1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Dethonray Dtr1 Prelude high resolution player

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by jaykay1967, Jan 25, 2019.
First

Back
6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
Next

Last
  1. Isloo
    Thanks for the reply. From what you and other people have said, it sounds as if, from a purely sq perspective, this competes with top tier daps.

2. anyone007
    What if DTR1's 3.5mm to SPKM's 2.5mm balanced? I'm curious how DTR1 would actually fare against summit-fi portable DAPs.

3. duncan21
    If you compare micro detail & clarity, i think they are on the same level.

At the end, It all depends on your taste. I think SPK is on a warmer side and the functionality between them is incomparable.

4. denis1976
    that's why I only listen to "wet wet wet" in my QLS

5. immortalsoul
    Does the player have a proprietary USB, or you can charge the player with any cable?

6. CactusPete23
    Power is supplied by a "wall wart" that uses a mini-HDMI connector. It outputs 2 separate power supplies, to charge two separate internal batteries. 1 Charge circuit is 8.5vdc 800 ma, the other is 8.5vdc @ 300ma.
    Included is a USB cable to mini-hdmi; BUT that cable is ONLY for DATA transfer of files to/from the DTR1.

So, without that specific power supply, you will have no way to power the DTR1. (For me this is an issue, solveable short-term, IF they can sell a spare charger. Longer term, would like to see IF a USB-C PD charging system could be designed. I would even be OK with combined charging system for the 2 batteries, knowing that best sound will come when running on batteries alone, and not connected to a "future" USB-C charger.)

Really like this design, just don't like the custom charging and data connection.

7. duncan21
    This could be a deal breaker for someone. Hope they will use USB C port in their next generation product

8. immortalsoul
    Thank you for your answer. I am interested in the player but I live in US and I don't know if they have a character that works here, plus to have another charger just for this player is not convenient, because if you lose the charger you can't charge the player anymore

9. Khursevich
    Can will be support usb-dac function with firmware upgrade in the future?

10. lithrai
    I don't think so.

11. elvispreasley
    Hello to all happy users of this interesting device!
    Have a question for you: is dtr1 taking exfat formated microsd cards only or fat32 are also good to go?

12. anyone007
    Great! I guess all I have to do is wait for my unit. lol

13. terry1109
    Exfat works fine for me

14. F700
    Firmware update can only be done with Fat32 format. Exfat works for music files, but not for fw-update. Anson, CEO from Dethonray, confirmed that to me by latest fw-update.

Last edited: May 22, 2019
    RuFrost likes this.
  15. elvispreasley
    Thank you for an answer, but I mean: do the fat32 formated card will be good to play a music from it? I'm asking cause my main microsd (128gb) with music library for portable devices, is fat32.

Last edited: May 22, 2019
    Tawek likes this.
First

Back
6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
Next

Last