Diana Krall Lover's club.
Feb 16, 2009 at 11:49 PM Post #16 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by Signal2Noise /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I dunno...she's fairly hawt.

The only thing I don't like about Krall is a number of years ago I attended her concert. I swear the whole set was maybe about 40 minutes long. Tix were roughly $60 CDN a pop at the time. We felt extremely ripped off. But we were sixth row on the floor from the stage and she did look hawt.
smily_headphones1.gif

Keyword in my post from the polar opposite thread is 'hotness'. So yeah, Diana Krall is a JILF* in my book!

[size=xx-small](*)- JILF: Jazz singer I'd Like to.... you know the rest.[/size]
wink.gif

Feb 17, 2009 at 12:11 AM Post #18 of 87
I agree with you Carmantom. I think she has alot of talent and is pretty pleasant on the eye's too. LOL

Feb 17, 2009 at 12:37 AM Post #21 of 87
 The Girl in the Other Room, Steppin' Out, Live in Paris....in that order. I have a total of five of hers.

Not my fav female vocalist, but not shabby to be sure.

Feb 17, 2009 at 2:53 AM Post #24 of 87
Her version of Joni Mitchell's "A Case of You" is the best I've heard.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsaliga /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Meaning what exactly?

Do you demand that all of the music you listen to come from legendary artists?

Sure, there are better jazz singers -- but this thread isn't about them.

Again, please stay on topic. If you want to talk about other singers then start your own thread.

--Jerome

I couldn't be more on topic.

I think two Diana Krall threads is enough. I was providing perspective by the comparison... seemed pretty obvious to me anyway.

Feb 17, 2009 at 3:04 AM Post #25 of 87
Where is the "I don't hate, but I don't love Diana Krall club" ?

Feb 17, 2009 at 3:12 AM Post #26 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by xnothingpoetic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where is the "I don't hate, but I don't love Diana Krall club" ?

Come over to the dark side...
darthsmile.gif

Feb 17, 2009 at 4:35 AM Post #28 of 87
I have always enjoyed her music. She may not be breaking any new ground musically as far as jazz is concerned but the music is always swinging. She always has great musicians backing her up which is a reason enough for me to always check out her stuff. She is clearly talented, regardless of what you think her status should be in the line of great female jazz singers.

Feb 17, 2009 at 5:04 AM Post #29 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by robm321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh, nice - the fans strike back.

She's enjoyable to listen to but not among the legendary singers of jazz in ability or creativity.

So, I guess I remain closer to neutral with her. My favorite was "Live in Paris". A really entertaining performance.

The legends like "Ella" and "Billy" are at the pinnacle. I recently have been listening to Cassandra Wilson and Keely Smith who easily better Dianna Krall IMO.

I mostly agree. Am a big fan of Keely Smith, too.
smily_headphones1.gif
Krall isn't going to be a legend, but I do enjoy her music and voice. I'm not even close to hating her. She sounds awfully good on SACD, too.

Feb 17, 2009 at 9:15 AM Post #30 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by elrod-tom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I agree that All for You is her best work...Live in Paris is also very good.

I saw her in concert a few years ago...well worth seeing.
smily_headphones1.gif

She really is quite something in concert isn't she...
biggrin.gif

I'm in, she's not what I'd call my favorite or anything, but when in the right mood, or with the right songs...

Live in Person is awesome (the concert experience)
Live in Paris is a worthy experience
Girl in the Other Room is worth many listens
And hey, she can sing me Christmas tunes or ask me what I'm doing for New Years Eve any day of the year...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back