Dethonray Dtr1 Prelude high resolution player
May 3, 2019 at 2:46 PM Post #136 of 2,316
Got the unit today... finally.

Spent couple of hours with it + my reference IEMs (Tanchjim Oxygen) + reference DAP (HiBY R6Pro in reference mode).

What I can tell so far:

1. Very interesting and quite new experience in sound, accents are placed completely different to what I've got used to in many more reference type of DAPs.
2. Lows and bass are among the most sweet features = more exposed and brought to front but it is done so accurately that it doesn't annoy at all. Pleasing sound, instead
3. Most of the deviation from reference monitor sound seems to be coming from some lower | upper treble range elevation so that the entire sound gets more resolved and close to being thin. Again, doesn't annoy.
4. This brings another virtue - exceptional clarity and distinction of all instruments
5. This + other sound tuning also lead to quite deep stage perception. Wouldn't call it wide, but deep - yes.
6. Sound has some thin and crisp feel to it (high clarity + cold tonality).

7. Build quality is perfect. Phisycal controls are convenient. Screen might have been better in terms of resolution and max brightness, but I wouldn't worry about that since it is totally one function DAP.

To mention spotted drawbacks:

1. Couple of misspelling here and there

Thee are just the very first impressions. I feel that this DAP is very good so far due to 3 reasons:

1. Quite different sound signature to many other more familiar and more standard DAPs
2. Some exceptional sound qualities
3. Very user friendly and simple FW with no visible flaws.

Full review and lots of pics would be ready soon. I'd share more info later. This is just 1dt pic made at night:

_DSC1360.jpg

Last edited:
May 3, 2019 at 2:50 PM Post #137 of 2,316
Got the unit today... finally.

Spent couple of hours with it + my reference IEMs (Tanchjim Oxygen) + reference DAP (HiBY R6Pro in reference mode).

What I can tell so far:

1. Very interesting and quite new experience in sound, accents are placed completely different to what I've got used to in many more reference type of DAPs.
2. Lows and bass are among the most sweet features = more exposed and brought to front but it is done so accurately that it doesn't annoy at all. Pleasing sound, instead
3. Most of the deviation from reference monitor sound seems to be coming from some lower | upper treble range elevation so that the entire sound gets more resolved and close to being thin. Again, doesn't annoy.
4. This brings another virtue - exceptional clarity and distinction of all instruments
5. This + other sound tuning also lead to quite deep stage perception. Wouldn't call it wide, but deep - yes.

6. Build quality is perfect. Phisycal controls are convenient. Screen might have been better in terms of resolution and max brightness, but I wouldn't worry about that since it is totally one function DAP.

To mention spotted drawbacks:

1. Couple of misspelling here and there
2. Sound has some metallic feel to it (high clarity + cold tonality)

Thee are just the very first impressions. I feel that this DAP is very good so far due to 3 reasons:

1. Quite different sound signature to many other more familiar and more standard DAPs
2. Some exceptional sound qualities
3. Very user friendly and simple FW with no visible flaws.

Full review and lots of pics would be ready soon. I'd share more info later.
Please take a video as well - thanks for your initial impressions. A little taken back by the metallic sound description.

May 3, 2019 at 2:52 PM Post #138 of 2,316
Please take a video as well - thanks for your initial impressions. A little taken back by the metallic sound description.
I suppose pair it with warm headphones and it'll sound great

May 3, 2019 at 3:09 PM Post #140 of 2,316
I suppose pair it with warm headphones and it'll sound great

Oxygens are neutral. I have some warm ones like Tanchjim Darkside, TFZ Tequila 1 (if you can call it warm), HIFI BOY OSV3, DB Monroe, Shozy Zero, etc. I would try warmer ones. But I think that neutral would be most suitable cause DTR1 has unique lows representation which should not be pushed even further with bassy IEMs.

May 3, 2019 at 3:25 PM Post #141 of 2,316
How are firmware updates accomplished on this player?

May 3, 2019 at 4:28 PM Post #143 of 2,316
Has anyone heard if the case is ready for ordering? I will likely place an order but would prefer to order both together.

May 3, 2019 at 4:53 PM Post #144 of 2,316
Where do you get a case from?

May 3, 2019 at 5:13 PM Post #145 of 2,316
There was one pictured in one of Mim's posts. (#55)
I assumed it was from the DAP builder but I don't know that for a fact.

Last edited:
May 4, 2019 at 4:32 PM Post #148 of 2,316
Updated to FW V1.23. Some misspellings were fixed in English + FW update menu item was removed. TO update: press and hold DOWN button while turning on. If there is update.zip on SD in root - it would start the update and than would go off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back