Diana Krall Lover's club.
Jun 8, 2009 at 3:18 PM Post #76 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by SemiAudiophile /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i think my favorite so far is All For You and Live in Paris. only had a brief listen of Quiet Nights, but it sounded dull in comparison. waiting to hear The Girl in the Other Room.
smily_headphones1.gif

Based on your post and others, went out to grab All For You. Sometimes, the earlier work is the best, no doubt.

Jun 9, 2009 at 7:58 PM Post #78 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by t/sound /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a lot of music that I often return to, music that initialy did not blow me away. But given some eartime when I am in a neutral or ambivalent mood, some did grow on me.
Diana paints beautiful aural pictures. When I am in an undecided mood, she is my go to girl. She makes intelectual music. Catchy lyrics, clever piano tunes. She is pitch perfect. She portrays a lot of feeling, I love how she lazily forms some of her words.
Love "Temptation" from "the girl in the other room" Very Very cool and suave, stunning sound quality.
On the funny side" Peel me a grape" from love scenes such insight.
"Narrow daylight" more mainstream reflective.

If she does not rock your world at first, let her linger longer, she will get back to you.
k701smile.gif

Shade.

I can totally relate to this post!

Jun 12, 2009 at 6:08 PM Post #79 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by intoart /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I could definitely go for being Diana Krall's lover!

I'm with you there!

I liked Diana Krall for the first 3 or 4 records, and have seen her live in a small jazz club, and she's a very talented pianist as well as vocalist (in addition to being a very, very beautiful woman).

But her last couple records have been SOOOO sleepy - it's just not interesting anymore.

Jun 12, 2009 at 9:09 PM Post #80 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm with you there!

I liked Diana Krall for the first 3 or 4 records, and have seen her live in a small jazz club, and she's a very talented pianist as well as vocalist (in addition to being a very, very beautiful woman).

But her last couple records have been SOOOO sleepy - it's just not interesting anymore

Try taking your shirt off before you listen
tongue.gif
...oh, never mind!

Feb 24, 2012 at 8:22 PM Post #81 of 87
The Girl In The Other Room sounds outstanding. I can easily sit throiugh it. The mastering is just SO good. It is my reference album for my K701s.

These cans are just so hard to enjoy, but this album makes the most out of them. 

Im like 
k701smile.gif

Feb 28, 2012 at 8:07 PM Post #83 of 87
I'll join! I have all her albums (I think).
There are two I like in particular:
- Live in Paris
- The girl in the other room
I've also got the DVD, live in Paris I think (I'd have to look that up) Very nice.

She's one of the artists that I heard and that stayed with me.
It's a bit dependent on my mood, but never bores me.

Mar 11, 2012 at 12:26 PM Post #86 of 87

Quote:
I just saw that today in Vinyl on Amazon US. $29
Maybe that's telling me, "time to buy a turntable"

You can order the CD from Amazon.UK for $12.00US with shipping. Delivery took 4 days. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back