Diana Krall Lover's club.
Jun 7, 2009 at 9:14 AM Post #65 of 87
okay, seriously i dont get it. this woman gets tons of love on head-fi but im just not getting it. anyone care to recommend one or two songs that will make me hear what you people are hearing. listen to a few things from her and meh was a bout the most positive i could come up with.

point me to the best of what shes got to offer and see if can see what you people are seeing

Jun 7, 2009 at 1:04 PM Post #66 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
okay, seriously i dont get it. this woman gets tons of love on head-fi but im just not getting it. anyone care to recommend one or two songs that will make me hear what you people are hearing. listen to a few things from her and meh was a bout the most positive i could come up with.

point me to the best of what shes got to offer and see if can see what you people are seeing

It's ok if you don't like her, we all have different tastes...there are many artists/groups that get talked up here that I try and don't like...I quickly move on. There's so many great artists out there to waste time "trying" to like it when it simply doesn't click.

I really don't have any certain songs from her that I believe would change your mind...no real favorites I guess, I like so many of them. Although I do like her style and voice, she's probably half way down my list of favorite female singers...with Hayley Westenra being at the top(not jazz though).

Jun 7, 2009 at 5:14 PM Post #68 of 87
Sadly, the Christmas one has quite a poor recording.
frown.gif

Jun 7, 2009 at 5:17 PM Post #69 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
IMO what is there not to like? I am a big fan of her and have all her cd's except the Christmas one. But may get it one of these days.

X2

Jun 7, 2009 at 5:28 PM Post #70 of 87
Personally her voice really grates me. Yuck. I'd heard her recordings were very good, and people always refer to her as a benchmark to listen to 'lush mids', etc. But I erased the couple albums I tried from my collection because I just ultimately don't like her.

Jun 7, 2009 at 5:37 PM Post #71 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by cn11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Personally her voice really grates me. Yuck. I'd heard her recordings were very good, and people always refer to her as a benchmark to listen to 'lush mids', etc. But I erased the couple albums I tried from my collection because I just ultimately don't like her.

Funny, she's always spoken highly of you. Believe you have posted in the wrong forum ...

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f9/dia...s-club-409513/

Jun 7, 2009 at 7:13 PM Post #72 of 87
I have a lot of music that I often return to, music that initialy did not blow me away. But given some eartime when I am in a neutral or ambivalent mood, some did grow on me.
Diana paints beautiful aural pictures. When I am in an undecided mood, she is my go to girl. She makes intelectual music. Catchy lyrics, clever piano tunes. She is pitch perfect. She portrays a lot of feeling, I love how she lazily forms some of her words.
Love "Temptation" from "the girl in the other room" Very Very cool and suave, stunning sound quality.
On the funny side" Peel me a grape" from love scenes such insight.
"Narrow daylight" more mainstream reflective.

If she does not rock your world at first, let her linger longer, she will get back to you.
k701smile.gif

Shade.

Jun 8, 2009 at 12:34 AM Post #73 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Funny, she's always spoken highly of you. Believe you have posted in the wrong forum ...

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f9/dia...s-club-409513/

An attempt at humor I suppose? Yawwwnnnn...
rolleyes.gif

FYI, I had no idea that thread existed since a search didn't show it anywhere near recent results. Have no fear, I'll post there about her music from now on. You can have her..... Meh.

Jun 8, 2009 at 9:32 AM Post #74 of 87
i think my favorite so far is All For You and Live in Paris. only had a brief listen of Quiet Nights, but it sounded dull in comparison. waiting to hear The Girl in the Other Room.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 8, 2009 at 3:17 PM Post #75 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by cn11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
An attempt at humor I suppose? Yawwwnnnn...
rolleyes.gif

FYI, I had no idea that thread existed since a search didn't show it anywhere near recent results. Have no fear, I'll post there about her music from now on. You can have her..... Meh.

Dead serious. She mentioned you the other day when she and Elvis called. Happy to point you in the right direction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back