dilemma in choosing portable player - Rocoo P / HM601 slim
Jul 9, 2012 at 3:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 34

owen241

New Head-Fier
Hi guys, i've been reading this forum for a few months already. Upgrading from Shure SE215 to a Full custom 6 driver (Coming soon). Now i need a new Portable player enough to drive the 6 drivers.
Hope you guys could help me out.

After reading most of the threads, i narrowed my choices to these 2, Rocoo P and HM601. these 2 players fits my budget, and i heard that they doesn't require to connect to a amp to play good music(Correct me if im wrong). So i decided to sell itouch 3g to fund a new player that solely plays music. 

I heard equally good reviews between Rocoo P and HM601 slim, but cant find any comparison between the 2. So help me out guys! :D:D

Your help is appreciated :DD
-owen

Jul 9, 2012 at 3:39 AM Post #2 of 34
both daps have different sound sig, so you might want to tell us your musical preferences or perferred sound sig =)

Jul 9, 2012 at 3:54 AM Post #4 of 34
Quote:
both daps have different sound sig, so you might want to tell us your musical preferences or perferred sound sig =)

I don't really know a lot about the sound signatures. All along i've only been using itouch 3g. i've started to listen to artists like: Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Eagles, 3 Doors Down, Artic Monkey, ColdPlay, The Darkness, FleetFox, RadioHead, Thirteen Senses, Kill switch engage, Michael Buble. And also current pop / rnb songs.

I like details, wide sound stage, good imaging. i've tried UM Melody, and i like the sound from it.

yeah, so thats all i think. (Sryy, don't rly know how to describe it well enough) ><

Jul 9, 2012 at 3:59 AM Post #5 of 34
Quote:
I think the Hifimans have issues driving custom IEM's, check out the "game card" extension for the HM-801.

The Rocoo DAC chips are not top notch, rather cheap, only the amp section.

Indeed, there is a real dilemma in DAP's now.

801/C4/DX100 are too expensive for me already :frowning2:( sadly.
im looking for a player without having to have a DAC or AMP(idk what you all call it) to play music. 

Oh really? i didn't know that, is it like no enough power to drive all 6 drivers?
Hmm, yeah i know, but the better ones are very expensive :X

Jul 9, 2012 at 4:01 AM Post #6 of 34
If you like details, wide soundstage and good imaging, you do NOT want the HM-601, which is vintage (analog) sound.

Try this - http://www.head-fi.org/t/578330/teclast-x19hd-now-available

The size, battery life, SRS TruBass and FLAC support etc. is all very good.

You can connect it to an external amplifier, and achieve pretty much the same result as any Rocoo.

Check out Colorfly C3 and CK4 but be careful of fakes.

Jul 9, 2012 at 4:14 AM Post #8 of 34
Quote:
If you like details, wide soundstage and good imaging, you do NOT want the HM-601, which is vintage (analog) sound.

Try this - http://www.head-fi.org/t/578330/teclast-x19hd-now-available

The size, battery life, SRS TruBass and FLAC support etc. is all very good.

You can connect it to an external amplifier, and achieve pretty much the same result as any Rocoo.

Check out Colorfly C3 and CK4 but be careful of fakes.

Its good, but its only 8gb :frowning2: non expandable )

Jul 12, 2012 at 1:07 AM Post #12 of 34
Quote:
Yeah the Sony Z1050, Z1060 and Z1070 don't have a MicroSD card slot either.

I think you can use a 32GB SanDisk on the Colorfly CK4?  Perhaps you can research that.  I have the Teclast T51 which is discontinued now, btw.

Yep, its TF expandable, Micro sdcard was originally named TransFlash !
I'm currently reading into Colorgly CK4, hmm i see not alot of people using the colorfly ck4. any idea why? :>

Users who are viewing this thread

Back