Dethonray Dtr1 Prelude high resolution player
May 6, 2019 at 2:00 AM Post #166 of 2,313
Hmmm. Having a different opinion. To me it sounds colder and crispier than anything of: Hidizs AP100, AP200, AP60Pro, AP80, Sonata DH1000, Serenade iDSD, Shanling M0, Xduoo X3, X3II, HiBY R6Pro, Sony NW-WM1Z and many other DAC&AMPs that I own.... that is why I've mentioned that it has a unique sound signature... Which FW are you running now?
sounds colder and crispier? I don't think so. If you have C4, you will never have such a conclusion. DTR1 has unbelievable details, it's really amazing. Sincerly recommand compare with C4 and sony pcm D1.Maybe you will find something interesting.

May 6, 2019 at 2:14 AM Post #167 of 2,313
I started my post saying "i think" I did not disrespect anyone don't go all calling ridiculous or fool because is a lack of respect and there is no peace of sh*+&t that looks like an ipod that deserves that

Last edited:
May 6, 2019 at 2:15 AM Post #168 of 2,313
No only to QLS361, I am saying this based in spec, but I eard and had the lotoo paw gold in the past and the qls is more powerful and the SQ is on line with it, just to give you an idea
Hear is more importand than read the specs, lotoo paw gold is great, one guy recommand me LP mk2 and I just bought by spec.Now mk2 is in dust.:L3000:

May 6, 2019 at 2:33 AM Post #169 of 2,313
sounds colder and crispier? I don't think so. If you have C4, you will never have such a conclusion. DTR1 has unbelievable details, it's really amazing. Sincerly recommand compare with C4 and sony pcm D1.Maybe you will find something interesting.

I only can compare to what I own. I agree that it sounds much more detailed than any of those. But where this detalization comes from? My opinion - from the accenting of treble part, which also means going into colder tonality. At least I can hear the elevation of it with the same IEMs. It is also more prone to hisses, fortunately not that much.

May 6, 2019 at 3:53 AM Post #170 of 2,313
I started my post saying "i think" I did not disrespect anyone don't go all calling ridiculous or fool because is a lack of respect and there is no peace of sh*+&t that looks like an ipod that deserves that
This is the internet. You say say something ridiculous, you get called for it.

May 6, 2019 at 6:25 PM Post #171 of 2,313
New version with 117db instead of 107 SNR

10269217.jpg
I decided to buy this DAP. I'm a bit concerned though about the product version I will get. If I'm not mistaken, this is hardware based right? I hope Penon Audio had the latest one. lol

PS: Is it the final version to begin with?

May 6, 2019 at 8:59 PM Post #172 of 2,313
My opinion is aligned with lunatic, definitely not cool or bright.
My opinion is around the same, and a great job to lunatic for the review.
I decided to buy this DAP. I'm a bit concerned though about the product version I will get. If I'm not mistaken, this is hardware based right? I hope Penon Audio had the latest one. lol

PS: Is it the final version to begin with?

Penon has the final production version

Last edited:
May 7, 2019 at 2:10 AM Post #175 of 2,313
Hey @Mimouille do you happen to have a Cowan Plenue D2 for comparson? I’ve got one of those and like it a bunch, but there’s always room for one more DAP! :)
I happen to have a friend's Plenue D2 at my hands but upon first try it doesn't seem to recognize my cards in exFAT format. I will need to put music on a FAT32-formatted card to do some proper listening.

Lunatic

May 7, 2019 at 2:48 AM Post #176 of 2,313
I happen to have a friend's Plenue D2 at my hands but upon first try it doesn't seem to recognize my cards in exFAT format. I will need to put music on a FAT32-formatted card to do some proper listening.

Lunatic
D2 is interesting. You will really need to play with it to eek out what you want from it. D2 in “Normal” is like the tuning is below the line, and it’s up to you to tune it up to what you find appropriate.
Let me know what you think in comparison to the Dethonray.

May 7, 2019 at 3:46 AM Post #177 of 2,313
Subbed. I miss semi old school. If only new gen daps actually had cameras in them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back