Didnt realize good headphones + movies are amazing
Dec 5, 2010 at 4:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

pHEnomIC

100+ Head-Fier
I decided to watch my Inception DVD with my d5000's, I couldnt believe how awesome the experience was.

Usually just use my headphones with music.

Give it a try if you havent.

Dec 5, 2010 at 5:13 PM Post #4 of 14

Quote:
D2000,D5000, and D7000's are amazing for their immersiveness no wonder you loved it with a movie.

What did you watch?

I believe it was Inception as stated in the OP hahahaha!
atsmile.gif

Dec 5, 2010 at 5:14 PM Post #5 of 14

Quote:
Quote:
D2000,D5000, and D7000's are amazing for their immersiveness no wonder you loved it with a movie.

What did you watch?

I believe it was Inception as stated in the OP hahahaha!
atsmile.gif

That it was I skippped right passed to what headphone it was. c;

And yes I watch that recently, the movie would have been good without sound to be honest.

Dec 10, 2010 at 10:19 AM Post #6 of 14
I have found that while the movie may sound good on the headphones, it really can't compete with a good surround speaker setup. The immersion you get from actually having sound come from all around you, as well as the visceral feeling from the bass of a subwoofer is something that just can't be matched by headphones. Of course, if it is a choice between built in tv speakers and nice headphones then the it is no contest. I believe I have come to the opposite conclusion with music though.

Dec 13, 2010 at 1:42 AM Post #7 of 14
I live in a small apartment so i can't really crank up the ol surround system very often. Doesn't really upset me because movies and games sound so awesome on my d2000s.

Dec 13, 2010 at 2:11 AM Post #8 of 14
Avatar > PowerDVD with Dolby Headphone enabled > HDP > T1 sounded incredible, better than in the movie theater. 

Dec 13, 2010 at 4:27 AM Post #9 of 14
Even with my fairly modest lossless surround setup outside, it destroys my HD650s easily when it comes to movies. 

Dec 13, 2010 at 5:36 AM Post #10 of 14
Agreed, a good movie (or even tv) soundtrack can be highly engaging through headphones.

LOL @ the people saying their speakers sound better. Missing the point much?? 
beyersmile.png

Dec 13, 2010 at 11:11 AM Post #12 of 14
Definitely....i watched "Clash of the titans" with my brother's HD555 and it was a good experience. 
They need more bass for the explosions though. 

Dec 15, 2010 at 9:09 PM Post #13 of 14
What point are we missing? Is it supposed to be some magnificant discovery that high end audio equipment sounds good with movies? Of course they sound good, but the point is that they still pale in comparison to modest speaker setups.

Quote:
Agreed, a good movie (or even tv) soundtrack can be highly engaging through headphones.

beyersmile.png

Dec 16, 2010 at 5:42 PM Post #14 of 14

Quote:
What point are we missing? Is it supposed to be some magnificant discovery that high end audio equipment sounds good with movies? Of course they sound good, but the point is that they still pale in comparison to modest speaker setups.

Quote:

beyersmile.png

Well the thread is about headphones, in a forum entitled "Headphones (full-size)"  
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back