Dethonray Dtr1 Prelude high resolution player
Sep 8, 2019 at 9:28 PM Post #676 of 2,316
Well, I just ordered one of these. Will post a few impressions in a couple of weeks, although there's already plenty on this thread and head-fi reviews now. I have the Plenue M2 and D2 at the moment to compare to, and B&W P7, Momentum 2 and oBravo Cupid head/earphones.

I didn't particularly like the look of the official case available via Penon. But I searched around and found that the Fiio X3 2nd gen has almost the same dimensions:

Fiio X3II: 96.7 mm×57.7 mm×16.1 mm
DTR1: 100 x 56 x 16.4

So I ordered a refurbished Fiio X3II case from Dignis as well, available in a nice leather option. There's also Fiio leather cases available too. DTR1 is fractionally longer and skinnier but within 2-3mm, the thickness difference of 0.3mm hopefully shouldn't be too much. I figure I'll try the case and then if the DTR1 fits in, I'll make a few extra holes or adjustments for the headphone jack, volume/power/play buttons etc. Might need to change the size of the screen hole. Will post an update on how well that works - the X3II cases are pretty cheap and could be an option for other users if they're after something different too.

You get the full credit for the idea :wink: Yes, it works!!! Just need to make a few modifications, cutout to open more room for Up button, cutout for LO and HO, and cutout on the right side for volume up/down and power. Here is DIY DTR1 case adapted from X3k silicone case. I didn't include the picture of the bottom after I opened HO/LO, I butchered that one lol!!! Should have used my kids hole puncher for it. But either way, it works!

dtr1-case-x01.jpg dtr1-case-x05.jpg dtr1-case-x06.jpg dtr1-case-x07.jpg

Sep 8, 2019 at 9:42 PM Post #677 of 2,316
You get the full credit for the idea :wink: Yes, it works!!! Just need to make a few modifications, cutout to open more room for Up button, cutout for LO and HO, and cutout on the right side for volume up/down and power. Here is DIY DTR1 case adapted from X3k silicone case. I didn't include the picture of the bottom after I opened HO/LO, I butchered that one lol!!! Should have used my kids hole puncher for it. But either way, it works!

Awesome! Thanks for trying it out. I’ll probably butcher mine too, so instead of calling it beautiful, let’s just call it “functional” :wink:

Sep 10, 2019 at 10:17 AM Post #681 of 2,316
It is a pity there is no one-time playback of the track in the menu. I’m not going to learn the words of the song and make lists. Surfing from track to track - according to the mood ... And here you need to constantly look at the screen so as not to miss the end and not get a repeat. Not every player sees such a function, apparently not in demand ... 

Sep 10, 2019 at 10:51 AM Post #682 of 2,316
It is a pity there is no one-time playback of the track in the menu. I’m not going to learn the words of the song and make lists. Surfing from track to track - according to the mood ... And here you need to constantly look at the screen so as not to miss the end and not get a repeat. Not every player sees such a function, apparently not in demand ... 

Not sure what you mean, in Play Mode you can select either loop all, loop one, or random. When you say "one-time playback" do you mean repeat/loop one?

Sep 10, 2019 at 11:10 AM Post #683 of 2,316
What he means is that if you have folder with files, let's say it's one album, after last one (last song from that album), player starts playback again from the first file (song) from that folder. It's really annoying. I did pass this to Anson, but I had no success (he said most of the audiophiles want it this way) :).

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2019 at 11:32 AM Post #685 of 2,316
What he means is that if you have folder with files, let's say it's one album, after last one (last song from that album), player starts playback again from the first file (song) from that folder. It's really annoying. I did pass this to Anson, but I had no success (he said most of the audiophiles want it this way) :).

Sounds like it needs a play through folders option. That's how Hiby and Fiio address it.

Cheers!:beerchug:
HK sends

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2019 at 11:39 AM Post #686 of 2,316
Anson is quite stubborn...

