Dethonray Dtr1 Prelude high resolution player
May 20, 2019 at 9:54 AM Post #211 of 2,316
As the custom power supply is required for charging, for US purchasers, is it shipped with the appropriate connector for use with the US power grid? Any US purchasers yet??

Last edited:
May 20, 2019 at 10:46 AM Post #213 of 2,316
now "anti-audiophile" is a strong word, the streaming services are not the same as years ago :smile_phones:, and I will never stop to discover new music, and for that streaming is the only way :smile_phones:

it depends what do you mean by audiophile. In my understanding it is more technical - a person that demands and searches for the best SQ. You are talking from the standpoint of aesthetics - discovering and collecting music.... You can do it wih any device that is capable of streaming prior to buying the track in max. available quality...

May 20, 2019 at 11:08 AM Post #215 of 2,316
it depends what do you mean by audiophile. In my understanding it is more technical - a person that demands and searches for the best SQ. You are talking from the standpoint of aesthetics - discovering and collecting music.... You can do it wih any device that is capable of streaming prior to buying the track in max. available quality...
yep and no, because, why you can't discover songs listening with the best sq? because I'm really annoyed when I like some songs but are unlistenable or viceversa (because of the source or the file), I just hoping in a future while discover news and listening your collection have the same sq

Last edited:
May 20, 2019 at 4:00 PM Post #216 of 2,316
Playing with 1.42FW version that now supports album covers. Hope that everything goes well and it would be released in several days to public...
I also received the fw 1.42 from Anson. Sound remains exceptional, very detailed and dynamic, but never harsh. I am still speechless listening to my music, using a FiiO A5 amp, because my IEMs even sound better with a blacker background. The LO is great on that player. A real "tour de force". This DAP is so badass, I cannot believe it :)

Albums covers are now being displayed with fw1.42:
IMG_20190520_214221.jpg

Now knowing where Anson comes from (in a professional perspective), I will follow him very closely. It would be great for him, and for us music lovers, if the DTR1 could sell well. For people trying to organize their music, albums and artists search options might come in the future. For the time being, I created folders on my SD card, with artists names and albums. Yes, it takes a lot of time. But then you are rewarded with a fantastic sound and a so far reliable UI.

Just a protective case is missing... maybe in a near future? :)

Last edited:
May 20, 2019 at 4:02 PM Post #217 of 2,316
I think I may get this dap...

May 20, 2019 at 4:04 PM Post #218 of 2,316
May 20, 2019 at 4:06 PM Post #219 of 2,316
Yes, do it if you love your music and don't care about "modern" features.
I've just bought a sp1000 which sounds incredible but is too expensive for work. Dethonray could be ideal. Does it play flac and wav files?

May 20, 2019 at 4:08 PM Post #220 of 2,316
May 20, 2019 at 9:20 PM Post #221 of 2,316
I've been listening the DTR1 for over 1 week, it just kept impressing me every time I listen to it. Having previously owned SPKM, R6pro, ZX300, Shanling M5s, I can say that this is the most satisfying purchase for me in 2019.

One of the most impressive thing is it's size, how can a DAP just slightly bigger than e.g. Hiby r3, able to punch out such good 3.5mm sound quality? If someone looking for a pure music playing DAP, this is the one!

....I hate the HDMI plug a lot!!!!

May 20, 2019 at 10:51 PM Post #222 of 2,316
I've been listening the DTR1 for over 1 week, it just kept impressing me every time I listen to it. Having previously owned SPKM, R6pro, ZX300, Shanling M5s, I can say that this is the most satisfying purchase for me in 2019.

One of the most impressive thing is it's size, how can a DAP just slightly bigger than e.g. Hiby r3, able to punch out such good 3.5mm sound quality? If someone looking for a pure music playing DAP, this is the one!

How does the sound quality of the DTR1 compare to the daps you listed? Thanks.

May 20, 2019 at 11:54 PM Post #223 of 2,316
I would say in 3.5mm, the clarity is better than SPKM.

I think the most logical direct competition with the DTR1 is the QA361. From my memory, the clarity may be similar on both but the sound of QA361 was a little bit dry which I do not like at all.

May 21, 2019 at 12:49 AM Post #224 of 2,316

I totally agree with you, the custom plug is totally a bummer, i complained about this to dethonray.
Lets hope they will use type c connection for their next product.

May 21, 2019 at 12:51 AM Post #225 of 2,316
I think I may get this dap...
I've just bought a sp1000 which sounds incredible but is too expensive for work. Dethonray could be ideal. Does it play flac and wav files?

No need to think further, go for it.
I consider the dtr1 as the best 3.5 player at this price range.
And i have zero problem with wav and flac playback. Plus the os is really mature and stable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back