Dethonray Dtr1 Prelude high resolution player
Oct 8, 2019 at 10:54 AM Post #756 of 2,316
2.20 is the latest fw as far as I know. It was just a hunch. The very first fw was a bit imprecise in terms of volume steps, but it improved over the past months.
At least to my ears.

The UI is stable and volume steps are linear, it's just so powerful on high gain that with my heapdhones on high gain one step (usually between 8 and 11) sometimes makes music too loud or too quiet for suitable level. No such problems at all on medium gain.

Oct 8, 2019 at 5:18 PM Post #758 of 2,316
The Fibae Black are the perfect companion to the DTR1. The clear and powerful sound from the DAP marries very well with the warmish IEM from Custom Arts. Best mids I have heard on the DTR1, no hint of sibilance, even at high volume.
IMG_20191008_231033.jpg

Oct 8, 2019 at 5:49 PM Post #759 of 2,316
The Fibae Black are the perfect companion to the DTR1. The clear and powerful sound from the DAP marries very well with the warmish IEM from Custom Arts. Best mids I have heard on the DTR1, no hint of sibilance, even at high volume.

Thanks for your update in listening preferences with the DTR1. How do the Fibae's compare to the Final E5000's you wrote about previously and has the sound of the DAP changed in any way with more play time?

Oct 8, 2019 at 6:11 PM Post #760 of 2,316
Thanks for your update in listening preferences with the DTR1. How do the Fibae's compare to the Final E5000's you wrote about previously and has the sound of the DAP changed in any way with more play time?

The Fibae Black have better mids and less bass than the E5000. The treble is slightly better defined with the Black. It is interesting to compare both IEMs actually, custom single DD vs. custom single BA. Tonal balance is excellent in both cases, they are highly enjoyable IEMs. Cannot pick a winner, because if I want my sub-bass, I will go with the E5000, and if I want to listen to vocalists, I will grab the Blacks.

My DTR1 now should have 300 hours at least and it sounds fantastic. I cannot tell if it sounds better than before. I don't think I could notice a difference. I was hooked at day 1 already.

Oct 8, 2019 at 6:24 PM Post #761 of 2,316
The Fibae Black have better mids and less bass than the E5000. The treble is slightly better defined with the Black. It is interesting to compare both IEMs actually, custom single DD vs. custom single BA. Tonal balance is excellent in both cases, they are highly enjoyable IEMs. Cannot pick a winner, because if I want my sub-bass, I will go with the E5000, and if I want to listen to vocalists, I will grab the Blacks.

My DTR1 now should have 300 hours at least and it sounds fantastic. I cannot tell if it sounds better than before. I don't think I could notice a difference. I was hooked at day 1 already.

Thanks again, that's very helpful as I am currently in the process of buying a DTR1 and your enthusiastic posts have been really encouraging. I'm glad that you are still smitten :)

Oct 8, 2019 at 6:29 PM Post #762 of 2,316
Thanks again, that's very helpful as I am currently in the process of buying a DTR1 and your enthusiastic posts have been really encouraging. I'm glad that you are still smitten :)
It is a keeper

Users who are viewing this thread

Back