Dethonray Dtr1 Prelude high resolution player
Sep 15, 2019 at 3:30 AM Post #706 of 2,316
I have used both, but It Is a very hard call to me.. Mojo sounds a bit darker imho, DTR1 Is more airy and "open" (?), Detail retrieval Is almost on par, maybe a tad more present on Mojo, soundstage again to me Is more Wide on DTR1, but again you Need a good pair of headphones to really get differences of this kind, imho.

Having said this, Mojo Is Always something to be stacked with, DTR1 Is about same size but you basically won't Need anything else.

DTR1 idea, to me, Is to concentrate on SQ and driving power, getting Song from an SD, and move around with light and small setup.
What music you listen to ?

Sep 15, 2019 at 5:28 AM Post #707 of 2,316
What music you listen to ?

Mostly jazz, classical and prog rock. Say EC Barlow, Petrucciani, Brubeck, Caravan, and then something like Dire Straits etc..

Sep 15, 2019 at 9:56 PM Post #708 of 2,316
I don't know its a bug or not. After it was full charge, i couldn't turn it on. I held the power button for long time but couldn't get it on. It just could turn on when i hit reset button. It only happened when it got full charge.

Not happened to me, i am at the latest FW

Sep 17, 2019 at 8:31 AM Post #709 of 2,316
Cool! You can write a email like this to Anson, Maybe he will add a play mode like this.I have mentioned folder playback, he told me he had added that function in his lists.But now all the team are focusing on timestamp bugs and other format support. I am a system test engineer, so I know when adding some small functions will take more time to redesign all the software logic and a total test. So contact anson now!

Anson wrote that he will add a single track playback (No repeat) in the next firmware.

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2019 at 2:06 AM Post #710 of 2,316
Which one has better detail retrieval between the fiio m11 and the dethonray?

Sep 18, 2019 at 4:30 AM Post #711 of 2,316
Which one has better detail retrieval between the fiio m11 and the dethonray?

used the M11 for a very short time (and did not like btw), maybe detail retrieval is not that far, but the "oomph" you get from the DTR1 to me si miles away from the M11... my own two cents.

But again, we are putting apples with pears here, M11 is a "modern" DAP with tons of features, DTR1 is a more "purist machine"... decisional drivers that might lead to one are miles away from the other and vice versa.

DTR1 does NOT a lot of things (wifi, apps, streaming, BT, balanced out, etc..) but for sure it does few things brilliantly, providing good SQ and power in a very small format/footprint, with good autonomy and ease of use.

Do you need a light setup without the need for stacking? then you go for DTR1 and you will not be disappointed. :)

Sep 18, 2019 at 4:44 AM Post #712 of 2,316
Sep 18, 2019 at 5:45 AM Post #713 of 2,316
DTR1 arrived this week. I haven't had much time with it yet. In all honesty I've found it a bit bright and fatiguing after initial listens straight out of the box, does that improve at all with burn in? I'm trying to leave it playing for a few days in the meantime.

Bad news is my idea about the Dignis Fiio X3 2nd gen case might not work. I tried putting it in to test and line up what I would need to cut from the case to make it match etc. - but it's a veeerrry tight fit, and takes a fair amount of time to work the DTR1 back out of the case. Maybe the leather will loosen up a bit with time, and cutting a few holes in places might loosen it fractionally too. But doesn't seem like such a good match so far.

Sep 18, 2019 at 5:50 AM Post #714 of 2,316
DTR1 arrived this week. I haven't had much time with it yet. In all honesty I've found it a bit bright and fatiguing after initial listens straight out of the box, does that improve at all with burn in? I'm trying to leave it playing for a few days in the meantime.

Bad news is my idea about the Dignis Fiio X3 2nd gen case might not work. I tried putting it in to test and line up what I would need to cut from the case to make it match etc. - but it's a veeerrry tight fit, and takes a fair amount of time to work the DTR1 back out of the case. Maybe the leather will loosen up a bit with time, and cutting a few holes in places might loosen it fractionally too. But doesn't seem like such a good match so far.
Many listeners love listening to breaking glass. What iem/headphone you using ?

Sep 18, 2019 at 6:38 AM Post #716 of 2,316
Right now at my disposal I have the B&W P7s, Momentum 2s and oBravo Cupid IEMs. The Cupids are quite new and may need more burn in themselves.
The p7 are a warm headphone

Sep 18, 2019 at 7:24 AM Post #717 of 2,316
The p7 are a warm headphone
They've actually been my favorite daily use headphone for about two years now. Good bass kick, clear mids and treble and some of the best passive noise isolation I've come across, makes them handy for at home, walking down the street and in the office :)

Sep 18, 2019 at 7:26 AM Post #718 of 2,316
They've actually been my favorite daily use headphone for about two years now. Good bass kick, clear mids and treble and some of the best passive noise isolation I've come across, makes them handy for at home, walking down the street and in the office :)
Agree , I had and used them for 2 yrs in crowded Hong Kong (3 hrs on the go per day).

Sep 18, 2019 at 11:49 AM Post #719 of 2,316
so is this worth 500$ guys?

i am a bit cynical about this DAP as it is considered quite an excellent DAP in term of sound quality , but i can't find a demo and i've heard that the UI is so bad . Plus the charger is not replaceable too right?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back