Dethonray Dtr1 Prelude high resolution player
Sep 27, 2019 at 11:16 AM Post #736 of 2,316
Ps. Thanks, I agree on most of what you report here. :)

Btw please tell me about the IO review, I am curious :wink:

Oh thats coming real soon, just finishing it up over the weekend :)

Sep 28, 2019 at 10:24 AM Post #737 of 2,316
CA Andromeda pairing with the DTR1? Is the hiss present in low gain?

Sep 28, 2019 at 1:55 PM Post #738 of 2,316
Sep 29, 2019 at 6:10 AM Post #739 of 2,316
Thank you for such an extensive and high-quality review. From myself I can say that I do not consider the E12a a high-class amplifier (E12a I listened). Wanting to listen to the planar Tinaudio p1, I was forced to use another portable amplifier. However, the line output does not work when DTR1 is turned on again. The volume is fixed at "8". Forced to return to the "final audio VI" - 16 Om armatur headphones. The volume is not higher than "1" - unfortunately. I believe that the use of low gain (M, L), ie match - leads to degradation of sound (ie match I have).

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2019 at 5:29 AM Post #740 of 2,316
I second the above statement, iFi ieMatch does not match well with my S8F and the DTR1

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2019 at 11:26 AM Post #743 of 2,316
so s8f and dtr 1 are no good cobmo?
Not really. I need to tame the brillance of the S8F with the FiiO A5 via LO of the DTR1. With that combo, it is enjoyable. Otherwise, treble is a bit hot for my tastes.

Sep 30, 2019 at 12:08 PM Post #744 of 2,316
Hello good people,

I listen to mostly rock and metal genre and all of its subgenre, occasionally folk/americana and my go to headphone is Grado Sr80e (upgraded from HD330) and lots of earbuds (as low as 16 ohms up to 300ohms) when I'm at work and travelling.

Will be travelling to CanJam Shanghai and probably purchase the prelude there.

My question is, has anyone tried it with the Grado? I'm still stuck with Cayin N5 and I'm in the market for an upgrade.

Might be purchasing the Shozy BK too if available there.

Thank you guys!

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2019 at 5:44 PM Post #746 of 2,316
evening, has anyone tried it with Focal Stellias. i know powering them shouldnt be an issue and i'd be happy with the features it has, but i'd love to hear from anyone who's paired the two up. thanks:)

Oct 7, 2019 at 3:12 PM Post #747 of 2,316
Hi there,

it's my third day with DTR1 and soundwise I find it similar to QP1R. They are both airy, transparent, even holographic sounding DAPs with superb detail retrieval and instrument separation. The main difference between them is that DTR1 sounds somewhat brighter (though by no means sibilant). It has a superb synergy with my Dedon D7200 however I wouldn't pair it with bright headphones like Beyerdynamic T70P or T5P2. I think QP1R suits better for long time listening as DTR1 has this little treble emphasis, but maybe I will get used to the extra treble sparkle.
I don't know how it's possible to squeeze this output power in such a little device. I listen to it on middle gain with the Denon cans as on high gain volume steps are not enough incremental to find the right volume level. UI is simplistic but I can live with it. However in my opinion unavailabilty of artist and album information during playback is a serious omission. One more issue is the smallish and awkwardly placed volume buttons: I press power button almost every time I try to decrease volume.
Overall it's a keeper. Small and unbelievably powerful device with top end sound.

Oct 8, 2019 at 1:44 AM Post #748 of 2,316
Hi there,

it's my third day with DTR1 and soundwise I find it similar to QP1R. They are both airy, transparent, even holographic sounding DAPs with superb detail retrieval and instrument separation. The main difference between them is that DTR1 sounds somewhat brighter (though by no means sibilant). It has a superb synergy with my Dedon D7200 however I wouldn't pair it with bright headphones like Beyerdynamic T70P or T5P2. I think QP1R suits better for long time listening as DTR1 has this little treble emphasis, but maybe I will get used to the extra treble sparkle.
I don't know how it's possible to squeeze this output power in such a little device. I listen to it on middle gain with the Denon cans as on high gain volume steps are not enough incremental to find the right volume level. UI is simplistic but I can live with it. However in my opinion unavailabilty of artist and album information during playback is a serious omission. One more issue is the smallish and awkwardly placed volume buttons: I press power button almost every time I try to decrease volume.
Overall it's a keeper. Small and unbelievably powerful device with top end sound.

Regarding treble, wait until it reached 100++ hours you'll love it. I went off from DX90j / PCMD100 / DX200.

Oct 8, 2019 at 1:47 AM Post #749 of 2,316
Hello good people,

I listen to mostly rock and metal genre and all of its subgenre, occasionally folk/americana and my go to headphone is Grado Sr80e (upgraded from HD330) and lots of earbuds (as low as 16 ohms up to 300ohms) when I'm at work and travelling.

Will be travelling to CanJam Shanghai and probably purchase the prelude there.

My question is, has anyone tried it with the Grado? I'm still stuck with Cayin N5 and I'm in the market for an upgrade.

Might be purchasing the Shozy BK too if available there.

Thank you guys!

tried once with SR60 (2nd gen) I like the speed and highs when I listened to Hideous Divinity, dunno abt SR80e (warmer than SR60i) but it should be just fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back