digiZoid ZO2.3 Impression & Discussion Thread
Jun 6, 2013 at 5:17 PM Post #886 of 1,021
Quote:
Glad it is working for you.   What are you controlling volume with? 

When I started experimenting with it a year ago, I swear I tried that with not good results, hence my formula ending in the ZO on high gain as the last link before headphones.  Hmmmm, may have to give your order a try and see how it sounds. 

Thanks for posting up! 

both the zo and the e11 are controlling the volume. the zo connects to my nano through the line out dock (3.5mm interconnect sounds bad, probably because my source is bad) and is on low gain (high gain sounds bad), maximum volume. volume is controlled through the e11 slider either on low gain or high gain (both are good quality).

allows me to eq 1 on e11 and max the bass out on the zo while still maintaining some sense of clarity. its a bit too much at times lol.. but good for some fun i guess. my m50s are monsters now lol

cant seem to get a good combo with the zo on the back end regardless of modes.

not sure if this way will work for u, i think i saw someone else in this thread connecting to their zo first. but everyone else seems to be able to put zo last.

i have no idea about amps, LOL hopefully someone can explain the difference to me of changing the order and why its working this way.

m50s rumbling like a mofo now. anyone who is not impressed with white box m50s bass (like i wasn't) should try this combo.

Jun 7, 2013 at 2:16 PM Post #887 of 1,021
You'll be very happy !!! I use mine to listen 6 - 8 hrs a day, battery life is awesome. One thing it took me a little while to clear up, is the how to get to the High Gain Mode, you do this by : After powering up, toggle up or down to select your base mode, then hold the toggle button in for several secconds, it will turn to blue, if you toggle up, that raises your basic volume, to get to High Gain Mode, push the button up, and hold it up for 6 - 8 secconds, and it will turn to a pink/purple color, you are now in the High Gain Mode, CAUTION though, turn your computer / phone or whatever your source is, volume WAY down first, because there is a SIGNIFICANT jump in volume, trust me, the difference between the highest normal blue volume, and the volume that will come out of High Gain, once it switches over is HUGE......Good Luck, I know you'll love it !!! I had the Fiio 11 amp before, and the digizoid ZO is just SO SO SO much clearer, in my oppinion, it basically doubles the dollar value of the headphone you are listening to ie if you have a $ 200 headphone, it makes it sound like a $ 400 dollar one....  I don't know what type of music you listen to, but I love Techno music, even if you don't....this is a track that I use as a "  measuring yardstick " of a headphones bass capability. At 3:15 and 6:15 mins, the bass line just punches harder than any other I've ever heard, so even if you don't " like " this piece....listen to it, to use it as a tool, to find out just how hard your headphone can punch a bass line. Click http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R630OZU2Rf8

Also, if Electronica with hard punching bass, is something you DO like, then I would recomend trying the SOL Tracks HD - on sale now at Amazon for $ 95 http://http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005OLOIUI/ref=pe_58260_30255860_email_1p_1_ti the company makes more expensive headphones, but this is the one to get if you like bass, some reviewers here have given it stuffy reviews, granted it may not be your cup tea if your trying to discern weather a violin is a true stratovarious or not, but for bass punch, nothing beats it....I accidentely stumbled on this headphone. My M50's broke, so I decided, I am going to save up a bunch of money, and " audition " some of the best expensive headphones out there. I saw this headphone, and purchased it, casually, just with the intent of a very temporary stand in, until I saved up the money for a top of the line headphone, Eventually I did, I purchased a Grado SR225I, Audio Technica ATHESW9A, Beyerdynamic DT-1350 as possible portables, and also as " Home " based models, the Ultrasone Pro 900s - the well renowned so called " King of Bass " for Bass heads, the V-Moda 100, and also the HI-FIMAN HE 400s and Bose QC 15, the HI-FIMAN EF2A tube amp, to really give all of these headphones a fair shake, with intent of purchasing one of the portables, and probably one or two of the"  Home " models.....

