

Jul 14, 2012 at 9:48 PM Post #24 of 34
Quote:
Nope, that's why i need just powerful player:)
I was having almost all mainstream players, i was having T51, also i was having some time with another devices for example 601.
I need something new, that's why i'm thinking about CK4.
With X19 i have used Sennheiser IE8 couple of months, it was great combo, much better than all iPods/Sansas/Cowons etc, very similar to a good CD player in some tracks, and usability was superb. Now in friendship with Shure SE215.

I see, same here :D
woww you have so many players! i only have ipodtouch which i sold few weeks back. Why not rocoo P ? :D
haha, SE215 was one of my first earphones, then i upgraded it to customs!, you should too.!

Jul 15, 2012 at 5:25 AM Post #25 of 34
This is my second pair:) I was having SE215 more than a year ago. I was having almost all IEMs which i wanted, sometimes for two or three times just in a different time. Lot of things from 10 to 500$:)
Now a decided to buy SE215 to try them with Silver Cable. "I believe in miracle"(c).
My another main player is Sony S760 for now. It sounds the same (or 90%) with A860, but better size, controls, battery etc. It has a litle cloured sound but still very beautiful sound with warm IEMs.

But now i decided to go with another powerful player, with bad quality, bad UI, big size, bad battery...
... but with pretty sound:) 

Jul 15, 2012 at 7:12 AM Post #26 of 34
Quote:
I think the Hifimans have issues driving custom IEM's, check out the "game card" extension for the HM-801.

The Rocoo DAC chips are not top notch, rather cheap, only the amp section.

Indeed, there is a real dilemma in DAP's now.

Yes, Hisound's players are applied with the low price chip. But please be aware that low pice components don't equal to low sound quality. A capable company can exactly  make use of the features of each components  to make the synergy correctly. The final excellent sound quality is what the consumers looking for than not the components.

ROCOO BA seems suitable for  him.  ROCOO BA is one of the best DAP with the highest detailes, transparent sound signature and have 50 mw output power. It can work well with the multi drivers BA IEMs.

If you are interesting on it, you can consult to the users here:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/607258/hisoundaudio-rocoo-ba-superior-hi-fi-player-for-ciems-iems

Jul 17, 2012 at 11:44 PM Post #27 of 34
Quote:

Yes, Hisound's players are applied with the low price chip. But please be aware that low pice components don't equal to low sound quality. A capable company can exactly  make use of the features of each components  to make the synergy correctly. The final excellent sound quality is what the consumers looking for than not the components.

ROCOO BA seems suitable for  him.  ROCOO BA is one of the best DAP with the highest detailes, transparent sound signature and have 50 mw output power. It can work well with the multi drivers BA IEMs.

If you are interesting on it, you can consult to the users here:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/607258/hisoundaudio-rocoo-ba-superior-hi-fi-player-for-ciems-iems

Thanks, im leaning towards the Rocoo BA, :D now the question is which sd card brand , which class, and size.
Since rocoo's oled screen is so small, having alot of songs would be quite difficult to navigate through all of them. will i be able to charge while listening to it?

Jul 21, 2012 at 12:44 AM Post #28 of 34
Ok, now i'm with RoCoo BA. Very similar UI with X19, same icons, etc.
Sound Quality is better, very clean, more details, more air=>bigger soundstage, very good speed, super vocals, no hissing. Nice.
User Interface... F*#^%&*^. Card 32GB F@#*&^%. I will try to do something with this:)
PS
Using IE8, sound is very good, other isn't.

Jul 21, 2012 at 1:40 AM Post #29 of 34
Quote:
Ok, now i'm with RoCoo BA. Very similar UI with X19, same icons, etc.
Sound Quality is better, very clean, more details, more air=>bigger soundstage, very good speed, super vocals, no hissing. Nice.
User Interface... F*#^%&*^. Card 32GB F@#*&^%. I will try to do something with this:)
PS
Using IE8, sound is very good, other isn't.

I've BOUGHT THE BA! :DD
heard that it could support micro sd card 64GB!!!!!!!!
cant wait for it to arrive!

Jul 21, 2012 at 4:13 PM Post #30 of 34
Quote:
I've BOUGHT THE BA! :DD
heard that it could support micro sd card 64GB!!!!!!!!
cant wait for it to arrive!

My congratulations!
My firmware has problems. Now i'm with Studio BA firmware. Card problems ended.
Dunno why, but my little modded Teclast T51 was better. It was real love:) lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back