Diana Krall Hater's Club
Oct 12, 2017 at 5:30 PM Post #136 of 144
Agreed. I've moved on to better singers.

Oct 12, 2017 at 8:46 PM Post #137 of 144
She is an average singer with average looks. They have pushed her, marketed her as if she is a great cover artist and failed it pushing her on her looks.

Mar 19, 2023 at 11:19 AM Post #139 of 144
I dislike her because her records sound like they are made to be played in a hotel lobby, no soul, the intention is just to make money, and she didn't compose any of the music she plays, real artists suffered for that music, and she is making more money than they ever made, it's just "not done" in the jazz world. jazz is meant to be played, or heard live, not produced in such an awful way, oh and i also don't like her voice at all. i read and see so many reviews of audio products where the reviewer uses her music, instead of, for example, ella fitzgerald, louis armstrong or miles davis, why ? Kind of Blue is a wonderful album, and has some great tracks to test audio gear, why krall ? i am NOT going to spend thousands to listen to that, ever.

Mar 21, 2023 at 8:40 AM Post #140 of 144
A quote I read a long time ago that rings truer today than ever:

"Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it!"
That and death to auto-tune. I think it is telling that the first positive posts on this thread were about her being "hawt".

Mar 21, 2023 at 6:42 PM Post #142 of 144
Well...

If bad singing and being ugly is why you should not be in a band or making music then Mick Jagger is gone.
That is the thing, he comes from the pre-video generation. The rise of MTV changed all of that and fast forward to the advent of social media, which just amplified the requirement tenfold.

Mar 21, 2023 at 7:43 PM Post #143 of 144
That is the thing, he comes from the pre-video generation. The rise of MTV changed all of that and fast forward to the advent of social media, which just amplified the requirement tenfold.

Its true that "video killed the radio star"....... However, The Beatles and Queen were making videos in '73.
MTV didn't create the genre`, they just amplified it., and "VJ"d" it., and now its uses to sell Rap and Hip-Hop to the masses.

It is true that as pop music died after about '86 as the Police ended and Rap - Hiphop replaced music, things got worse.
Now, add in Auto-Tune and the fact that professional songwriters write it and they bring in Beyonce to sing it....ect...... music is .. Current Pop Radio that is, is at a place where i cant even turn it on.
That led me to find music all over the world, which has been a Gold Mine.....so, that worked out well for me.
Recently in the States, you had the Super bowl, and Rihanna was the halftime show, and she lip sync'd the entire performance.
That pretty much sums up the " Pop music industry" as offered by the United States.

I have to say that Diana K is very talented., but she's not in possession of a truly great voice.
That never stopped Madonna or Taylor Swift, i noticed.

And according to the photo below, i think some of the Boys here could make a Case if they wanted to prove that Diana is kinda sexy.....
-
-
1200x1200bb.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back