Diana Krall Lover's club.
Feb 17, 2009 at 9:16 AM Post #31 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by robm321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Her version of Joni Mitchell's "A Case of You" is the best I've heard.

I couldn't be more on topic.

I think two Diana Krall threads is enough. I was providing perspective by the comparison... seemed pretty obvious to me anyway.

You should hear it live!

Oh yeah, and another song I love (particularly live) is "I'll String Along with You".

Feb 17, 2009 at 9:31 AM Post #32 of 87
This is an interesting thread. I didn't realize that Diana Krall had so many "lovers". Ha! You all wish! She married a McManus afterall, so I'm about as close to that claim to fame as anyone at Head-Fi can be. Of course, his name was spelled MacManus (before he changed it to Costello), but close enough. Lucky guy, I say.

Feb 17, 2009 at 9:35 AM Post #33 of 87
Me LOVE Diana Krall
biggrin.gif

Feb 17, 2009 at 9:40 AM Post #34 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is an interesting thread. I didn't realize that Diana Krall had so many "lovers". Ha! You all wish! She married a McManus afterall, so I'm about as close to that claim to fame as anyone at Head-Fi can be. Of course, his name was spelled MacManus (before he changed it to Costello), but close enough. Lucky guy, I say.

LOL

Feb 17, 2009 at 5:21 PM Post #36 of 87
I prefer generally contempory to re-interpretations of jazz standards/american songbook.
So I love The Girl in the Other Room and am still thinking about Live in Paris (although the latter also has superb SQ).

Much in the same way as I love Holly Cole's Temptation, but less keen on her jazzy stuff.

Feb 18, 2009 at 2:19 AM Post #37 of 87
OK, so she will likely not be ranked with the “greats”, but she has a very listenable voice, better than average piano chops, is easy on the eyes, and her CDs are generally pretty well recorded and sound great on cans. What’s not to like?

I’ve seen her live twice and she put on an extremely enjoyable show both times. Chalk me up as a fan.

Feb 18, 2009 at 9:35 PM Post #39 of 87
Although I prefer Claire Martin, Diane is excellent!. Pretty critical comments considering she can sing, write and play better than 90% of the female pop and rock musicians out here. Go figure....

Feb 18, 2009 at 10:56 PM Post #40 of 87
Track list for Quiet Nights, Available March 31st

1. Where or When 2. Too Marvelous For Words 3. I've Grown Accustomed To Your Face 4. The Boy From Ipanema 5. Walk On By 6. You're My Thrill 7. Este Seu Olhar 8. So Nice 9. Quiet Nights 10. Guess I'll Hang My Tears Out To Dry 11. How Can You Mend A Broken Heart 12. Everytime We Say Goodbye

Users who are viewing this thread

Back