digiZoid ZO2.3 Impression & Discussion Thread
Mar 15, 2012 at 4:52 PM Post #286 of 1,021
Nice to see you MizMoxie. How you doing? :)

I just spent comparing ZO2 on/off for these Q40 headphones and it's such a drastic improvement when turning on ZO2, it's like I'm wondering if I'm even listening to the same headphones or not, makes them sound so much better.

Mar 16, 2012 at 2:49 AM Post #287 of 1,021
MizMoxie

Thanks for the reply and the clarification on the build issues I had mentioned. Although it's not a headphone amp first, it performs formidably when compared to other portable headphone amps. Throw SmartVektor into the mix and it's a great device. I'm still trying to figure out when to use which contours for best results, but so far I'm very happy. It's taken the anemic output from my phone and given the sound some richness.

So far my only complaints are aesthetic issues I pointed out earlier. Which..when you've got some awesome sub bass pounding away at your ears, it doesn't really matter anymore.

Here's one that melted my brain when using the Zo2:
http://youtu.be/wxNT8ONn-To?hd=1

Mar 17, 2012 at 3:15 PM Post #289 of 1,021

Quote:
MizMoxie

Thanks for the reply and the clarification on the build issues I had mentioned. Although it's not a headphone amp first, it performs formidably when compared to other portable headphone amps. Throw SmartVektor into the mix and it's a great device. I'm still trying to figure out when to use which contours for best results, but so far I'm very happy. It's taken the anemic output from my phone and given the sound some richness.

So far my only complaints are aesthetic issues I pointed out earlier. Which..when you've got some awesome sub bass pounding away at your ears, it doesn't really matter anymore.

Here's one that melted my brain when using the Zo2:
http://youtu.be/wxNT8ONn-To?hd=1

No problem! I just wanted to make sure we all understood each other. :)

Good to hear you are enjoying it!

Mar 17, 2012 at 9:35 PM Post #290 of 1,021
MizMoxie: Can you please license the smart vector technology to Meier Audio so I can be in audio nirvana? hehe :)

Still lovin' my ZO!

Mar 18, 2012 at 9:35 AM Post #291 of 1,021
ZO2 + M-Audio Q40 + this music = heaven! (it has been remastered by me for better quality due to taken from a livestream)

Mar 18, 2012 at 10:22 AM Post #292 of 1,021
Here's my addiction lately...

ZO2 + iPod via LOD + Atrio Futuresonics IEMs + ↓↓↓

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFlE7_6hKUE

= awesomeness

Mar 18, 2012 at 10:38 AM Post #293 of 1,021

Quote:
Here's my addiction lately...

ZO2 + iPod via LOD + Atrio Futuresonics IEMs + ↓↓↓

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFlE7_6hKUE

= awesomeness

Nice may have to go download that album seeing you can get it for free.

Mar 18, 2012 at 10:44 AM Post #294 of 1,021

Quote:

Nice may have to go download that album seeing you can get it for free.

It's really interesting music...makes me wish I was back in high school getting ready for a football game! :)

Mar 18, 2012 at 10:46 AM Post #295 of 1,021

Quote:
ZO2 + M-Audio Q40 + this music = heaven! (it has been remastered by me for better quality due to taken from a livestream)

Nice tune. 4 some reason I can't pick 1080p. Just 720p

Mar 18, 2012 at 10:50 AM Post #296 of 1,021

Quote:
Nice tune. 4 some reason I can't pick 1080p. Just 720p

Weird works here, oh well it shouldn't be any difference but if you go to the youtube page you can even select "Original" quality. I'm a quality freak so just have to be sure I get the best possible quality I can get. :p 

Mar 19, 2012 at 12:51 AM Post #297 of 1,021

Quote:
Anyone know if the Rocoo P with a rated output of 50mW will be overpowering the the ZO2? I don't want to overdrive the ZO2, but also highly considering the Rocoo P right now

Can anyone comment on this?  I ordered a Rocoo P last week and was planning on pairing it with the Digizoid 2.3 but am also worried about this.  I'm waiting on an email response from Digizoid about this however I would appreciate some feedback from users who might be able to try the Rocoo P -> Digizoid with the headphone out and HDMS mode.  Thank you.

Mar 19, 2012 at 12:10 PM Post #298 of 1,021
I'm actually still on the fence about this. I pushed back my ZO purchase to get an Archos 48. I'm glad I did, 500gb and compatable with nearly anything. SQ on par, if not surpassing, an ipod video. I say that because in the original Donut firmware it's on par, but I hacked it up to tri boot into donut, gingerbread, and linux. The EQ in gingerbread throws it over the top.

I just don't know if I want to go straight into the ZO or play around with amping a little first with something like the fiio e5 or 6. The skrillex demo with the ZO actually turned me off to it a bit, but I realize it was the highest contour. It sounded clipped and muddy. I'm sure the actual experience is much different though.

Mar 19, 2012 at 12:12 PM Post #299 of 1,021

Quote:
Can anyone comment on this?  I ordered a Rocoo P last week and was planning on pairing it with the Digizoid 2.3 but am also worried about this.  I'm waiting on an email response from Digizoid about this however I would appreciate some feedback from users who might be able to try the Rocoo P -> Digizoid with the headphone out and HDMS mode.  Thank you.

HDMS will overpower the ZO2.3 in low gain. Set the ZO2.3 in high gain (a.k.a. no volume control / pure bass boost) and you should be fine.

Mar 19, 2012 at 3:11 PM Post #300 of 1,021

Quote:
HDMS will overpower the ZO2.3 in low gain. Set the ZO2.3 in high gain (a.k.a. no volume control / pure bass boost) and you should be fine.

Is this based on specs or do you have a Rocoo P + Digizoid to test with?  I was hoping for some real world tests if HDMS will not work.  I have read quite a few posts discussing the hiss via headphone jack to varying degrees depending on Rocoo model and firmware installed.  Unfortunately it looked as though HDMS was the only method with no hiss (at least no one mentioned hiss in HDMS mode).

I suppose I will wait until the Rocoo arrives before considering purchasing the Digizoid, just to make sure I can tolerate any distortion/hiss the unit may have before altering the signal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back