DGS100 Appreciation thread. The game changing budget-fi two-way hybrid universal IEM
Oct 2, 2014 at 12:22 AM Post #819 of 1,058
well well well, seems like these are pretty source dependent... highs were too shrill out of my android. the dragonfly puts things back where they belong, and now i am liking them. now i wont sell them so quickly as there is time for improvement. sound is forward, exciting, and does most things well. bass can punch, but wont extend as far as i like. Separation is good, but not great. I will say that they are not on the level of something like the H3, or DN1000, but they do the job just fine, and technicalities aside, some may just prefer the signature.

lets see how much change there will be from the already 50hrs

Oct 2, 2014 at 10:07 AM Post #823 of 1,058
If the dgs100 doesnt sound right, it means it hasnt had enough burn in. These require minimum 200 hours burn in. You will know when you have burned the iems's enough as they wont have big bloaty mid bass, the highs wont kill your ears, and the instruments wont pierce your ear drums. 

Oct 2, 2014 at 3:58 PM Post #824 of 1,058
If the dgs100 doesnt sound right, it means it hasnt had enough burn in. These require minimum 200 hours burn in. You will know when you have burned the iems's enough as they wont have big bloaty mid bass, the highs wont kill your ears, and the instruments wont pierce your ear drums. 

Lol now it's minimum 200 hours burn in. I experienced hardly any change in the mid bass bloat with over 100 hours burn in. I think it's brain burn in more than anything. After I burn in the "minimum" 200 hours someone else is going to say nah it needs 1000 hours. When I got these the minimum was 20 hours, then it went to 50, then 100.
These phones have made me rethink the effectiveness of physical burn in as opposed to brain burn in

Oct 2, 2014 at 4:06 PM Post #825 of 1,058
Lol now it's minimum 200 hours burn in. I experienced hardly any change in the mid bass bloat with over 100 hours burn in. I think it's brain burn in more than anything. After I burn in the "minimum" 200 hours someone else is going to say nah it needs 1000 hours. When I got these the minimum was 20 hours, then it went to 50, then 100.
These phones have made me rethink the effectiveness of physical burn in as opposed to brain burn in

The dgs100 might be just not for you. Happens, don't let it discourage you to find your ideal phone.
At least you learned more about your own sound preference ;D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back