.Well, I swear in a million years, I never thought it would turn out this way, but I " burned " them all in with 150 hrs of Pink Noise each, also upgraded the tubes on the EF2A amp, and set myself to giving each of them a fair and thorough " shake down "  and no matter how I stacked it, blind tests, different music styles, adjusting the headbands, with amp, without amp, with Digizoid Zo amp, without, connecting the amps in different assorted " chains "......No matter how I tried all possible combinations, I just couldn't believe it, but I kept reaching the same almost illogical conclusion - I liked the SOL Republic Tracks HD BEST ...The Ultrasone 900 reached a lower bass level, but sounded like a large bass drum with a blanket in it. The Grado SR225I would probably be my second choice, it was very FAST, but lacked bass PUNCH....I think that's probably what impresses me most about this headphone - it is very FAST, and nothing even came close to the clear hard hitting PUNCH PUNCH FAST - HARD HARD HARD !!!! of this headphone. Believe me you, I was all set to spend big time cash on a headphone, and amp, had it all alotted in the budget, wanted to spend it.....but in the end, I couldn't believe it, but I packed all of these headphones up and the EF2A amp, and sent them back to Amazon.....

I have found my ideal with the Digizoid ZO amp, and the SOL Tracks HD headphone. Also as an aside, if you listen to a lot of streaming music, I stream http://http://www.di.fm/ epic trance channel, through music player http://http://www.winamp.com/ select their options..equalizers..pree-loaded, SKA...select visualization...( kinda corny - but I like ). It took me a LONG time and a lot of research to get here....Try it, all you have to loose is return postage to Amazon if you don't like the headphones, but for $ 95 - why risk loosing out on what you could actually be experiencing.....don't listen to the stodgy old violin/ cello " experts "opinions... I give you MY word, hooked up with the ZO bass turned up, running a hard bass line, Nothing will Punch like this set up !!!!

My Two Cents !!!

Jun 10, 2013 at 10:31 PM Post #890 of 1,021
Yea, I have the sol republic tracks HD and also the zo2.  Also the e11.  Together, they just knock your socks off.  However, If you want to listen to anything with accoustics or wind music, anything that requires speed and treble, then this combo really isn't all that great.  I blame my cursed taste in music being too broad.  Overall this combo just gets a bit too dark and veiled.

Jun 12, 2013 at 11:55 AM Post #892 of 1,021
Yea, I have the sol republic tracks HD and also the zo2.  Also the e11.  Together, they just knock your socks off.  However, If you want to listen to anything with accoustics or wind music, anything that requires speed and treble, then this combo really isn't all that great.  I blame my cursed taste in music being too broad.  Overall this combo just gets a bit too dark and veiled.

Of you pair the Fiio E11 with the Digizoid Z02? I have the E11 and I'm still want more bass out of my Sony XB600. Think that this would be a good combo?

Jun 12, 2013 at 1:06 PM Post #893 of 1,021
Quote:
Of you pair the Fiio E11 with the Digizoid Z02? I have the E11 and I'm still want more bass out of my Sony XB600. Think that this would be a good combo?

You talking about double amping E-11/ZO?  If so, yes, it's a great combo I used for months.  ZO on high gain, E-11 driving the volume

Source---------->LOD---------------->E-11------------->ZO on high gain---------------->headphone---------------->smile.

Jun 12, 2013 at 6:12 PM Post #895 of 1,021
Quote:

If you don't mind the tracks getting really really warm, it's a great combo for vibrating your ears.  You won't be able to enjoy anything with strings/vocals/wind.

Jul 8, 2013 at 6:53 PM Post #900 of 1,021
To my ears yes, but it is subject to personal opinion.
Every genre of music i listen to with the ZO it really does enhance it.  The bass boost from the zo is nothing like the bass coming out of a fiio or any other amp, app, or EQ i have ever used. The thing is its impossible to describe the way this changes the sound, you have to hear this little thing for yourself.

I thought it would sound similar or exactly like the bass from other amps i have used, but it is something entirely different.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back