1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Dethonray Dtr1 Prelude high resolution player

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by jaykay1967, Jan 25, 2019.
First

Back
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
Next

Last
  1. daorenmi
    sounds colder and crispier? I don't think so. If you have C4, you will never have such a conclusion. DTR1 has unbelievable details, it's really amazing. Sincerly recommand compare with C4 and sony pcm D1.Maybe you will find something interesting.

Lunatic likes this.
  2. denis1976
    I started my post saying "i think" I did not disrespect anyone don't go all calling ridiculous or fool because is a lack of respect and there is no peace of sh*+&t that looks like an ipod that deserves that

Last edited: May 6, 2019
  3. daorenmi
    Hear is more importand than read the specs, lotoo paw gold is great, one guy recommand me LP mk2 and I just bought by spec.Now mk2 is in dust.:L3000:

4. IryxBRO
    I only can compare to what I own. I agree that it sounds much more detailed than any of those. But where this detalization comes from? My opinion - from the accenting of treble part, which also means going into colder tonality. At least I can hear the elevation of it with the same IEMs. It is also more prone to hisses, fortunately not that much.

5. Mimouille
    This is the internet. You say say something ridiculous, you get called for it.

anyone007 likes this.
  6. anyone007
    I decided to buy this DAP. I'm a bit concerned though about the product version I will get. If I'm not mistaken, this is hardware based right? I hope Penon Audio had the latest one. lol

PS: Is it the final version to begin with?

7. terry1109
    My opinion is around the same, and a great job to lunatic for the review.
    Penon has the final production version

Last edited: May 6, 2019
    Lunatic likes this.
  8. Mimouille
    Yes should be don't worry

9. silverfishla
    Hey @Mimouille do you happen to have a Cowan Plenue D2 for comparson? I’ve got one of those and like it a bunch, but there’s always room for one more DAP! :)

10. Lunatic
    I happen to have a friend's Plenue D2 at my hands but upon first try it doesn't seem to recognize my cards in exFAT format. I will need to put music on a FAT32-formatted card to do some proper listening.

Lunatic

silverfishla likes this.
  11. silverfishla
    D2 is interesting. You will really need to play with it to eek out what you want from it. D2 in “Normal” is like the tuning is below the line, and it’s up to you to tune it up to what you find appropriate.
    Let me know what you think in comparison to the Dethonray.

12. 1TrickPony
    Subbed. I miss semi old school. If only new gen daps actually had cameras in them.

13. Mimouille
    Nope sorry

silverfishla likes this.
  14. hireslover
    Hello All,
    I already have a WM1Z which I love. I am tempting to purchase one Dethonray so bad but before I do that I want to know how the SQ of this toy is compared to the 1Z.
    Thanks

15. Khursevich
    Can this DAP work as USB-DAC with Mac?

First

Back
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
Next

Last