digiZoid ZO2.3 Impression & Discussion Thread
May 17, 2013 at 1:28 PM Post #874 of 1,021
I'm happy with the quantity of bass that my stock Q40 provides. Would using the ZO2.3 make the Q40 sound better if I won't be increasing the bass, or am I better off with a different amp?

If you are happy with the signature of your 'phones I can't really see why you would want the Zo. What it does in adding depth and detail in the bass is very clever but purely as an amp there is much better out there. Admittedly I have only compared the Zo to much more expensive amps. I do t know how it would stack up against a FiiO for example...

May 17, 2013 at 5:26 PM Post #875 of 1,021
Quote:
If you are happy with the signature of your 'phones I can't really see why you would want the Zo. What it does in adding depth and detail in the bass is very clever but purely as an amp there is much better out there. Admittedly I have only compared the Zo to much more expensive amps. I do t know how it would stack up against a FiiO for example...

Compared to the E11, E6, it is THE bass adder amp to use.  It impacts the subbass where the FiiO amps muddy up the lower mids so that is the benefit I see.

In the past I doubled up with the E11 and loved it.  Now I use it in series with a C&C BK and/or C421 as a double amp setup, with the ZO on high gain and the other amps driving the volume, and have done this for around a year with very good results.  Love the depth of sound improvement and of course the tailored bass.  And much of the time I used and still use my Q40's...............love the thump with these and the Pro900 as well.

May 18, 2013 at 5:02 AM Post #876 of 1,021
Quote:
Compared to the E11, E6, it is THE bass adder amp to use. 

If you want to alter the bass output of an IEM then the Zo is an excellent way of doing it. This didn't seem to be what the OP was trying to achieve though...
Good point. What are you trying to achieve Blue angel?

Jun 4, 2013 at 6:18 AM Post #878 of 1,021
***. just bought a L9 LOD, e11 and digizoid zo2.3

realised that the digizoid does everything i need it to (e11 slightly boosts the quality but the thickness/portability is just not worth it lol)

already opened the e11 so can't return.

feelsbadman

i can't post in the sell forum. would anyone be interested in a discount pretty much brand new (used for 2 minutes) L9 LOD + e11? unsure if i can sell here lol .if not i will edit/delete

using the zo2.3 for my m50 because i thought the bass was lacking. the bass is amazing now. couldn't be happier. it does recess the mids a bit but not complaining. the enjoyability of the music has increased tenfold

Jun 4, 2013 at 7:24 AM Post #879 of 1,021
***. just bought a L9 LOD, e11 and digizoid zo2.3

realised that the digizoid does everything i need it to (e11 slightly boosts the quality but the thickness/portability is just not worth it lol)

already opened the e11 so can't return.

feelsbadman

i can't post in the sell forum. would anyone be interested in a discount pretty much brand new (used for 2 minutes) L9 LOD + e11? unsure if i can sell here lol .if not i will edit/delete

using the zo2.3 for my m50 because i thought the bass was lacking. the bass is amazing now. couldn't be happier. it does recess the mids a bit but not complaining. the enjoyability of the music has increased tenfold
You sure you cannot return the items? As long as you didn't rip open the packaging you should be OK. Distance selling laws and all that.

Jun 4, 2013 at 7:39 AM Post #880 of 1,021
according to the store terms and australian laws i can't return due to change of mind, unless the item was defective.

i could probably lie and say i didnt open it by repackaging but its a bit shady and id rather just resell it for a discount. even if i were to refund there is a $15 return fee. i guess i might keep it for future use or see if anyone locally needs it.

have to say though, i absolutely love this amp (zo2). drives my m50 just enough, very portable with good controls.

the only thing i dont get at all is.. why the change to high gain button the same as increase volume in low gain. seems like they want to kill people lol

Jun 5, 2013 at 7:03 AM Post #881 of 1,021
ok, changed my mind about the e11.

double amping at home, nano -> L9 LOD -> e11 -> zo2.3 -> ath-m50

everything sounds really good, better than the zo by itself. 

i had the zo in high gain before and didn't notice a difference. now ive put both the e11 and zo in low gain, and i can get a bit more bass going before distortion/muddiness happens. with the zo by itself on yellow everything gets muddled up, especially apparent when u listen to dubstep (barely listenable and not enjoyable). e11 either on 0 or 1 eq (0 seems to be better) with the zo on orange makes dubstep enjoyable while still giving my m50s an extra bass kick.

now thinking of upgrading to one of the c&c amps..

Jun 5, 2013 at 7:44 AM Post #882 of 1,021
ok, changed my mind about the e11.

double amping at home, nano -> L9 LOD -> e11 -> zo2.3 -> ath-m50

everything sounds really good, better than the zo by itself. 

i had the zo in high gain before and didn't notice a difference. now ive put both the e11 and zo in low gain, and i can get a bit more bass going before distortion/muddiness happens. with the zo by itself on yellow everything gets muddled up, especially apparent when u listen to dubstep (barely listenable and not enjoyable). e11 either on 0 or 1 eq (0 seems to be better) with the zo on orange makes dubstep enjoyable while still giving my m50s an extra bass kick.

now thinking of upgrading to one of the c&c amps..

Good choice. I double amp now with the C&C BK. I'm surprised on high gain you got some distortion.

Jun 6, 2013 at 1:27 AM Post #883 of 1,021
Quote:
Good choice. I double amp now with the C&C BK. I'm surprised on high gain you got some distortion.

nice. 

ive changed my mind about the zo after some listening. i much prefer the e11s sound by itself (eq 1). the bass is not muddy and clippy like the zo's. even both combined is worse than just the e11 by itself

edit: ok, decided to sell my zo and get an e12 as my next upgrade path.

im very impressed with the e11 by itself. never thought of just using it by itself LOL. the bass is amazing now with my m50s. digizoid is overkill and muddy.

Jun 6, 2013 at 7:14 AM Post #884 of 1,021
lol 3rd update:

ive just switched the order of double amping and now the bass sounds epic clear and enjoyable for dubstep/hardstyle. LOL. keep changing my mind.

was doing

nano 3g -> L9 LOD -> fiio e11 low gain -> zo low gain -> m-50

which sounded terrible

to

nano 3g -> L9 LOD -> zo low gain -> fio e11 high gain -> m-50

thought it would have to be the other way around? but doesn't work well. lining out to the e11 first makes everything muddy and clippy 

now has ultra bass that is not muddy/distorted/clippy. zo can go to red bass without muddiness/distortion.

Jun 6, 2013 at 9:47 AM Post #885 of 1,021
Quote:
lol 3rd update:

ive just switched the order of double amping and now the bass sounds epic clear and enjoyable for dubstep/hardstyle. LOL. keep changing my mind.

was doing

nano 3g -> L9 LOD -> fiio e11 low gain -> zo low gain -> m-50

which sounded terrible

to

nano 3g -> L9 LOD -> zo low gain -> fio e11 high gain -> m-50

thought it would have to be the other way around? but doesn't work well. lining out to the e11 first makes everything muddy and clippy 

now has ultra bass that is not muddy/distorted/clippy. zo can go to red bass without muddiness/distortion.

Glad it is working for you.   What are you controlling volume with? 

When I started experimenting with it a year ago, I swear I tried that with not good results, hence my formula ending in the ZO on high gain as the last link before headphones.  Hmmmm, may have to give your order a try and see how it sounds. 

Thanks for posting up! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back