Sep 10, 2019 at 12:19 PM Post #687 of 2,316
Lithrai: "What he means is that if you have folder with files, let's say it's one album, after last one (last song from that album), player starts playback again from the first file (song) from that folder. It's really annoying. I did pass this to Anson, but I had no success (he said most of the audiophiles want it this way) :)."

I have to clarify.
The mode of which I speak is usually indicated by "1" without circulation, or "one track"
This is a critical feature in order to listen to selectively individual tracks.
(After listening to the track, it should stop, giving me the opportunity to select another track from another folder (album).
The absence of this function really reduces the pleasure of listening to music, it is constantly distracting - since you need to keep your finger on the “trigger of the weapon” - the pause button, so as not to miss the moment the song ends.
Even on such relatively budget models as "Cowon D2", "Hidiz Ap100" this feature is present, not to mention the top segment of music players.

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2019 at 1:36 PM Post #688 of 2,316
Lithrai: "What he means is that if you have folder with files, let's say it's one album, after last one (last song from that album), player starts playback again from the first file (song) from that folder. It's really annoying. I did pass this to Anson, but I had no success (he said most of the audiophiles want it this way) :)."

I have to clarify.
The mode of which I speak is usually indicated by "1" without circulation, or "one track"
This is a critical feature in order to listen to selectively individual tracks.
(After listening to the track, it should stop, giving me the opportunity to select another track from another folder (album). :slight_smile:

Lithrai is right, I also asked anson the folder playback issue, he told me that function was in their lists and will make it later, now his team are focus on timestamp bugs and other format support.
We are confused about your 1 track playback. Do you mean one specail play mode, only play one song then stop and use key to confirm the other song? I never meet this mode on my phone or other player.

Sep 10, 2019 at 2:16 PM Post #689 of 2,316
Lithrai is right, I also asked anson the folder playback issue, he told me that function was in their lists and will make it later, now his team are focus on timestamp bugs and other format support.
We are confused about your 1 track playback. Do you mean one specail play mode, only play one song then stop and use key to confirm the other song? I never meet this mode on my phone or other player.

This "unique" function is found in about 50% of players - user friendly (also called convenient to use). If you are used to listening to the whole album, or making lists of your favorite music for all occasions, then you do not need this function. If you are ready to listen endlessly to one song - a lullaby for example, then you have enough functionality.
If you are confused, I will certainly explain:
1. You select the single play function (in a menu, for example, it may look like "1" without arrows in a circle).
2. Click on the desired song in the folder (the song that you want to hear now).
3. Listen to the selected track.
4. When you hear silence, and not the beginning of the same composition or the next (unnecessary for listening to the song) - means "Oh miracle, the song is over."
5. You browse your music library and select the next record (track, song ...), click on the selected record (it could be another singer, composer ... another folder).
6. Click on the desired song in the folder (the song that you want to hear now).
7. Listen to the selected track ...

I hope I clearly explained.

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2019 at 3:55 PM Post #690 of 2,316
This "unique" function is found in about 50% of players - user friendly (also called convenient to use). If you are used to listening to the whole album, or making lists of your favorite music for all occasions, then you do not need this function. If you are ready to listen endlessly to one song - a lullaby for example, then you have enough functionality.
If you are confused, I will certainly explain:
1. You select the single play function (in a menu, for example, it may look like "1" without arrows in a circle).
2. Click on the desired song in the folder (the song that you want to hear now).
3. Listen to the selected track.
4. When you hear silence, and not the beginning of the same composition or the next (unnecessary for listening to the song) - means "Oh miracle, the song is over."
5. You browse your music library and select the next record (track, song ...), click on the selected record (it could be another singer, composer ... another folder).
6. Click on the desired song in the folder (the song that you want to hear now).
7. Listen to the selected track ...

I hope I clearly explained.

Oh, so you are looking to play and stop a single track at a time (vse ponyal :D). That's kind of rare. I think developers would go for something like that when there are multiple requests from customers, but not sure if there is enough demand?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back