Describe your headphones with a food....
Dec 30, 2006 at 2:28 AM Post #17 of 50
CD3K's - A large Strawberry (treble), Orange (mids) smoothie from Surf City Squeeze with whipped cream (bass) on top. Super sweet with a nice sized dollop of that fatty bass slam that no one can resist. It's liquid, not to be mistaken for a liquid smooth sound signature, so it takes the shape of the container (sound stage) it's put in. The sound stage in these cans, unless "contained" by the recording, CDP, and/or amp is miles and miles wide... Even though you have a few flavors in there, you can easily separate them in your mind and mouth, allowing you to pick apart each element in order to either simply concentrate or analyze it.

Dec 30, 2006 at 2:35 AM Post #18 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by Toonie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My Grados are most like Chinese food...I always get hungry for more half an hour later.

hah, classic!

i am going to describe my etymotics as christmas cookies. . .

. . . both are awesome!

thats all i got
wink.gif

Dec 30, 2006 at 3:26 AM Post #19 of 50
akg k501: cold laksa! its got really good flavour but needs to be warmer
tongue.gif

etymotic er6i: cornflakes because its reliable and does nothing wrong. it needs more flavour though
wink.gif

sennheiser px100: australian chocolate because its nice and sweet but isnt very high quality

ibuds: SPAM

sennheiser hd437: mud!!!! its as bad for your ears as eating mud would be for your stomach. god its bass is bloated
mad.gif

stax 2020&3030 systems: lobster

Dec 30, 2006 at 3:49 AM Post #22 of 50
Mastercheif, very creative... best thread idea I've seen in a long time. And all the responses are top choice USDA beef, too!

I'm not sure how I would describe my Triple.Fi yet... certainly with a special dish of course, maybe like a nice 4-hour social Fondue... You start with a scrumptious cheese fondue, and then it gets better with the hot oil dinner portion with Filet Mignon and Chicken breast, and then it gets even better with the desert portion of liquid Chocolate, cake and fruit... The Triple.Fi just keep getting better and better as I listen to them more and more..

Now, I certainly know how I would describe my iPod in-ear headphones: like garlic ice cream... it's something I tried once and will never try again.
tongue.gif

Dec 30, 2006 at 4:45 AM Post #23 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by calcajun /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My Grados are almost better than sex!

Oh, wait, thats not food.

But yeah, Sex!

lol
tongue.gif

$40 koss r80 -- water. Very comprehensible.

$45 Panasonic RP-HC75-S -- hmm. Something as light as water and clear as water, but solid like fish. Yes, Salmon fish it would be.

$225 dt770/80 -- A big plate of (fancy @ss)food composed of 8 different things, with the bass/meat(from a chemically enhanced cow's buttox from the year 2190) as the main attraction.

=]

Dec 30, 2006 at 5:39 AM Post #24 of 50
HD555 - spaghetti... not meant to be eaten without the "powering" sauce!
KSC75 - white rice... my standard reference to everything else... and mixes with virtually anything!

Dec 30, 2006 at 6:53 AM Post #26 of 50
W1000 - Dragon roll
A900 - Chocolate-chip Icecream
ES7 - Mint Icecream
CK7 - Oshinko roll
CK9 - Shiitake roll
CK31 - Uncooked Steak
UM1 - Grits
mad.gif

DT990 - Burger King Double Whopper
HD202 - Diarrhea (processed food
tongue.gif
)
MDR-7506 - Kimchi

EDIT:
(Even though I sold it)
AD900 - Miso Soup (Where's my bass?
tongue.gif
)

Dec 30, 2006 at 7:44 AM Post #28 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by nibiyabi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Now you've just gone and made me hungry.
frown.gif

and I thought that Coffee Toffee Heath Bar Crunch I just ran out for was gonna satisfy me until I woke up in the morning. now I'm craving something spicy! some meat and cheese Pupusas and Curtido with a mild tomato salsa and then a really hot pepper salsa dowsed on top of it all to give it some kick would be good right now.

Dec 30, 2006 at 7:55 AM Post #30 of 50
HD600 : good ol fashion beef stew. good by itself, with bread, potatoes or rice. fills me up quite nicely but a lil boring attimes

W5000 : french haute cuisine. delicately presented, in small portions and tastes exquisite. truly shines in the rite enviroment with all the accoutrements

KSC75 : coney island dog. good anywhere anytime

ES7 : domino's pizza with all toppings. looks delicious and good to go

Users who are viewing this thread

Back