Diana Krall Lover's club.
Feb 20, 2009 at 1:15 PM Post #46 of 87
Great Pictures !
Bump for the Lover's Club.

Feb 20, 2009 at 9:31 PM Post #49 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by jsaliga /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think she's attractive too, but this is the music forum. Perhaps we should concentrate on that...

--Jerome

Don't worry, I'm finished.

Long live my TGIF DVD.
evil_smiley.gif
(lots of pics set to guitar music)

Feb 21, 2009 at 2:07 AM Post #50 of 87
Diana Krall !? ... brilliant !
gs1000.gif

Apr 8, 2009 at 9:38 PM Post #51 of 87
I thought I'd breath some life back into this month-old thread.

I got Quiet Nights a few days ago, the bonus track version. I've listened to it several times with my RS-1's, her voice is beautiful, the orchestration well done and the recording excellent. I do, however, hope here next recording is with her trio, that I think is Diana at her best.

May 28, 2009 at 3:39 AM Post #52 of 87
I love Diana Krall. I have all her CDs except Quiet Nights (haven't bought a physical CD for quite a while now). Another singer who has her deep sultry voice is Sophie Millman. She's not as well known as Krall, but she has that heavy raspy voice.

May 28, 2009 at 6:24 AM Post #54 of 87
i have her Very Best Of and The Look of Love album. all the songs on the very best are good. i like "little girl blue", "east of the sun, west of the moon", and "fly me to the moon" in particular.
smily_headphones1.gif
Can anyone recommend similar artists or jazz albums in particular? i'm currenty digging Roy Haynes' Birds of a Feather - A Tribute to Charlie Parker.

May 28, 2009 at 10:30 AM Post #55 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by braincuttermd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I love Diana Krall. I have all her CDs except Quiet Nights (haven't bought a physical CD for quite a while now). Another singer who has her deep sultry voice is Sophie Millman. She's not as well known as Krall, but she has that heavy raspy voice.

YES. I recently discovered Sophie and snagged this pic form her website. I love her voice.

2341249930044175878S600x600Q85.jpg

([size=xx-small]in my "Evil Things" Webshots picture album now)[/size]

I also like Diana's "Quiet Nights" very much.

May 28, 2009 at 11:18 PM Post #57 of 87
Sounds like "Live in Paris" is a must buy for the Diana Krall fans. I have enjoyed "Quiet Nights" a great deal, and have been looking for this type of recommendation from other fans. I think I'll be picking that CD up this weekend.

May 28, 2009 at 11:44 PM Post #58 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by Busta9iron /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sounds like "Live in Paris" is a must buy for the Diana Krall fans. I have enjoyed "Quiet Nights" a great deal, and have been looking for this type of recommendation from other fans. I think I'll be picking that CD up this weekend.

If you have the ability to play DVDs through your main speaker/HP system...and enjoy watching concerts, I recommend the Live In Paris on DVD over the CD. The SQ is very good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back